TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Haha. You may be colorblind if this doesn't look Light blue and silver to you. To be fair, it's a little hard to illustrate the reflectiveness of silver.

I see no lavender/purple... Like at all, lol.

Actually I am colour blind within certain colour palettes. I get mixed up when it comes to various shades of blue, green and grey, and sometimes red and brown. To me green traffic lights lights look blue for example, but since I can tell the difference between red, yellow and blue/green I can have a driver license. Also I think that my favorite navy blue shirt looks purple, and I once bought a suit at a second hand store that I thought was dark grey but was actually green. Fortunately it only cots me $5.

That would actually be something good to lead with when asking about colors

Haha. You may be colorblind if this doesn't look Light blue and silver to you.

I see no lavender/purple... Like at all, lol.

Actually I am colour blind within certain colour palettes.

That would actually be something good to lead with when asking about colors

Sorry for the bad image quality, but on the left side of the image it appears that the track is for Hangtime. It looks like a very light blue color.

_51df89afb45468d4b9579f0c24ecc462-png.jpg

I don't have a source for the image, due to it being a screenshot of another picture that I haven't seen previously.

End of the line for Montazooma's Revenge and/or Xcelerator? I'm really starting to wonder. Monty has been up and down all summer and now it's down again. As for Xcelerator, it has been down TBA for several months now. Word was that they were waiting for a part to be made overseas and that they hoped to have it reopened by next spring. Now there's a rumors that the park has confirmed it will indeed be down for a loooooong time. I guess we will see.

I don’t think Xcelerator has ever been down this long (besides the infamous cable snap in 2009). Hopefully they get it up and running soon.

Initially I was optimistic and thought the ride would be up soon and just had some maintenance issues, but it’s not looking any better 3 months later. That really sucks for Cedar Fair, especially with TTD simultaneously being down as well.

I don’t think Xcelerator has ever been down this long (besides the infamous cable snap in 2009). Hopefully they get it up and running soon.

Initially I was optimistic and thought the ride would be up soon and just had some maintenance issues, but it’s not looking any better 3 months later. That really sucks for Cedar Fair, especially with TTD simultaneously being down as well.

Any word on whether of not other Intamin acceleratirs have been having issues (outside of CF)?

End of the line for Montazooma's Revenge and/or Xcelerator? I'm really starting to wonder. Monty has been up and down all summer and now it's down again. As for Xcelerator, it has been down TBA for several months now. Word was that they were waiting for a part to be made overseas and that they hoped to have it reopened by next spring. Now there's a rumors that the park has confirmed it will indeed be down for a loooooong time. I guess we will see.

So IF MR is reaching the end of the line . . . . what replaces it?

And as for Xcelerator . . . . it's situation is sort of like with I305 a couple of years ago (down for several months because of a part being made overseas)

So IF MR is reaching the end of the line . . . . what replaces it?

Good question. Do they take the easy road and go with something small and narrow like a Sky Rocket II or S&S FreeSpin? Or do they think big and use that space just for the station for a much bigger ride? Maybe that ride could bridge over LaPalma and into the north parking lot. Or here's a crazy thought. Maybe Jaguar has run it's course as well and they remove both rides and run the new ride over FV. Time will tell. For now I'm sure they're focused fully on HangTime.

And as for Xcelerator . . . . it's situation is sort of like with I305 a couple of years ago (down for several months because of a part being made overseas)

Where are these "overseas" parts coming from? Yes I know Switzerland is "overseas" but I assume that's not what people mean. I heard that these parts are having to be made special by third party "aftermarket" manufacturers. Is this true? If so is this because of the rumored tiff between Intamin and CF? Is it really so bad that CF can't get parts straight from Intamin?

End of the line for Montazooma's Revenge and/or Xcelerator?

I'm going with "no" and "no".

Didn't Montazooma just get a brand new paint job less than a year ago? If it is down the closure isn't even listed on the website so it's unlikely to be a long closure. As for Xcelerator, if prolonged breakdowns caused parks to get rid of their rocket coasters they would all be gone by now.

Any word on whether of not other Intamin acceleratirs have been having issues (outside of CF)?

Kingda Ka and Storm Runner have been running fine all season. Well, as fine as Intamin rocket coasters run. But no significant downtime on either coaster this season.

Sorry to post again on this but it's just so ridiculous

I don't know where people get the idea that the park has it in the budget to replace these coasters (even if they wanted to which they probably don't because that's stupid) since they're already building a big expensive coaster as we speak.

The Montezooma rumors are ridiculous. As I said they literally just painted it and additionally the ride isn't in the way of anything, there's a coaster and a train ride running through the tiny plot of land also and I feel like this all started with a Screamscape rumor that turned out to be hilariously wrong the day the park announced Hangtime.

As for Xcelerator, I highly doubt the park has it in the budget to replace the ride with anything that wouldn't be a massive downgrade. As rocket coasters go, Xcelerator is a pretty reliable one. It's one of their best rides, they're not going to remove it and then dump tens of millions of dollars into a replacement because of one breakdown.