TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'd love to see a super-long Helix-type ride installed at Knotts (far more so than some Skyrush-type thing), but such a ride's success seems dependent on a fairly generous footprint with a multi-level terrain; it would really need to span out across the park so as not to feel like a half-assed version. Given that, my guess is that whatever it'll be will be relatively compact, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer either way. The dream, for me, would be a Diamondback clone, but that's not gonna happen!

Haven't you been on Goliath at SFMM or Titan at SFOT? Those are super-long Helix-type rides.

Haven't you been on Goliath at SFMM or Titan at SFOT? Those are super-long Helix-type rides.

I was referring to the ride called Helix as opposed to rides with long helix sections. Sorry; I should have been more clear. Helix is a long Mack multi-launcher as opposed to hypercoaster.

Edited by Arthur_Seaton

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather see Knott's new attraction be called Hangtime over The Ledge. I'm not a fan of either, but the former is the better of the two. I'd assume Knott's waited until last to let all the other news sink in before making their announcement. I'm really hoping for something great, but I'm being cautiously optimistic. It's been 14 years since they last announced something big, and we got Silver Bullet out of it.

I was looking back at the quarterly report for Cedar Fair that came out earlier this year. In it were mentioned two RMCs, what are now Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers, a first of its kind roller coaster, presumably RailBlazer, and then a renewed relationship with a manufacturer. That makes 3 of the 4 coasters already announced, and unless, Lord forbid they consider Valleyfair's Delirious a coaster, that means Knott's is getting the fourth coaster, with a manufacturer Cedar Fair is familiar with. Gerstlauer has only built one coaster for Cedar Fair in the past. My bets are on Intamin.

Just read a post by @cabincrewcoasterkings stating that there's a possibility that Xcelerator is being removed from the park. Anybody else hear or read anything about this? Here's a link to the post:

No they cant! It's sill stands out after 15 years!

^^ Extraordinarily doubtful. That's their biggest draw. However there was a pretty insane rumor not too far back about them doing a huge expansion of Xcelerator. Keeping the launch and tower but making it muuuuuuuch longer of a ride.

Just read a post by @cabincrewcoasterkings stating that there's a possibility that Xcelerator is being removed from the park. Anybody else hear or read anything about this? Here's a link to the post:

No they cant! It's sill stands out after 15 years!

That would be tragic. That's my favorite Accelerator model! However, removing it for 2018 space might make sense, given that I have a suspicion that this is the biggest announcement of the day (separated by a few hours from the others, Robb is on-site, etc.), and Knott's is pretty much maxed out in terms of space. Let's wait and see what happens before we succumb to Dippin' Dots rumors.

^^ Extraordinarily doubtful. That's their biggest draw. However there was a pretty insane rumor not too far back about them doing a huge expansion of Xcelerator. Keeping the launch and tower but making it muuuuuuuch longer of a ride.

I think Ghostrider has retaken that title. Xcelerator is going nowhere. Maybe a new launch system?

What if they closed xcelarator and tore out boomerang because there gonna give xcelerator new trains and extend the ride into boomerangs old plot of land and rename it the ledge. They can finally theme it to something that fits the area. Plus it fits the fact that it would renew there relationship with intamin.

What if (talking absolutely absurd right now) their 2018 attraction is a super extended accelerator that utilizes Boomerang's old spot to add length to the ride? Now, I want to make it clear that NO WAY IN HELL do I think this is happening, but it would fall in line with Matt's "Manufacturer we haven't worked with in recent history" quote.