TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

They've added a significant amount of pieces since that photo. Looks like it'll be topped off soon.

significant = 1? cause that's all that's there right now. lol

I count 4 new beams and another piece to tower two added in under 30 minutes. So yeah, it's a significant addition in the amount of time.

Edited by k_peek_2000

They've added a significant amount of pieces since that photo. Looks like it'll be topped off soon.

significant = 1? cause that's all that's there right now. lol

I could 4 new beams and another piece to tower two. So yeah.

it's two pieces if you want to be technical, but lifted in one. or should we count all the bolts as well. lol the rest was already there. look at my pics on the last page.

To be honest, I'll be surprised if I find this ride to my taste as back-to-back inversions don't do much for me, and I find beyond-vertical drops a bit underwhelming. With that said, I think the ride looks fantastic — the perfect fit for the space, and it's bound to be a crowd pleaser. With the lighting package installed, it's really going to transform the area.

To be honest, I'll be surprised if I find this ride to my taste as back-to-back inversions don't do much for me, and I find beyond-vertical drops a bit underwhelming. With that said, I think the ride looks fantastic — the perfect fit for the space, and it's bound to be a crowd pleaser. With the lighting package installed, it's really going to transform the area.

I somewhat agree with you. It looks good but not GREAT. Still a perfect (and long overdue) addition to the park though.

I just look at it this way: it’s WAY better than Boomerang! So it has already improved the park by default.

Animation looks great! I def see this being a hit with the public with its eye-catching tangle of track, unique set of elements, and lap bar only restraints. The lighting package at night should look stunning too and overall it will certainly round out what has felt like their multi-year long overhaul of the boardwalk.

I'll agree that it most likely won't top any enthusiast charts, but as a whole it looks to be a pretty well rounded, unique, and fun coaster with its 96º drop, cool roll-over pretzel element right after, and that nice pop of air before the cobra roll.

It's not the mega mondo hyper/giga/RMC/Intamin airtime monster that most enthusiasts with their "roller coaster tycoon" mentality really want, but like some have said already... it's lightyears better than keeping a 27 going on 28 year old Boomerang!

Animation looks great! I def see this being a hit with the public with its eye-catching tangle of track, unique set of elements, and lap bar only restraints. The lighting package at night should look stunning too and overall it will certainly round out what has felt like their multi-year long overhaul of the boardwalk.

I'll agree that it most likely won't top any enthusiast charts, but as a whole it looks to be a pretty well rounded, unique, and fun coaster with its 96º drop, cool roll-over pretzel element right after, and that nice pop of air before the cobra roll.

It's not the mega mondo hyper/giga/RMC/Intamin airtime monster that most enthusiasts with their "roller coaster tycoon" mentality really want, but like some have said already... it's lightyears better than keeping a 27 going on 28 year old Boomerang!

I agree - I think overall this will be a good addition for KBF, if not solely because it replaced an aging Boomerang.

After re-watching the video a couple more times, I couldn't help but notice all the awesome head choppers that seem to have gone unnoticed. The bottom of the first drop (that goes under the cobra roll) looks especially awesome, and with so many supports in one area, there are multiple moments where they come really close to the track (also the center of the cobra roll). Good stuff!