TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

This is the best order to do things in terms of how popular/busy the mazes are.

Trick or Treat

Infected

Paranormal

Voodoo

Tooth Fairy

Red Barn

Dark Ride

Shadowlands

Pumpkin Eater.

If you want to do any of the backstage mazes again then just wait until after 12, it tends to die down by then.

No one is talking about Hangtime's construction very weird.

Probably because to the untrained eye it looks like a bunch of dirt. Personally I never give a sh*t about coaster construction until it starts to look like something that resembles a coaster.

Probably because to the untrained eye it looks like a bunch of dirt. Personally I never give a sh*t about coaster construction until it starts to look like something that resembles a coaster.

Yeah I keep seeing these screenshots and I know some people are watching it and seeing progress, but all I've been able to see the whole time is a roller coaster turning into piles of dirt and then those piles of dirt sometimes moving from one place to another. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it but I just don't really care to follow until I start seeing things that are more interesting than dirt.

Ditto! I mean, people keep posting pictures of the site in this thread, and I'm like "It's the same dang picture over and over!!!"

Heck, even I'm not posting anything. That should tell you something.

Very, very true! Well played!

I went to Knott's on Friday but nothing really new to post photo wise. SOL Spin's ride program is actually pretty fun now and I got a couple of flips on every arm. I did all six arms on Friday and this ride has really improved by at least 50% since it opened. Monte is back with the same old train. I also asked a few ride operators about Xcelerator and all of them told me the that they heard is that it would not re-open until next year. No one would tell me specifically what was wrong with Xcelerator or what was being replaced.

I went to Knott's on Friday but nothing really new to post photo wise. SOL Spin's ride program is actually pretty fun now and I got a couple of flips on every arm. I did all six arms on Friday and this ride has really improved by at least 50% since it opened. Monte is back with the same old train. I also asked a few ride operators about Xcelerator and all of them told me the that they heard is that it would not re-open until next year. No one would tell me specifically what was wrong with Xcelerator or what was being replaced.

Thanks for the quick update. That's good news about Sol Spin. I can't wait to try it out when I visit in a couple weeks.

As for Xcelerator, that's a bummer. Ideally I would love to see Knott's repaint the track since it's just sitting there with no work being done on it (assuming they're waiting for parts). With new hotness right next door next summer, I'd like to see Xcelerator look nice and fresh. But the park seems to like its current faded look.

As for Xcelerator... I would love to see Knott's repaint the track since it's just sitting there with no work being done on it (assuming they're waiting for parts). With new hotness right next door next summer, I'd like to see Xcelerator look nice and fresh. But the park seems to like its current faded look.

Personally, I've never really cared for the colours at all, and Xcelerator is one of my favorite coasters. The sea foam green and coral may fit in with a beach theme, but Xcelerator is not a beach themed ride. It is a hot rod car themed ride. And in it's current faded state it actually looks like it might blend right in with HangTime. I would hope that it can get an overhaul so it stands out out a bit more.

I absolutely LOVE Xcelerator's original colors (salmon red with light blue supports). If you look at old construction photos, you can see. Too bad those colors just fade so quickly in the sun, at least with the paint used back then.

Speaking of paint, why the hell is X2 still so freakin' shiny after 9 years? Why doesn't every coaster get repainted with that type of paint?

Why doesn't every coaster get repainted with that type of paint?

I remember hearing before that X2's paint was really expensive. Riddler's original paint lasted for years as well

That would make sense. Given its location, it would make sense that Six Flags wants their most popular and iconic attraction to look good for years to come.

And the color scheme Nrthwnd described would kick so much a$$. I've always loved red and silver/grey together on roller coasters. Despite it becoming quite faded and peely, Firehawk at Kings Island is one of my favorite color schemes ever, if not my favorite.

And, even though I'm not a huge fan of the repainted color, Xcelerator's supports are still holding up really well after the repaint, and it has been what, like 7 years now?

for my Big Lottery Win Bucket List...

Hiring a staff (and being part of it myself) to tour the USA and continually work on re-painting those coasters

as soon as decay/peeling/anything else starts to happen.

And if any new colours are being considered, we will help advise them as to where it's located,

fitting in with the grand theme around them, etc. And if the colours actually work, for the coaster.

Just a wish.

P.S. And since this is from a Large Amount of $$$ I'd win, we'd also develop a coaster paint, impervious - to - anything thrown at it, LOL!

P.P.S. And since I'm running with it - have a full sidewalk/street/parking lot paint design team, able to take on something like ..... what's under

Scream up at SFMM. Create a 3D Coaster "Mural" under it all. Different POV perspectives for some really awesome fantasy settings. And effects.

(I'm done.)

I also asked a few ride operators about Xcelerator and all of them told me the that they heard is that it would not re-open until next year. No one would tell me specifically what was wrong with Xcelerator or what was being replaced.

Damn when I used to be at the park constantly back in 2009-2010 all the ride ops and maintaince guys knew me around Xcelerator and they would always tell me what was going on cus I knew what he normal breakdowns were and I’d just ask if had overheated or timed out over the top hat. Doubt same staff there now and prob wouldn’t recognize me.

Can anybody tell us what HangTime's colour scheme will be? In the illustrations released by Knott's the supports look to be white or light grey and the track looks to be lavender or purple. Yet I read one news story that states it will have silver supports and a light blue track. In none of the official renderings I have seen do the supports look remotely silver.

Can anybody tell us what HangTime's colour scheme will be? In the illustrations released by Knott's the supports look to be white or light grey and the track looks to be lavender or purple. Yet I read one news story that states it will have silver supports and a light blue track. In none of the official renderings I have seen do the supports look remotely silver.

Haha. You may be colorblind if this doesn't look Light blue and silver to you. To be fair, it's a little hard to illustrate the reflectiveness of silver.

I see no lavender/purple... Like at all, lol.

Haha. You may be colorblind if this doesn't look Light blue and silver to you. To be fair, it's a little hard to illustrate the reflectiveness of silver.

I see no lavender/purple... Like at all, lol.

Actually I am colour blind within certain colour palettes. I get mixed up when it comes to various shades of blue, green and grey, and sometimes red and brown. To me green traffic lights lights look blue for example, but since I can tell the difference between red, yellow and blue/green I can have a driver license. Also I think that my favorite navy blue shirt looks purple, and I once bought a suit at a second hand store that I thought was dark grey but was actually green. Fortunately it only cots me $5.

It does, it's just horribly inaccurate. I used it on Sunday and all the backstage mazes were listed at 0 min waits. Nope, most were around 30 with the exception of Trick or Treat which was about an hour and a half.

Damn an hour wait on a Sunday? Guess I know where I'm headed when the rope drops at 7:00 on Friday!