TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Okay, my brother, who is an engineer, was looking at the photo I posted and he said he sees something glaringly clear. The pile of ruble and the position of the "pond" are not accidents. Look at the pond. It's long and narrow and aligned perfectly with Sky Cabin. The rubble is also on that line. He predicts that they are getting ready to dynamite Sky Cabin and it will fall perfectly into the pond with the rubble acting as fulcrum to soften the fall.

They keep piling rubble in front of Sky Cabin and then a dump truck pulls adjacent to it and then they haul it away. It might be where the small vehicles bring the debris to be loaded to the dump trucks. Aren't crush piles usually soft dirt though? Not saying the Sky Cabin isn't possibly going and I am sure Knott's will not announce anything pre-demolition to minimize any further attempts to get it declared a historical landmark. It is sad that you just got to quietly close and demolish stuff or people will try to sue or change the law to make you keep it.

Cedar Point - Space Spiral demolition

I mentioned somewhere...either here or elsewhere, the possibility of Sky Cabin demo...and look...the main person who contradicted me has now changed his tune because his brother is an engineer and said it looks like it...interesting...lol

Edited by bgtlover

I am sure Knott's will not announce anything pre-demolition to minimize any further attempts to get it declared a historical landmark. It is sad that you just got to quietly close and demolish stuff or people will try to sue or change the law to make you keep it.

"Looks suspicious" of what? Why would they care? Also, the webcam goes down for maintenance all the time and they can also move it to show whatever they want. They pointed this one at Silver Bullet a few months ago. They have nothing to hide, they can do whatever they want and they don't care if one enthusiast is staring at a webcam at midnight watching them dig a hole see something that might indicate what's going on.

They haven't announced yet that SC is coming down and they don't want to tip their hand by turning off or turning the cam away. Last time they did that people knew something was up . But in all reality I don't think they are dumb enough to do it in secret. The backlash would be too much

I mentioned somewhere...either here or elsewhere, the possibility of Sky Cabin demo...and look...the main person who contradicted me has now changed his tune because his brother is an engineer and said it looks like it...interesting...lol

ZI didn't say he was a good enginner

Last time they did that people knew something was up . But in all reality I don't think they are dumb enough to do it in secret. The backlash would be too much

1) Last time they did that nothing was up, last time they do that the webcam was undergoing routine maintenance.

2) If they wanted to keep it a secret, they wouldn't have a pointed a live 24/7 webcam at it

3) It's their property, they can do whatever they want with it, there won't be any "backlash" and if there was nobody would give a sh*t because it's their tower, they own it and they can do whatever the hell they want.

Last time they did that people knew something was up . But in all reality I don't think they are dumb enough to do it in secret. The backlash would be too much

1) Last time they did that nothing was up, last time they do that the webcam was undergoing routine maintenance.

2) If they wanted to keep it a secret, they wouldn't have a pointed a live 24/7 webcam at it

3) It's their property, they can do whatever they want with it, there won't be any "backlash" and if there was nobody would give a sh*t because it's their tower, they own it and they can do whatever the hell they want.

Why do you think they didn't tear it down for Windseeker? Backlash. People rose up and Knott's backed down. Made up the landmark story.

Why do you think they didn't tear it down for Windseeker? Backlash. People rose up and Knott's backed down. Made up the landmark story.

Everything in this post is giving me in aneurysm.

They did take down Windseeker, there was no backlash, Knott's never backed down because the ride is in f*cking Kansas right now and nobody cares if 2 enthusiasts think the "K" is a landmark because it isn't. What are you on?

A giant Lady Liberty with a "K" on her head. Then she takes off her robe to reveal a 500 foot tall Polercoaster! And her head is a revolving bar and restaurant with $2.00 shots of Grey Goose La'Boysenberry. Oh well, I don't want this thread to get too silly.

Everything in this post is giving me in aneurysm.

They did take down Windseeker, there was no backlash, Knott's never backed down because the ride is in f*cking Kansas right now and nobody cares if 2 enthusiasts think the "K" is a landmark because it isn't. What are you on?

Read that line again, slowly. "Why do you think they didn't tear IT down FOR Windseeker?" as in they didn't tear Sky Cabin down and instead built Windseeker elsewhere in the park. Still have that aneurysm?

I give up. They're not trying to prep the ride for demolition in secret by shining a light at the webcam. I don't know what you're talking about with the made up landmark thing but I promise the park doesn't care. It's their ride and they can do what they want with it. They don't need to do it in secret so coaster enthusiasts don't find out.

I give up. They're not trying to prep the ride for demolition in secret by shining a light at the webcam. I don't know what you're talking about with the made up landmark thing but I promise the park doesn't care. It's their ride and they can do what they want with it. They don't need to do it in secret so coaster enthusiasts don't find out.

The light thing was a joke. But as for the other part, you don't think if they announced the demolition ahead of time there wouldn't be injunctions placed within minutes to stop it? There are groups that have been trying to get the 'K' protected. It may not be on any official list but that doesn't mean they haven't been trying. Knott's backed down last time due to public pressure and the groups haven't let up. If they announced it again the groups would be out in force and they'd find a judge to agree with them. You forget that it's California. There's no such thing as "their property".

^ I don't know, Bill. This is California we're talking about. Their courts don't do anything that makes sense, and I know that because Californians say so. I think they could fully litigate this issue in minutes and force a private business to do something they don't want to with their private property. You don't understand the force of California's Coaster Enthusiast Butthurt Act of 1977, also known as Prop 35A Mark VI.

^ I don't know, Bill. This is California we're talking about. Their courts don't do anything that makes sense, and I know that because Californians say so. I think they could fully litigate this issue in minutes and force a private business to do something they don't want to with their private property. You don't understand the force of California's Coaster Enthusiast Butthurt Act of 1977, also known as Prop 35A Mark VI.

You mock but that doesn't change the fact that California has a history of stopping projects for reasons as ridiculous as an endangered knat flies over this property once a year during migration or this fence can't be painted because James Dean pissed on it once.

I don't think the story was made up. People just reported it wrong on Wikipedia. Knott's made the mistake of announcing they were going to remove Sky Cabin for Windseeker and people got mad. They went to the city of Buena Park and asked about making it a historical monument / site. I believe the City of Buena Park told the group that they would need to get a certain amount of signatures to get it on an election ballot and probably pay some fees. it never made it to the ballot as it was probably dropped or failed to be followed through with the requirements to get it to a ballot. Meanwhile, Knott's found a way to refurb Sky Cabin and located Wind Seeker elsewhere making everyone happy.

You can call the City of Buena Park, Buena Park Historical Society and ask them for their current requirements if you still want Sky Cabin saved and think removal is imminent.

www.buenapark.com/Home/Components/ServiceDirectory/ServiceDirectory/32/625

City of Buena Park, Buena Park Historical Society: Phone:(714) 562-3570

Edited by SoCalJasonland

You mock but that doesn't change the fact that California has a history of stopping projects for reasons as ridiculous as an endangered knat flies over this property once a year during migration or this fence can't be painted because James Dean pissed on it once.

Okay, being serious here for a moment. Make fewer statements. Ask more questions. You'll be so much better off if you do.

It's free advice, and totally up to you whether you use it. But I'm throwing it out there hoping for the best.