TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I was there on Saturday and the ambiance across the park after sundown is really quite incredible now. They have some truly fantastic sight lines enhanced beautifully with some top-notch lighting packages. Everywhere you go you really feel like you're immersed in classic theme park ambiance. I feel like they've really stepped up their game - walking around at times I could have sworn I was on a Disney property. And can't say enough about Ghost Town alive - superb addition.

Operations on the other hand...

Hey guys I have kind of a weird question: In terms of renting out a park, how far will $40,000 get you at Knott's Berry Farm? Like how much ERT/how many rides could you get for that? And if you don't know about KBF's policy on this, how far do you guys THINK this will get you at KBF/ how far will $40,000 get you at similarly sized parks?

BTW I really don't mean to come across as one of those guys who post stuff like this just to sound like they're rich in an attempt to impress people online. There's no way I can afford do this. I'm just asking because of a hypothetical situation my friends and I were considering.

Hey guys I have kind of a weird question: In terms of renting out a park, how far will $40,000 get you at Knott's Berry Farm? Like how much ERT/how many rides could you get for that? And if you don't know about KBF's policy on this, how far do you guys THINK this will get you at KBF/ how far will $40,000 get you at similarly sized parks?

BTW I really don't mean to come across as one of those guys who post stuff like this just to sound like they're rich in an attempt to impress people online. There's no way I can afford do this. I'm just asking because of a hypothetical situation my friends and I were considering.

I can probably tell you right now, $40k wont get much. I believe it coast up around a million or so to buy out a whole park.

I don't know what they charge but if their minimum is 5,000 guests and I am guessing at around $50 - $100 per head would be $250,000 - $500,000 for a full theme park buyout based upon those numbers.

You are probably better off just visiting on many traditional school days and there probably aren't much more guests in the park than that.

https://www.knotts.com/explore/groups/corporate-events/park-buyout

"Corporate Buyout

Have it all! Take over Knott's at night! If you've got a group, we've got the ultimate location. Our friendly and experienced party planners are here to handle all the details for you. Let us put together a unique package just for your group!

Full Theme Park Buyout

With a minimum group size of 5,000, your company can take over the whole park for your special event, complete with rides, midway games, and attractions available for the exclusive use of your group. All parties also include either featured food venues or your choice of an all-you-can-eat buffet with Knott’s Berry Farm’s world class fare. 

Partial Theme Park Buyouts

Choose one of Knott's famed themed areas for your special event. Complete with private access to our thrilling attractions and delicious food, a partial buyout creates the ultimate themed party. Select from our Boardwalk, Fiesta Village, and Ghost Town locations. All partial buyouts must include a meal option for all guests."

^^It would be built into the calendar and show as closed that day. I know a company (BMW I think) would rent out Carowinds for a day for it's employees and it would show up as closed on the parks calendar on their website. Other parks have had things like this, and they also announce well in advance on various social media sites.

Hey Guys,

I plan to visit KSF this fall coming from Valleyfair. Are the dates for KSF something that gets released to the Press just like the mazes do or are they already posted somewhere?

I'm hoping to find a day that doesn't interfere with my job at Valleyscare but will probably have to take a day off for this trip.

Thanks.

If I might make a recommendation....go to teh park during the day and do the scary rides then. They run them in haunt mode during regular hours, too....and of course, ride Ghostrider...otherwise what's the point, right? That way you can focus on nothing but the mazes at night. Knotts is by far the best haunt in the nation. There is so much to see and do and you will easily spend the entire night waiting for the log ride, calico mine ride and of course...Ghostrider. Some of the maze lines circle around most of the park. They really are what you want to focus on during haunt. They're that good.

Any clue what the crowds at the park will be like next week? A bunch of my family and I are going probably on Wednesday or Thursday. What is the best place to eat for shortest lines? I have a Cedar Fair platinum pass, but they do not. Any input is welcome!

Any updates on Sol Spin? A source on twitter said there's a chance it may actually be removed due to possible structural problems... apparently, the ride has been making some unusual noises, which is why it's been shut down and Mondial people have been out there investigating. But I don't know how credible that is, as I haven't heard it any where else yet.

Any clue what the crowds at the park will be like next week? A bunch of my family and I are going probably on Wednesday or Thursday. What is the best place to eat for shortest lines? I have a Cedar Fair platinum pass, but they do not. Any input is welcome!

The crowds have been pretty large all summer every time I've gone so far. Ghostrider gets two hour lines within one hour of the park opening and stays that way all day. There is a BBQ joint in Ghost town that is decent food with only about a 15 minute wait. They have Johnny Rockets and Panda Express. There isn't any good pizza in the park, no matter how the pictures look. Over in the plaza at Fiesta Village is some pretty good mexican food., but the lines move slow. For dinner....why not eat chicken? Mrs Knott's rarely has waits anymore since they expanded it. Great place to taste history and boysenberry pie.

Knott's has early entry at 9:30am during the summer for pass holders and hotel guests, but that won't work for you since the rest of your party doesn't have passes. GhostRider has been insanely popular since the refurb, so I would get to the park 15-20 minutes before opening and hit that as soon as they let you into the park. Then I would head to the back right corner to Xcelerator before the crowds make their way back there.

As for food, I would agree with the recommendations of Johnny Rockets (if you want a longer sit-down lunch) or Panda Express if you want something faster.

Any updates on Sol Spin? A source on twitter said there's a chance it may actually be removed due to possible structural problems... apparently, the ride has been making some unusual noises, which is why it's been shut down and Mondial people have been out there investigating. But I don't know how credible that is, as I haven't heard it any where else yet.

When we all heard that Knott's version was a larger custom made model, my uh-oh meter went up. When it opened and was seen to go so slow and with shorter cycles I became concerned. I suspected the larger size might be an issue with it's operation.

There is a picture on the Knott's Nuts group on Facebook showing that a wall has been put up around Sol Spin with scaffolding appear around the ride. Also it appears they have begun working on the Boomerang site again.

I saw that too, but fought the urge to post a screenshot. I noticed that have began excavating the area where the 'pond' had been. I remember seeing that they were running water into the depression, letting it soak in and the running more water. Does anyone know if saturating the soil makes it softer or does letting the wet ground dry out make a harder surface?

I remember seeing that they were running water into the depression, letting it soak in and the running more water. Does anyone know if saturating the soil makes it softer or does letting the wet ground dry out make a harder surface?

Yes running water into the soil makes the soil softer and easier to did. Remember this ground under the ride has not been touched for a long time which will mean the soil has become hard.

Oh jesus effing christ can all these parks just stop with these Mondial experiments? This is such garbage that the park has to put up with this crap. It's a mediocre, semi simple flat ride, and Mondial screws that up to? When you see some of the flats at carnivals and how intricate they are, and how they're stored, shipped, and up and running weekly, then see 2 back to back permanent installations which can't make the cut, I think that's pretty absurd.

Knotts is by far the best haunt in the nation.

lol Halloween Horror Nights USH would like a word with you...