TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Honestly if they were just waiting for a catch car and they now have it and are in the process of installing it then I would expect the ride to open any day now if Dragster is any indication.

Disclaimer: I'm not a mechanic and I'm basing this off of seeing one photo on the internet and I fully acknowledge all of this.

Xcel vs Hangtime.... what's the over/under on which coaster will open first?

Railblazer.

Which will probably end up being better than the latter based on the Wonder Woman test footage. Hangtime looks fun, but I have a feeling those raptors are gonna be insane.

After watching two trains run on Hangtime, I just came up with a rough maximum capacity of 640 people per hour. Station dispatch, lift to drop is approx 40 seconds. The rest of the ride is approx 30 seconds. Then it appears to take approx 20 seconds of brake run travel before next train can dispatch. If they can keep up with a 90-second dispatch cycle, we have: 60 min x 60 sec. = 3600 seconds per hour / 90 seconds per dispatch = 40 dispatches per hour @ 16 people per train = 640 people per hour. If the dispatch time falls to 2 minutes, the capacity falls to 30 dispatches per hour @ 16 people = 480 people per hour.

640 is not amazing, but it's better than Boomerang used to be and it's better than both Xcel and Ghostrider. Hangtime's maximum capacity will still be significantly less than Silver Bullet's average capacity though.

Bullet can send 30 trains per hour if the crew is being super efficient and there are no problem guests, but 25 is more standard. 25 trains x 32 riders = 800 per hour. 30 trains x 32 riders = 960 per hour.

Capacity is one of my personal things... I'm always hyper aware of it.

Knott's is starting to get some spring break crowds. The line for Ghostrider extended to the Pan for Gold attraction. There were five maintenance people threading the new launch cable for Xcelerator. Nobody would give me a re-opening date but they said it was very soon. Hangtime is getting queue paths.

IMG_20180314_114545.thumb.jpg.6849c7bd33bf07fa08674b77ec945687.jpg

Hangtime

IMG_20180314_115156_1.thumb.jpg.97fb70a1899242a124821911d38906da.jpg

Hangtime

IMG_20180314_115611.thumb.jpg.e32981ca8934f164ea2a923a3c2e540c.jpg

New paint on Xcelerator on ride photo booth

IMG_20180314_120113.thumb.jpg.9997b9890e858907c5c8f4f4c3dbc1ff.jpg

Installing cable

IMG_20180314_131618.thumb.jpg.6961d3c501bcb7249e763ea1afa37902.jpg

Sky Cabin and BBQ

IMG_20180314_133717.thumb.jpg.5a56825bc78f94a0fff5d9a9e61f9e69.jpg

They use a rope to fish the cable through the track.

Knott's is starting to get some spring break crowds. The line for Ghostrider extended to the Pan for Gold attraction. There were five maintenance people threading the new launch cable for Xcelerator. Nobody would give me a re-opening date but they said it was very soon. Hangtime is getting queue paths.

sweet. thanks for the report. i was going to go poke around there today, but now i don't have to.

Wow things have changed from 3 weeks ago! Really intent on getting back later in the season for a resounding 3 missed credits + some flats.

..although it'll be hard not to bail for Pixar Pier

Jk, I'd love to see Knott's at night.

Wow things have changed from 3 weeks ago! Really intent on getting back later in the season for a resounding 3 missed credits + some flats.

..although it'll be hard not to bail for Pixar Pier

Jk, I'd love to see Knott's at night.

It's such a beautiful night time park.

An employee from Knott's posted on Reddit that some of his coworkers are being scheduled to work Xcelerator starting Saturday with the intent to open the ride by then. Hopefully that holds true!

I sure hope so! I'll be at the park next Wednesday, and that would be a major bummer if Xcelerator was still closed.

Question for Knott's-going peeps:

I have a Platinum Pass that I bought through Knott's. If I add on the all-season sports bottle, is it valid at all Cedar Fair parks, or just Knott's? I'm planning on visiting C.P. and K.I. this summer, so it'd be great if I could use it there.

I have a Platinum Pass that I bought through Knott's. If I add on the all-season sports bottle, is it valid at all Cedar Fair parks, or just Knott's? I'm planning on visiting C.P. and K.I. this summer, so it'd be great if I could use it there.

Yes, the all-season drink bottle is valid at all parks, as is the all-season paper cup plan as well.

Just heard from someone who works at the park that they have indeed scheduled ride ops at Xcelerator tomorrow.

Wow! That’s great to hear. I’m going to keep my eye on the webcams today for testing. With it being closed for almost 8 months, I imagine it has to make many test runs before opening back up.

Yes, the all-season drink bottle is valid at all parks, as is the all-season paper cup plan as well.

Cool, thank you!

Knott’s website still shows Xcelerator being closed. Is that the case, or did they’re just not update their website yet?

Edit: I just checked the webcams and don’t see any trains cycling over Xcelerator. That’s too bad... I hope they get it up and running next week.