TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Super excited about Hangtime. While no gigga or hyper I think this will be a long needed addition to the park and adds a a new fun experience to the boardwalk that seemed more family oriented since the refresh and with the old head banger boomerang there. Can’t wait to see it open plan to be there opening day if I can.

After re-watching the video a couple more times, I couldn't help but notice all the awesome head choppers that seem to have gone unnoticed. The bottom of the first drop (that goes under the cobra roll) looks especially awesome, and with so many supports in one area, there are multiple moments where they come really close to the track (also the center of the cobra roll). Good stuff!

That's definitely a selling point and a good observation!

These photos are almost making me miss KBF, and it's not one of the parks I'm hugely sentimental about...

A quote from Screamscape.com about 2018 event dates, released from Knott's...

...Following that will be the return of Knott's very popular Boysenberry Festival which will now run from Mar. 16 through Apr. 8th with an expanded collection of specialty food and beverage items created just for the event.

It looks like they changed the time, from this past running time of the Festival.

Good to know for those who were planning a visit during that time.

A quote from Screamscape.com about 2018 event dates, released from Knott's...

...Following that will be the return of Knott's very popular Boysenberry Festival which will now run from Mar. 16 through Apr. 8th with an expanded collection of specialty food and beverage items created just for the event.

It looks like they changed the time, from this past running time of the Festival.

Good to know for those who were planning a visit during that time.

I think these dates are much better. They align a lot more with people’s Spring Breaks. Although with the dates moved back almost a month, I doubt that HangTime will open during the Festival. It was a long shot, anyway.

^ Wherever that photo was taken, that is where they should move the webcam. Seriously. I'll do it for you give. Me $50 bucks and a little cable. It could be done tomorrow. They advertise "watch the HangTime construction" then plant new taller tress which block the view. What was wrong the old trees anyway?

Edited by WestCoasterKing

I know it's just the angle, and things always look bigger from the right angle. But that sure does look taller then 150'! lol

Looking forward to getting back to SoCal and taking a spin on this ride.

Well, I was wondering about that because they are advertising it as "hanging for two seconds before plunging into a 150 foot a beyond vertical drop". But looking at the various renderings, the top section with the angled 'drop brake' looks to take up about a third of the tower's height. Then you have the part at the bottom where the track curves and levels out. That appears to be another fifty feet. Now I know they always include the bottom part in the drop height, but would they really include the brake in the drop height as well? In order for the drop, including the bottom curve, to be 150 feet then the entire structure would have to be closer to 200 feet. I really hope the tower isn't 150 because that means the actual vertical part drop will only be around 50 feet. Meh.

Well, I was wondering about that because they are advertising it as "hanging for two seconds before plunging into a 150 foot a beyond vertical drop". But looking at the various renderings, the top section with the angled 'drop brake' looks to take up about a third of the tower's height. Then you have the part at the bottom where the track curves and levels out. That appears to be another fifty feet. Now I know they always include the bottom part in the drop height, but would they really include the brake in the drop height as well? In order for the drop, including the bottom curve, to be 150 feet then the entire structure would have to be closer to 200 feet. I really hope the tower isn't 150 because that means the actual vertical part drop will only be around 50 feet. Meh.

mm-complainers.jpg.33b09b7e8382033f91fa3da228427e95.jpg

Care to point out a single instance in the parks announcement or advertisement where they actually stated it would be a 150 foot drop? I see 150 foot height, but nothing about a 150 foot drop. We all know those can be two very different numbers.

There is no false advertisement here, only false hopes.

Care to point out a single instance in the parks announcement or advertisement where they actually stated it would be a 150 foot drop? I see 150 foot height, but nothing about a 150 foot drop. We all know those can be two very different numbers.

LINK15 story 96 degree drop". 15 stories is 150 feet.

Technically, it does "drop" from a peak height of 150 feet. Whether that drop is interrupted by a holding brake is irrelevant. Picking nits about that would be like saying "well, it says "15 story 96 degree drop, so I expect to drop at 96 degrees for 150 feet" completely ignoring the pullout and drop-in curvature of the track.

I know it's just the angle, and things always look bigger from the right angle. But that sure does look taller then 150'! lol

Looking forward to getting back to SoCal and taking a spin on this ride.

1439675818484.gif.9e97cf6442b75a2c420d6a8ad5935774.gif

I really don't even know what to say to this...

Technically, it does "drop" from a peak height of 150 feet. Whether that drop is interrupted by a holding brake is irrelevant. Picking nits about that would be like saying "well, it says "15 story 96 degree drop, so I expect to drop at 96 degrees for 150 feet" completely ignoring the pullout and drop-in curvature of the track.

For once all the coaster "nerds" are the sane ones and I'm the crazy one. I admit it's nitpicky but I also don't like exaggerated marketing claims. I'm not complaining that the drop isn't 150 feet. It'll still be fun. I'm just pointing out that they are claiming something other than what's reality.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

For once all the coaster "nerds" are the sane ones and I'm the crazy one. I admit it's nitpicky but I also don't like exaggerated marketing claims. I'm not complaining that the drop isn't 150 feet. It'll still be fun. I'm just pointing out that they are claiming something other than what's reality.

First of all, this isn't an exaggerated marketing claim. They stated the same type of facts in the same way as just about every other roller coaster announcement we see in this country. And second, this sure sounds like complaining to me...

I really hope the tower isn't 150 because that means the actual vertical part drop will only be around 50 feet. Meh.

But whatever. I think HangTime looks pretty fun and is a good fit for the park. Hopefully I'll stop by sometime next year to check it out.