TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Interesting. Granted, I hadn't tried recently, but after years of asking and always getting the same answer (no, you have to pay again), I gave up asking and figured it was set. I thought maybe it was chain-wide, but when I looked up other Cedar Fair parks, most allowed reentry. It was just Knott's.

Curiously, the website backs up what I say. Go to their website > Help > FAQ > Popular FAQ... "Reentry is not permitted into the parking lots for single day parking passes or All Season Parking." But perhaps it hasn't been updated? Or some of you jut got very generous parking employees willing to turn a blind eye?

The only reason I can see a park not allowing re-entry with season pass parking is people cheating the system. Basically one person shows pass when parking. Then a friend/family needs parking and you get in their car from a pickup point and get them free parking too. Same could apply if you didn't have a season pass and just paid for parking and gave someone your receipt (which I assume would have a time on when it was bought).

Does Knott's scan the pass at the toll booth or do you just show it? I honestly can't remember what they did at Carowinds last time for comparison. I know SeaWorld & Busch Gardens scans so it would have a time listed/receipt if you entered already making it to where you couldn't just hop in another car and come right back in and use again within a certain time frame. BTW I'm not condoning anyone try to cheat the system. Just pointing out reasoning why some places may operate like they do.

The only reason I can see a park not allowing re-entry with season pass parking is people cheating the system. Basically one person shows pass when parking. Then a friend/family needs parking and you get in their car from a pickup point and get them free parking too. Same could apply if you didn't have a season pass and just paid for parking and gave someone your receipt (which I assume would have a time on when it was bought).

Does Knott's scan the pass at the toll booth or do you just show it? I honestly can't remember what they did at Carowinds last time for comparison. I know SeaWorld & Busch Gardens scans so it would have a time listed/receipt if you entered already making it to where you couldn't just hop in another car and come right back in and use again within a certain time frame. BTW I'm not condoning anyone try to cheat the system. Just pointing out reasoning why some places may operate like they do.

Knott's scans pass at the parking booth and gives you a receipt. I haven't tried to re-enter the parking lot but I believe they told me you just show them the receipt if you return. The season pass will scan multiple times at the gate. I have left the park without a hand stamp and my pass worked a second time at the admission gate without a problem.

Knott's Network posted pictures today showing that the work fence has been extended all the around the facepainting building at the south end of the Boardwalk by Johnny Rockets. Someone else noticed that Rip Tide's old mechanical building was still standing as well. I wonder why? The work order Knott's Network posted a few weeks back listed Boomerang, the station, the Hat Shop, a merchandise building (presumably California Sports) and an electrical building as being on the docket for demolition, but not the facepainting building. I wonder if the Rip Tide structure is the electrical building that was listed, or if this is going to be a new round of work going on down there while work begins on the new ride at the other. Too bad we won't be able to watch it on the webcam.

I got stuck on Sol Spin today. It was only for about 15-20 minutes, but that felt like an eternity when stuck at a 30-degree angle. We eventually got off, they tested a couple cycles, and it opened back up. I just thought that was something worth mentioning. It generally seems to be running quite reliably though. Hopefully Mondial can come in and extend the ride cycle a little.

I can't even see what you're talking about, but if we're going to analyze every single little step of this construction process, oh boy... I would take everything they do right now with a grain of salt until they announce what they're building and we can start putting two and two together during the construction process.

I can't even see what you're talking about, but if we're going to analyze every single little step of this construction process, oh boy... I would take everything they do right now with a grain of salt until they announce what they're building and we can start putting two and two together during the construction process.

They aren't going to announce until it's almost finished. So picking it apart is all we have.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

I'm guessing they won't want the marketing they are trying to do for Haunt drowned out by this new ride.

Knott's has a history of Q4 announcements, so I am not expecting that to change.

^ New splashdown pool?

I know you're being funny not serious but I still have to go there. Sorry.

You'd think they'd line any type of pool/pond/lagoon/etc so the water stays in. I think turns out to be run-off from something off camera. But it still raises some questions nonetheless. I thought it interesting enough to post.

Okay, my brother, who is an engineer, was looking at the photo I posted and he said he sees something glaringly clear. The pile of ruble and the position of the "pond" are not accidents. Look at the pond. It's long and narrow and aligned perfectly with Sky Cabin. The rubble is also on that line. He predicts that they are getting ready to dynamite Sky Cabin and it will fall perfectly into the pond with the rubble acting as fulcrum to soften the fall.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Trying to blind us to the fact that they are rigging Sky Cabin to blow!

Because they can't just turn off the camera, right?

Man, the last few posts in this thread.

my brother, who is an engineer, was looking at the photo I posted and he said...

As soon as I read this I knew we were in for a treat

^ No they can't. They know that if they turn of the camera it would look suspicious. Using the work light just looks like they are working.

"Looks suspicious" of what? Why would they care? Also, the webcam goes down for maintenance all the time and they can also move it to show whatever they want. They pointed this one at Silver Bullet a few months ago. They have nothing to hide, they can do whatever they want and they don't care if one enthusiast is staring at a webcam at midnight watching them dig a hole see something that might indicate what's going on.