TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

They are tearing up the old California Sports foundation now. Seriously, they hadn't done that yet? Why they heck did they spend a week digging up the ground around the old station just to suddenly stop and do something else? Seems like they are dragging this out on purpose.

Funding, permitting, paper work. Who the knows or who cares? Maybe they're just taking their time - they have a long time until next season and even more if we aren't looking at a 2018 addition.

Just chill and enjoy the webcams. Lol

They are tearing up the old California Sports foundation now. Seriously, they hadn't done that yet? Why they heck did they spend a week digging up the ground around the old station just to suddenly stop and do something else? Seems like they are dragging this out on purpose.

Park management reads this forum and obviously noticed how much time you spend staring at the webcams, so they decided to switch it up on ya and make things a little interesting. Its all for you, bud. Totally on purpose.

I can't see a project like this not being fully funded before they start and permitting issues not being resolved before it even begins. I've witnessed similar demo projects before and they usually seem more orderly. Remove the ride. Then the buildings and foundations. Then remove underground utilities. I've never seen a project jump around so much before.

It makes no sense to remove a popular attraction in April before the summer rush if the aim isn't a 2018 opening.

Sardonic mocking just shows a lack of the ability to actually engage in meaningful conversation.

I can't see a project like this not being fully funded before they start and permitting issues not being resolved before it even begins. I've witnessed similar demo projects before and they usually seem more orderly. Remove the ride. Then the buildings and foundations. Then remove underground utilities. I've never seen a project jump around so much before.

It makes no sense to remove a popular attraction in April before the summer rush if the aim isn't a 2018 opening.

Sardonic mocking just shows a lack of the ability to actually engage in meaningful conversation.

250px-Ritalin.jpg

And speculating that the park is purposefully dragging out construction while insinuating that the park has no idea what they're doing is "meaningful conversation"?

Lighten up, bud. This hobby is about fun.

As crazy as the digging looks, I mean that ground hasn't been dug since before 1990 at least. So they are losing it all up, maybe it's taking longer than usual because they have limited space as the foundation is in the way.

I assume there are various utilities including landscape plumbing to remove. It just seems odd the order they are going about it. Why dig the station out last week and then leave it unless they aren't actually removing it? Maybe they are re-enforcing it. They ripped up the hat shop foundation the day after demo. Why didn't they rip up the merchandise store foundation the day after demo? I know they have a plan but it seems piecemeal which doesn't make the most sense.

I never implied they didn't know what they were doing.

Knott's Berry Farm, in particular Cedar Fair, has been doing this kind of thing longer than you've probably been alive. Maybe something has changed, maybe something hasn't, maybe what they're doing is going right along with the project timeline.

Either way, I'd leave the planning to the pros.

Should we shed tears now.

Why not get rid of it first so you have all the space to maneuver the trackers to work on the dirt lol. Hmm.

Maybe they died the water dark to hide any dirt that flew in the air into the water so it wasn't noticeable. Who knows.

So the station has been completely removed and the hole filled back in. The last slabs of concrete have also been ripped up. All that remains are some piles of debris to remove. They worked last night so I wonder if they will work tonight and get it all cleaned up. Once those piles are gone there should be nothing left to do.

1133554598_Screenshot(46).png.751cbb8b9b60537d82f43f9480fb87d8.png

Bringing up a question out of nowhere, but it's been driving me crazy for a while. Knott's is the only theme park I know of that does not allow re-entry for car parking. That is to say, if you get in your car and leave the lot, and return the same day, you must pay for parking again. This applies even if you have a season pass with parking... you can only use it once a day.

Does anyone know why this policy is in place just at Knott's? Disney, Knott's, and Universal all allow cars to re-enter the lot on the same day. It just makes no sense to me.

Bringing up a question out of nowhere, but it's been driving me crazy for a while. Knott's is the only theme park I know of that does not allow re-entry for car parking. That is to say, if you get in your car and leave the lot, and return the same day, you must pay for parking again. This applies even if you have a season pass with parking... you can only use it once a day.

Does anyone know why this policy is in place just at Knott's? Disney, Knott's, and Universal all allow cars to re-enter the lot on the same day. It just makes no sense to me.

Really? When we did this a month or two ago all we had to do was show the receipt we got from the first time we entered.

I was just going to say. Did the same thing in December.

I know that this used to be the parking policy at Knott's, but it changed around 2015. I always found it weird how you couldn't reenter the parking, but one day my mom (who had parking on her season pass) asked about it and they said we could reenter. Guess they saw the error of their ways.