TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hey all! I'm planning a trip to KBF on Wednesday 2/27 and it looks like it's going to be a ghost town. Any tips on how to approach the park? Unfortunately Ghostrider is closed, so I'm thinking of hitting Xcelerator/Hangtime/Coastrider first, followed by the 2 mine rides.

Hey all! I'm planning a trip to KBF on Wednesday 2/27 and it looks like it's going to be a ghost town. Any tips on how to approach the park? Unfortunately Ghostrider is closed, so I'm thinking of hitting Xcelerator/Hangtime/Coastrider first, followed by the 2 mine rides.

it should be so dead you won't need any plan. maybe the only plan would be if you want to get off the ride or go again. lol

Oh no!

I was planning on doing KBF on Wednesday and Disney Thurs-Sun. Maybe I should switch KBF to a Friday or something?

why? it will be dead, you'll probably have the run of the park. off season weekdays at knott's are great.

With next year being an anniversary for Knott's (100 Years since the farm started); do you think there will be a new ride, or expansion, or anything else?

I suppose it's asking a lot with all the investing CF has been putting into Knott's, but I wouldn't think they'd skip an anniversary as big as that. What are your thoughts?

Damn. I didn't even think to check and it looks like GhostRider will be closed when we visit in a couple of weeks. Oh well.

With next year being an anniversary for Knott's (100 Years since the farm started); do you think there will be a new ride, or expansion, or anything else?

I suppose it's asking a lot with all the investing CF has been putting into Knott's, but I wouldn't think they'd skip an anniversary as big as that. What are your thoughts?

You'll for sure be able to buy an anniversary T-shirt.

I don't think we'll see any major ride or expansion for the 100th anniversary, because the 100th anniversary itself is highly marketable and they won't need a new ride in order to get people into the park. I can see them having some kind of 100th anniversary festival to celebrate the park's history. This park does festivals very well; Boysenberry Festival and Knott's Scary Farm are both insanely popular, so I'm sure they'll come up with something that draws in crowds. It would make much more sense to wait until the following year or so - when the hoopla over the 100th anniversary dies down - to install a new ride.

Thank you! Any recommendations for places to eat? I think we're going to go to Mrs. Knott's Restaurant for dinner, but would need suggestions for lunch.

The (relatively) new BBQ restaurant near HangTime and Xcelerator is fantastic. Aside from Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner, it has my favorite food in the park. If BBQ isn't your thing, I would recommend the Mexican restaurant in Fiesta Village (I forgot its name, but it's next to the carousel and underneath Silver Bullet's first drop). Good burritos and nachos.

There's also your basic burgers, chicken strips, pizza, etc. at several places throughout the park but I don't find any of it considerably better than your average theme park meals.

Thank you! Any recommendations for places to eat? I think we're going to go to Mrs. Knott's Restaurant for dinner, but would need suggestions for lunch.

Go less than a mile down La Palma to Portillos. They have a Combo sandwich that is like a French Dip with a giant link of spicy Italian sausage on it. Then they dip it for you in the beef gravy. That with a frosty schooner of beer. Yum! Good price and one of the tastiest things I have eaten.

8372e689b2230b8bf4a638471a3e693d.jpg.8d5924424a41ccf8ff58d7d615c8df82.jpg

Is Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant open after the park closes? I'm going the last week of February, and it looks like the park closes at 6PM but the final reservations you can make is at 5PM. But Google says it closes at 10PM every day.

The outside California Marketplace is generally open until 9 pm, (and that includes CDR), UNLESS the park is open later, than much of it closes one hour AFTER the park closes. The exception to this is Scary Farm, when they still close at 9, except for Starbucks, Cable Car Kitchen and Virginia's, which stay open for Scary Farm crowds leaving the park, AND when the park closes early due to rain, in which case much of the Marketplace (this year at least) closes about 5 pm.

CDR is quite a large space. My guess is since no reservations are needed after the park closes during the off season, they just make no reservations an option, since you will walk in and be seated immediately.

I'm curious about the TAKE OUT place there, between the Restaurant and the (yum) Knott's Bakery.

Does it stay open later than the Restaurant, or does it have the same hours as the Marketplace....?

It certainly made taking Mrs. Knott's chicken (plus everything else) easier, back to the Hotel room.

IMG_0417.JPG.33403886d827980e9f64f89b585f675b.JPG

Me riding a ride, while David guards our Mrs. Knott's Take Out Chicken. Sept.1975

You mean Chicken to Go right? It's basically the same hours? 9 pm when park closes at 6 pm. Sometimes the bakery seems to close at 8 pm, and during the off season the Mrs. Knott's Bakery Express (old Cinnabon) and Cable Car Kitchen stay closed all week. During spring break and summer, they will be open daily.

Help!! It looks like GhostRider, Revolucion, and Calico Mine Train are closed on the weekdays during my visit, but are open on Saturday/Sunday. Is it worth switching a Wednesday at KBF to a Sat/Sun with much higher crowds? Here is the current itinerary:

Mon: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Tue: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Wed: Knott's

Thu: Disney California Adventure

Fri: Disneyland

Sat: Disney California Adventure

Sun: Disneyland

^ Well, if you really want to ride those that are closed on week days... you change your week day visit to the Saturday, and get a (their paid version of) FastPass if you think the crowds will be bigger...which they probably will be.