TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Considering that the only known such incident ever in the history of wild mouse coasters was a dumb kid, the obvious solution should have been to just require the kids to sit on the inside seat. Wild mouse cars only have one "door" and no adult is ever going to be able to get their leg out as long as that lapbar is down.

I went to the park on Friday to have more Boardwalk BBQ, boysenberry cider, and a few rides. I tried to stay late enough to get first night ride on Ghostrider, but it broke down around 5:30 pm, so I went home. There is a cool fire pit between Mrs. Knott's Chicken Restaurant and Ghostrider that I didn't know about because I never stay that late.

Friday was a nice day to visit. They had both trains running on Ghostrider and most other coasters. My longest wait was 20 minutes for Ghostrider. Every other coaster or ride was a one-train or cycle wait at maximum. Silver Bullet, Supreme Scream and Coast Rider were dispatching with empty seats/rows through out the day.

IMG_20180202_125459.thumb.jpg.5b8d314f0274d9f6cdba717ab997e751.jpg

Working on Hangtime station roof

IMG_20180202_153151.thumb.jpg.4bc6d65599e377f5e83b130749873fc1.jpg

Closer view of Hangtime station

IMG_20180202_153155.thumb.jpg.3c4b62e005c1d232f7a0b470f74fb6fc.jpg

Closer view of Hangtime station

IMG_20180202_175618.thumb.jpg.3ade298b061771234a515ba0b7c18f4f.jpg

Fire pit outside park near Ghostrider

IMG_20180202_175648.thumb.jpg.ae64d9f6ecec6323d3e7951118a89021.jpg

Fire pit outside park near Ghostrider

Friday was a nice day to visit. They had both trains running on Ghostrider and most other coasters. My longest wait was 20 minutes for Ghostrider. Every other coaster or ride was a one-train or cycle wait at maximum. Silver Bullet, Supreme Scream and Coast Rider were dispatching with empty seats/rows through out the day.

I went the day after you, and there was about one hundred billion people in the park. Ghostrider was a 1-2 hour wait. Thankfully the shortest line was Silver Bullet at about 20-30min.

It's been a long time since I've been to KBF. What a beautiful park! It's so dense.

I went the day after you, and there was about one hundred billion people in the park. Ghostrider was a 1-2 hour wait. Thankfully the shortest line was Silver Bullet at about 20-30min.

It's been a long time since I've been to KBF. What a beautiful park! It's so dense.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Unfortunately, Knott's is always busy on the weekends or any other time So Cal schools are out.

Friday was a nice day to visit. They had both trains running on Ghostrider and most other coasters.

shoot, i thought ghostrider was still going to be closed on friday. i was thinking about stopping by but thought it was only going reopen starting saturday.

The OC Register has a little info about the Church, near Soak City and Independence Hall:

Historic 141-year-old church to leave Knott’s Berry Farm

church-of-reflections.jpg.ad94a40720eaf4eb7c100d7d7378b8d6.jpg

By ALICIA ROBINSON | arobinson@scng.com | The Orange County Register

February 2, 2018 at 1:58 pm

The Church of Reflections will be moved for the fourth time in its 141-year history, relocating about a mile away to the grounds of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.

The nonprofit foundation that preserves the church will hold an open house to talk about plans for the move at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at Good Shepherd, 7082 Crescent Ave., Buena Park.

Its interesting that is moving, AGAIN! I also didn't know that this will be it's 4th move. That little Church really gets around

I can only guess this is for the new mega coaster for Knotts.

It's used for weddings. It used to be in the park where Silver Bullet's station now sits. At one point they actually had Sunday services, but I think that stopped back when they fenced in the park and started charging admission. They finally moved it to the pavilion because that made more sense. Have the wedding and reception right there instead having to walk across the street.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

I’ve heard many people say different things so I’m curious what the general consensus is regarding Hangtime’s five inversions. Is the fifth inversion considered the turn around over the station or the dive element just after the first drop?

Nobody really knows. To me, the turn over the station looks much more inverted than the first dive, but neither look like inversions. If it were up to me, it would only have 4.

It reminds me of the Silver Bullet debate about whether the overbanked curve is an inversion or not. In the end, it really doesn’t matter though. Looks like a great ride and it fits so well into the area.

No, the services actually lasted until a few years ago (after it was moved near Soak City and Silver Bullet constructed.) I used to attend there. When it was inside the park, you just told them you were there for the services and they let you in. I went to a 9/11 memorial there I'm 2001, when it was still in the park, for example.

The picnic/catering facilities were announced to be re-done. While KBF wasn't cited by name, a prior conference call stated that more parks would have their redone. We know WOF, CP, VF, CGA and a few others have already redone theirs, so through process of elimination we can assume KBF. Also, KBF's date from a long time ago. That overhead structure was once inside the park on the Boardwalk when it was Knott Headz.

The 3rd inversion is what some are calling a "Horseshoe" over the station (4&5 are the Cobra Roll). It's basically like a cutback inversion like what was Drachen Fire's next-to-last inversion.

(image from California Coaster Kings)

Drachen Fire's Cutback:

I’ve heard many people say different things so I’m curious what the general consensus is regarding Hangtime’s five inversions. Is the fifth inversion considered the turn around over the station or the dive element just after the first drop?

According to the dude who was giving tours and explanations during and after the announcement the turn around turn over the station is the inversion (this is coming from the release videos). If I remember correctly one of those in attendance actually brought up the same question. They asked to what degree it banks because it looked like a simple over banked turn and I remember that he stated a number greater than 135 degrees.

Also, KBF's date from a long time ago. That overhead structure was once inside the park on the Boardwalk when it was Knott Headz.

What over head structure are you referring to?

According to the dude who was giving tours and explanations during and after the announcement the turn around turn over the station is the inversion (this is coming from the release videos). If I remember correctly one of those in attendance actually brought up the same question. They asked to what degree it banks because it looked like a simple over banked turn and I remember that he stated a number greater than 135 degrees.

Come to think of it, that makes sense. The small eurofighter clones (Untamed, Hydrus, etc.) have similar turns, and they are counted as inversions on those rides.

I don't really pay attention to this stuff because parks make crap up all the time when it comes to what is and isn't an inversion.

I mean... this thing is an inversion apparently.

ac8d0fc10b086369fe97a97f35032eaf--the-revenge-summer-things.jpg

I mean... if that crap is an inversion then Nitro goes upside-down now. To me, this thing looks like the riders will be pretty well upside-down, so if I had to define it either way I'd call it an inversion. In the end though, who cares? Thanks to Hydra and the invention of "Inclined Loops", anything can be an inversion if you want it to be. All I care about is if the coaster provides a fun ride and if they can get the coaster next-door to it open again before we die.