TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Do you know/remember where it was located, in the park? Am still curious about this ride.

It operated from 1976 until 1999 in the Roaring 20's/Boardwalk section of the park, it was removed for Perilous Plunge.

Edited by Rusty Nail

Come to West Coast Bash in early Sept. and enjoy as many re-rides on GR as you can stand, lol!

just a small warning, i didn't look last year, but normally, the week of WCB is often when Ghostrider is down for maintenance. the last WCB was the refurb year, and it closed the day after i believe. but i'm pretty positive in 2014 and 2015 Ghostrider was closed during WCB. hopefully, it will be open this year.

^ Yes, in 2016, GR stayed open for WCB, then closed down the next day, which was the Monday I went back to Knott's...and found this out.

So I agree with you, but this past year, there was no WCB, so Knott's did the maintenance thing with GR, whenever they wanted, in Sept.

IMG_2086.JPG.0728a08cc8d414fc00f4d00c109bdb5e.JPG

Monday, Sept.12, 2016 ~ Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I also didn't get the cap I wanted, as the chuck wagon

souvenirs shop at the exit of GR, was also closed for the maintenance schedule.

^ Do you know/remember where it was located, in the park? Am still curious about this ride.

It operated from 1976 until 1999 in the Roaring 20's/Boardwalk section of the park, it was removed for Perilous Plunge.

That vid has come great footage. Parachute Jump, Whirlwind, Whirlpool (indoor Scrambler--and still miss that Art of Noise soundtrack), Windjammer, and glimpses of XK-1, Hammerhead, Wacky Soapbox Racers, Corkscrew, and more! Brought back a lot of memories.

Wow! I am shocked. They hid those trains really, really well. They were nowhere to be seen on site! This is awesome.

I can't believe they're still advertising this as opening this summer when it is only the third week of February and it's testing...

Edited by robbalvey

It actually looks like it takes the course a lot faster than Monster to me. And I think that's a good thing.

For sure! I am actually surprised to see a train run so fast on it's first lap.

Although the train doesn't seem to make a complete stop on the holding brakes, so that may affect it?

Although the train doesn't seem to make a complete stop on the holding brakes, so that may affect it?

I have a feeling this is the reason.

Also, isn't it fairly common for the first test run to be a little fast because they don't want to risk valleying, so they put hard wheels on it? Or something like that? I remember Valravn's first test run being abnormally fast, then they started to control the speed. Mako too.

Valravn didn't use the holding brake for the first few runs either. Obviously it's a different coaster type, but it's dropping at full speed from a much greater height with that thing off so the fact that it's running fast shouldn't be a huge surprise.

... plus it's in California. It's not like most parks where the first test run occurs on a 38 degree winter day. I'm sure that helps too.