TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

A realistic addition could be an Intamin mega-lite, but if we're going with a renewed relationship with a manufacturer, my bet is on TOGO.

An Intamin mega-lite or blitz coaster (Maverick 2.0?) would be a great addition to the park. It's very possible that Intamin is the company that Ouimet was referring to when he spoke about a renewed relationship on the CF conference call. I would love to see another Intamin at Knott's, Xcelerator needs a little or big brother!

An Intamin mega-lite or blitz coaster (Maverick 2.0?) would be a great addition to the park.

Certainly would be interesting having a Blitz right next to Xcelerator. I think a mega lite would be more likely budget and spacewise though, and I'd love Knott's forever for it

An Intamin mega-lite or blitz coaster (Maverick 2.0?) would be a great addition to the park. It's very possible that Intamin is the company that Ouimet was referring to when he spoke about a renewed relationship on the CF conference call.

Yup... and it's an Impulse coaster going to Great America.

^ I honestly don't see the draw. What do these impulse coasters have? You launch real fast and go up a spike then fall back down. At least Monty has two loops, and that launch. Wow. As for an impulse coaster, I can't say I would ever wait in a line longer than ten minutes to ride one. I hope to god Knott's isn't getting another low capacity shuttle ride.

^This. Plus it's going to Great America, not Knott's. My best guess (and that's all that it is) is that Knott's is the park getting the one of a kind, never before seen coaster that they mentioned on the conference call. If you follow the process of elimination, the other 3 are accounted for.

Impulse coasters are a ton of fun. Have you ever ridden one? Don't knock it til you try it.

Yeah, I rode V2 at SFDK. Yeah it was fun but it's not great and definitely not worth more than a station wait. It's a nice carnival ride.

^This. Plus it's going to Great America, not Knott's. My best guess (and that's all that it is) is that Knott's is the park getting the one of a kind, never before seen coaster that they mentioned on the conference call. If you follow the process of elimination, the other 3 are accounted for.

Yes, but I wouldn't put it past CF to one day do a ride like this at Knott's considering the space issue.

Personally I'm not a fan of Impulse coasters, they're more of a one and done for the credit type of ride. Nothing has really stood out to me about the three that I have been on, V2 at SFDK is rough and rather forceless as is Vertical Velocity at SFGAm. The best of the three is Wicked Twister, but the short ride duration and the swift punch to the dick you get from the pointed crotch on the seats is enough for me not to consider riding again. I understand the appeal of these coasters to other enthusiasts and the GP, but they're just not for me.

Knott's Network posted the following comment on their Facebook page, 'Ground breaking going on at the Mystery Project'. Does anybody know what this was about?

I don't know it could ONLY be something that we have been talking for the past 2 and a half months. But I'm clueless.

Knott's Network posted the following comment on their Facebook page, 'Ground breaking going on at the Mystery Project'. Does anybody know what this was about?

I don't know it could ONLY be something that we have been talking for the past 2 and a half months. But I'm clueless.

I mean what they meant by ground breaking. Are they saying they are breaking the ground up or that they had a "ground breaking" ceremony?

I mean what they meant by ground breaking. Are they saying they are breaking the ground up or that they had a "ground breaking" ceremony?

Think they mean breaking ground up to start placing footers soon!!!

^ One pic has one bull dozer, and the other pic has two?.......

Dude the station platform which once had an opening where the track for Boomerang ran through now has new concrete covering that opening. It appears as if the park is going to reuse the station platform, maybe not for a station platform, but maybe for the queue.

It's a little bit confusing because in that image the before pic is on the bottom and the after picture is on the top.