TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Maybe it's been said and I missed it but, what time is the announcement tomorrow?

It'll actually be between 8:00pm - 8:15 from my understanding.

8:00 pm park time or 8:00 pm EST?

Knott's is on the west coast haha. It's 8PM pacific time.

Haha. Why would anybody on the Knott's thread be talking about EST?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I mean, I'm on the east coast, so 11 pm EST is kind of late, but I mean it should be an exciting evening.

Does anyone else have a gut feeling that this announcement will disappoint? I mean, they have done basically no teasing at all (when compared to KD, CP, and CGA), and the park is being very hush-hush with their announcement (I found out the time through an Instagram comment from them).

I'm thrilled for the announcement, but something just doesn't seem to quite add up the same way the other three parks have been doing it over the last few weeks.

EDIT: He ^ took the words outta my mouth. I hope we're wrong.

Guys, in all honesty, I have a feeling that we're about to become the next KD 2017. We've had 0 leaks, 0 potential leaks, 0 rumors backed up by facts, and we've done just slightly over 0 teasing, especially compared with with Dominion, Great America, and Cedar Point. At this point, I have set my expectations to the level that we'd get a Pipe Scream, with either a Superloop or a Troika taking up the other space. Knott's is in a tough spot, because Magic Mountain is killing them on coaster, and Disney is killing them on theming, operations, and dark rides, so I believe they should stick with the one opening in the SoCal market, and that is flats. Looking at cold hard facts, there is literally nothing that shows that we're getting a big new fancy coaster, except that fact that there's been almost an acre cleared. The worst part is when everyone starts bringing in all these "sources" as I've literally read tonight that one guy has a source for a Gerst Infinity coaster and has seen the promotional material, and then I turn around and another guy claims he has a very reliable source that says "Maverick of the West". Knott's is probably the one announcement that we have nothing on, and so I'll be stunned if we get something major (i.e. Monster at Adventureland type Infinity, Maverick of the West, etc)

^, ^^ & ^^^Perhaps Knott's is getting the first it's kind and that's maybe why they have been hush hush about it in comparison. They are also the last one to announce in the evening with a huge event. It was already quite obvious what CP & KD were getting. CGA is just basically doing the normal thing with a wall of coasters built at the park as CP has done with some subtle other hints along the way. Knott's basically is in your face that something is coming with little to no teasing...because that's how they chose to do it.

As far as CF worrying about what SFMM is doing? Considering Knott's pulls about the same amount in attendance (if not more) with a much smaller park and less coasters should tell you something.

Guys, they barely teased this attraction. I highly doubt it will be anything significant, unfortunately. CGA, KD, and CP have been teasing for at least two months now.

I highly doubt the amount of teasing has any correlation with the overall scope or quality of the attraction. Each park has their own marketing team who chose to promote and tease things in their own different ways.

From my understanding they have a few surprises planned if you are lucky enough to attend tomorrow night.

Also, incase I didn't iterate enough in my first post, I HATE WHEN PEOPLE BRING "SOURCES" INTO THIS CRAP. Phewwww, I feel much better now. I mean, it's totally cool if you want to share sources, but if you have nothing concrete to back it up and show to people, it just causes a lot of confusion and fighting. I've now seen: Someone say they have a top secret source that says Gerst Infinity and they've seen the promotional material, Someone comment about how they have a highly reliable source who was able to prove an Intamin Launcher similar to Maverick, and Someone say they have a source that says Knott's will get a Raptor Track. Obviously not all of these can be correct, so that means 2 people are lying, and now it causes a lot of confusion and arguing as people have to decide which source to believe. These kinds of irresponsible things absolutely bug the crap outta me, and now I don't feel like I can make a solid opinion, as whenever I try and share something, a little 10yr old comments about how they have a world class source and that I'm wrong. ARGH. Thank you for listening to my rant

Knott's doesn't tease rides. Never have. But they did keep that webcam on 24 hours a day over the spot as they dug and refilled holes. I'm not the only one here who sat up late watching them dig. I think they were messing with us. And I think a Gerstlauer Infinity is going in there. If you think I'm wrong about them not teasing rides, feel free to go back to page one of this thread and start reading all of the speculation over the past several years and how Knotts handled all of those attractions. Hint....they said absolutely nothing and did zero promotion until they were announced. Knott's doesn't tease.

And, after reading all of the countless pages in this thread about the giga coaster just to have coast rider be revealed.....I can certainly understand everyone being nervous....so am I....but something different happened this time....the infinity rumor stuck. the rumors changed in the days and weeks before coast rider was announced. That's why I'm rolling the dice and guessing Infinity. Plus.....wouldn't it really be the perfect coaster for that spot? But, in any event, I'll be here tomorrow to cry with the rest of you when we find out about our new half pipe coaster......

Guys, they barely teased this attraction. I highly doubt it will be anything significant, unfortunately. CGA, KD, and CP have been teasing for at least two months now.

I highly doubt the amount of teasing has any correlation with the overall scope or quality of the attraction. Each park has their own marketing team who chose to promote and tease things in their own different ways.

Exactly, just look at all the teasing KD did for their 2017 addition. #ReallyMoreComing

Look, Knott's is getting something big and it's going to be a coaster. They wouldn't have removed a popular coaster (with the GP at least) unless something bigger and better is going to take its place. Plus, they wouldn't be doing a big media event just to announce a few flats. Thankfully we'll know all the facts tomorrow and whose "sources" were actually real.

My money is on a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster and a grand reopening of the Sky Tower.

I'd love to see a super-long Helix-type ride installed at Knotts (far more so than some Skyrush-type thing), but such a ride's success seems dependent on a fairly generous footprint with a multi-level terrain; it would really need to span out across the park so as not to feel like a half-assed version. Given that, my guess is that whatever it'll be will be relatively compact, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer either way. The dream, for me, would be a Diamondback clone, but that's not gonna happen!

I'd love to see a super-long Helix-type ride installed at Knotts (far more so than some Skyrush-type thing), but such a ride's success seems dependent on a fairly generous footprint with a multi-level terrain; it would really need to span out across the park so as not to feel like a half-assed version. Given that, my guess is that whatever it'll be will be relatively compact, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer either way. The dream, for me, would be a Diamondback clone, but that's not gonna happen!

Haven't you been on Goliath at SFMM or Titan at SFOT? Those are super-long Helix-type rides.