TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hello Everyone! I'll be visiting Knott's in June. I'm wondering if anybody had any tips, such as order to do rides and places to eat. Thanks in advance!

You want to get there about 20-30 minutes before opening as Knott's usually opens the gates before the actual opening time. If you are staying at the Knott's hotel or are a season pass holder, you can get in the park at 9:30am instead of 10am. I would go straight to Ghostrider as it typically gets the longest line out of all the rides. After Ghostrider, I would head to the back right corner and hit up Hang Time, Xcelerator, and Supreme Scream. They should be walk-ons for the first hour or so of the park being open. From there you can just enjoy the park at your leisure. The log ride and Silver Bullet have great capacity, so don't be dismayed if they have long lines--those lines move quickly. Don't miss out on the Mine ride (classic dark ride) or Montezooma's Revenge (the last Schwarzkopf shuttle loop still operating in the US).

My new favorite place to eat in the park is the Boardwalk BBQ. It has a nice selection of BBQ items (ribs, wings, pulled pork, tri-tip, etc) and the portions are huge. For sides, I would recommend the mac & cheese and the baked beans. And be sure to get a funnel cake with boysenberry topping.

^I agree with that. Even though Hangtime is new, one ride on Ghostrider right at opening is still a good plan to avoid the 60-90 min queue throughout the day. I think it's safe to say you should probably hit Hangtime immediately after though. Then I'd wait to return to Ghostrider until the last 2 hours before closing. I also suggest Ghost Town Grill if you're looking for another sitdown restaurant.

Did a quick walkthrough to check out Hangtime without the walls. Looks great. You are really close to the track near the entrance.

[attachment=0]IMG_4122.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_4123.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]IMG_4125.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=3]IMG_4126.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=4]IMG_4127.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=5]IMG_4128.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=6]IMG_4129.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=7]IMG_4130.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=8]IMG_4131.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=9]IMG_4132.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=10]IMG_4133.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=11]IMG_4135.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=12]IMG_4136.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=13]IMG_4137.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=14]IMG_4138.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=15]IMG_4139.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=16]IMG_4141.JPG[/attachment]

I kinda wish that they had extended the entrance out a little more. It seems like the track goes above the entry path, but not the entry sign. It looks weird.

Looks awesome! Thanks for the pix.

I'm taking a gamble and flying down Sunday May 13 - Tuesday 15th hoping to get a couple of preview rides. Judging by the progress things are looking promising. At the very least will be able to check out the gold/platinum passholder preview at Soak City on the 13th

I signed up on Knotts.com to get updates, should that be enough to get notified?

Looks awesome! Thanks for the pix.

I'm taking a gamble and flying down Sunday May 13 - Tuesday 15th hoping to get a couple of preview rides. Judging by the progress things are looking promising. At the very least will be able to check out the gold/platinum passholder preview at Soak City on the 13th

I signed up on Knotts.com to get updates, should that be enough to get notified?

I would check back on the site. Being platnum myself I signed up in early April and I have received like one e-mail from them.

Just heard Steel Vengeance crashed, train collision..minor, no serious injuries but I'm thinking it'll be closed for a while.

thanks for the info. i missed the 6 pages talking about it on the Cedar Point thread, where, it actually happened. would love steel vengeance at knott's tho.

Just heard Steel Vengeance crashed, train collision..minor, no serious injuries but I'm thinking it'll be closed for a while.

thanks for the info. i missed the 6 pages talking about it on the Cedar Point thread, where, it actually happened. would love steel vengeance at knott's tho.

oo.. start the rumor! RMC Ghostrider!

No need to RMC Ghostrider. It is fine just how it is.

hey, just trying to find relevance to explain the Steel Vengeance update in the KBF thread . . .

Getting the topic back to KBF...I would absolutely LOVE an RMC conversion for GhostRider. The layout is already great, so they wouldn't have to do much.

hey, just trying to find relevance to explain the Steel Vengeance update in the KBF thread . . .

Umm, cedar fair...idk, I don't follow cedar points thread as iits 2000 miles away . Sorry for posting...Giant Dipper in Santa Cruz is running smooth today tho...but I guess that's irrelevant too...carry on keyboard warrior

Getting the topic back to KBF...I would absolutely LOVE an RMC conversion for GhostRider. The layout is already great, so they wouldn't have to do much.

Ghostrider is running great, still. No complaints. I hope it doesn't change. But i welcome topper track and maybe just some minor tweaks. I wonder what the friction differences would be and how the pacing would change even with the same layout.

While I have no doubt Ghostrider would make an EXCELLENT RMC conversion....I'm kinda partial in this case to keeping it wooden. It really fits the Ghost Town theme, it's already a beast and to most people it is the signature ride of Knott's. ( sorry Xcelerator fans). I think if they ever expand the park an RMC hybrid would be a great addition, tho. Just don't mess with my Ghostrider.

nothing to see here. . never mind.

KBF woot woot!

(and I was completely kidding about GR folks. . . LOL they just put all that work in to retracking it, and from all reports it's been running great)

nothing to see here. . never mind.

KBF woot woot!

(and I was completely kidding about GR folks. . . LOL they just put all that work in to retracking it, and from all reports it's been running great)

I can confirm it is running awesome. Now if the line could be a little, err a lot shorter we would have a real winner on our hands.

I said after riding Balder for the first time in 2006 that GhostRider would be perfect for that laminated wood. Since then Topper track has been invented. It's going to tear itself apart again. I'm all for RMC making it stay good without the need for extensive track work every year!