TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

For what it's worth.... the most popular rumor among ride ops at the park right now is a Eurofighter.

That wouldn't be my first choice, but I definitely wouldn't hate it. Mystery Mine at Dollywood is a fantastic ride and a bigger version of that would be a lot of fun. The capacity isn't bad either if they run it like Dollywood does (dual loading platform running 6 trains at a time). It would be the first one on the West Coast and the vertical lift is a real attention grabber.

I'd still much rather see Knott's get a B&M dive coaster or an Intamin Mega-lite, but it doesn't sound like either of those are going to happen.

I'd still much rather see Knott's get a B&M dive coaster or an Intamin Mega-lite, but it doesn't sound like either of those are going to happen.

Based on what? A Gerstlauer fits neither the renewed relationship nor a new type pf coaster that has been confirmed by Ouimet. I take what ride ops say with a grain of salt.

Based on what? A Gerstlauer fits neither the renewed relationship nor a new type pf coaster that has been confirmed by Ouimet. I take what ride ops say with a grain of salt.

Worlds of Fun has a Gerstlauer spinning coaster built in 04. Canada's Wonderland has a Gerstlauer SkyRoller built in the last 5 years. Gerstlauer would be a renewed relationship.

Worlds of Fun has a Gerstlauer spinning coaster built in 04. Canada's Wonderland has a Gerstlauer SkyRoller built in the last 5 years. Gerstlauer would be a renewed relationship.

I forgot all about the WoF coaster. That's been thirteen years. You may have a point.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

What's the difference between a Gerstlauer Eurofighter and Infinity coaster? Is it just the trains?

Because I've heard the rumors as well, but I've heard "Infinity", not Eurofighter.

The Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster is a roller coaster design by Gerstlauer. A variant of the popular Euro-Fighter model, the Infinity Coaster allows for higher capacity through longer trains. The coaster also features a magnetic rollback system on rides with lifthills, to allow for easier evacuation of riders in breakdown situations. The ride car can now roll backwards with the magnetic fins deployed and the lift motor in reverse.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Coaster

The Infinity Coaster is the next generation of Euro-fighter. The biggest differences are the trains and the magnetic rollback system.

1999608561_Screenshot(70).thumb.png.c298d6485e38481a7c5be876b2920e25.png

Euro-fighter coasters have a single train car with two rows of four seats. They can seat at most eight people per train.

1242017686_Screenshot(71).thumb.png.fb80c40551632c4c0d9057d006092976.png

Infinity coasters have multiple train cars with one row of four seats. They can seat anywhere from eight to sixteen people, or more, per train. Some infinity coasters also have traditional inclined lift hills as well as the vertical lift hill.

I went to the park today for a couple of hours. I noticed that the Boomerang track is gone and no longer next to the burned fire station. I asked three ride operators and got three different answers. All said it was sold and is not moving to another Cedar Fair park but one said to China, another said Japan and the last didn't know where it was sold to. I am guessing that if it is not sitting in a dirt field adjacent to another Cedar Fair park already that it was sold outside the company. SOL Spin like mentioned is closed. BBQ restaurant doesn't look much different. Nothing with the new coaster site yet.

IMG_20170706_123532.thumb.jpg.213ce64d27334000980c2a5a29d22511.jpg

SOL - no rides today

IMG_20170706_124612.thumb.jpg.2d69aa5489191e47cc351f730f649a6a.jpg

Future BBQ

IMG_20170706_124648.thumb.jpg.090a5cde37558fb03166969d6dc46d1c.jpg

BBQ Seating?

^Those last 2 photos remind me (sort of) of what they used to build for Drive In (eat in your car?) franchises, like A&W, etc.

To me, anyway. So that's maybe the idea and theming about this section of the restaurant. For tables, now.

^Those last 2 photos remind me (sort of) of what they used to build for Drive In (eat in your car?) franchises, like A&W, etc.

To me, anyway. So that's maybe the idea and theming about this section of the restaurant. For tables, now.

Those are the queue lines on the side as we all know the BBQ restaurant is the secret coaster station. It's going to be an RMC Rib-Trex coaster. Everyone gets one rib when boarding. The taste and smell of pork take you to the fourth and fifth dimensions. Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

Just out of curiosity, has Knotts filed any sort of permits for this project with the city of Buena Park? I feel like if they're building something tall they have to get some sort of approval from the city especially if it could go over 200 feet. Anyone know if they had to file anything for any past projects like Windseeker?

It's going to be an RMC Rib-Trex coaster. Everyone gets one rib when boarding. The taste and smell of pork take you to the fourth and fifth dimensions.

636158776631978607-1620578214_literally-best-idea-gif.gif

Just out of curiosity, has Knotts filed any sort of permits for this project with the city of Buena Park? I feel like if they're building something tall they have to get some sort of approval from the city especially if it could go over 200 feet. Anyone know if they had to file anything for any past projects like Windseeker?

No, Knott's needs no approval to go over any height.

You can search for Knott's building permits online. I just couldn't find anything newer than 2016. I couldn't find demo Boomerang for example but demo Riptide is there along with repair work on Ghostrider, Fire Station transfer and other projects.

weblink.buenapark.com/public/Browse.aspx?startid=50374

or

weblink.buenapark.com/public/Search.aspx

1943816220_Screenshot(64).thumb.png.ae8a54175f991bad8637cf919a54dc7b.png

ghostrider work

1184393796_Screenshot(66).thumb.png.73fac860d1ea9864ce2c715f91d1fe9c.png

fire station transfer

827515537_Screenshot(67).thumb.png.78db66051c8fb74c14227d4f19b31525.png

143 results returned

Capture.JPG.336b12accc3ec830d55319bc6c63bf2e.JPG

use custom search