TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

so following this line of "bigger the drop the better the coaster" thinking... maverick's drop is terrible, and goliath at SFMM's drop is fantastic. hmmm

Well there is the saying "The bigger you are, the harder you fall" that was partially inspired by a dude named Goliath...

I didn't say the ride wasn't going to be fun overall. I said the drop was underwhelming. What the park announced was "150 ft dive coaster", and what we're getting is a drop that may actually be shorter than Boomerang was. I feel like I'm allowed to be underwhelmed with that.

And for the record... I think an Infinity coaster was absolutely the right choice for the project, I just think this was a dumb design choice.

Comparing a beyond vertical drop to Boomerang's?!

tenor.gif

Boomerangs have great first drops. I don’t care how much you hate them...give credit where it’s due.

You sure this was intended for me? Because I'm definitely not hating on Boomerang drops. But for people to hate on Hang Time's drop because they're comparing it to the height of Boomerang's is just ridiculous. That's comparing Apples to Oranges, Churros to Funnel Cake, Grizzly to El Toro, a beyond vertical 96 degree drop to a 65 degree drop... it's just plain nuts and complaining for the sake of having something to complain about.

Edited by laqueefa

Complaining about the ride before you ride it is pretty dumb but the design does kind of make you wonder why they didn’t wrap the ride around the sky tower?? They could have made the drop bigger and steeper while at the same time adding more length to the ride. I’m sure money was a big factor behind the reason they didn’t but it sure would have been cool to see hangtime wrap around the sky tower.

I didn't say the ride wasn't going to be fun overall. I said the drop was underwhelming. What the park announced was "150 ft dive coaster", and what we're getting is a drop that may actually be shorter than Boomerang was. I feel like I'm allowed to be underwhelmed with that.

And for the record... I think an Infinity coaster was absolutely the right choice for the project, I just think this was a dumb design choice.

You assumed the drop would be 150ft, when in fact all the press release stated was that the total height was 150ft.

the design does kind of make you wonder why they didn’t wrap the ride around the sky tower??

Nope. It only makes me wonder when is the next time I can get to Knott's.

Same. That POV was incredibly disorienting. Hangtime is pretty unique! There are a ton of elements packed into a small footprint.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I think maybe these people worked themselves up with delusions of a giga coaster, and nothing else will do for them?

The Knotts thread over the last year (in pictures):

Knotts is rearranging the entire park and getting a B&M giga!

Aqua.TD6confused.gif[/attachment]

*Months later*

Knotts new coaster only drops 100 feet.

[attachment=1]jack.gif[/attachment]

O-M-G

You assumed the drop would be 150ft, when in fact all the press release stated was that the total height was 150ft.

There was one press release (which is still out there) which states the ride will have a 15 story drop 96 degree drop LINK HERE. I think therein lie the confusion. But if you think about it, 1) All drop heights include the leveling out curve at the bottoms, and 2) The inclined holding section at the top is technically part of the drop, you just pause for a moment on it. As others have so eloquently already stated, this ride will still kick ass, so let's just enjoy it.