TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ I don't know, Bill. This is California we're talking about. Their courts don't do anything that makes sense, and I know that because Californians say so. I think they could fully litigate this issue in minutes and force a private business to do something they don't want to with their private property. You don't understand the force of California's Coaster Enthusiast Butthurt Act of 1977, also known as Prop 35A Mark VI.

You mock but that doesn't change the fact that California has a history of stopping projects for reasons as ridiculous as an endangered knat flies over this property once a year during migration or this fence can't be painted because James Dean pissed on it once.

Okay, being serious here for a moment. Make fewer statements. Ask more questions. You'll be so much better off if you do.

It's free advice, and totally up to you whether you use it. But I'm throwing it out there hoping for the best.

^ I don't know, Bill. This is California we're talking about. Their courts don't do anything that makes sense, and I know that because Californians say so. I think they could fully litigate this issue in minutes and force a private business to do something they don't want to with their private property. You don't understand the force of California's Coaster Enthusiast Butthurt Act of 1977, also known as Prop 35A Mark VI.

I rarely post on TPR, I just wanted to see what the latest on the Boomerang project was. After reading the past few pages of this thread, i'm pretty sure I now have cancer.

Cancer of the common sense. It's a horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers to you and your loved ones.

I rarely post on TPR, I just wanted to see what the latest on the Boomerang project was. After reading the past few pages of this thread, i'm pretty sure I now have cancer.

There's no concrete info on the Boomerang replacement, but I've heard rumors of a Gerstlauer Infinity/Euro-Fighter coaster from a couple of places. But at this point, rumors are all that we have.

Edited by VegasBaby

^Whatever do you mean? Looks like they are doing something with those lights on.

Obviously shining it at the camera so we can't see what they are doing. Otherwise they'll raise suspicions.

Monster at Adventureland is amazing, so if an Infinity is what CF goes with, it is an excellent choice!

If they do go with something similar to Monster, I just hope they build a dual-loading platform like TTD or Maverick and that they run 4 trains at a time. The Infinity coasters do look like a lot of fun, but they aren't know for their capacity. Gerstlauer certainly would fit the "renewed relationship" that Ouimet was referring to and a vertical lift hill would be a first for SoCal.

Also, Screamscape just posted that they are hearing that Knott's new coaster is going to be a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster project. If this is the case, I'd like to see Knott's get a larger model with a 200ft or so drop.

Edited by VegasBaby

Monster at Adventureland is amazing, so if an Infinity is what CF goes with, it is an excellent choice!

If they do go with something similar to Monster, I just hope they build a dual-loading platform like TTD or Maverick and that they run 4 trains at a time. The Infinity coasters do look like a lot of fun, but they aren't know for their capacity. Gerstlauer certainly would fit the "renewed relationship" that Ouimet was referring to and a vertical lift hill would be a first for SoCal.

Also, Screamscape just posted that they are hearing that Knott's new coaster is going to be a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster project. If this is the case, I'd like to see Knott's get a larger model with 200ft or so drop.

An infinity like Karnan, 230ft drop is what you're talking about maybe, just add more inversions than Karnan. Karnan and Monster cost both around 9M. Karnan runs 4-16 passenger trains with 960/hr capacity and Monster 3-8 passenger trainswith 500/hr capacity. I don't see them going with a infinity like Smiler which was around 22M when you do the conversions. Smilers 14 inversions is a bit much.

If CF really is working with Gerstlauer, then (in addition to this) I hope it means they are using their trains on the RMCs instead of the RMC trains.

Because that worked out so well.

[attachment=0]maxresdefault.jpg[/attachment]

The woman was clearly too big to ride, but the ride operators didn't listen. Has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

Iron Rattler is doing fine with the Geratlauer trains.

If CF really is working with Gerstlauer, then (in addition to this) I hope it means they are using their trains on the RMCs instead of the RMC trains.

Because that worked out so well.

[attachment=0]maxresdefault.jpg[/attachment]

I hope you're kidding. That was the operator's fault, not Gerstlauer. But that's irrelevant because RMC only contracted Gerstlauer because they didn't have their own trains to provide at the time.