TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I wonder why they keep piling the broken concrete in a pile by Sky Cabin rather than dump in the dumpsters and cart it away. In the past week they haven't hauled away a single piece of concrete as far as I can tell. They just keep piling it up by where the hat shop used to be.

I wonder why they keep piling the broken concrete in a pile by Sky Cabin rather than dump in the dumpsters and cart it away. In the past week they haven't hauled away a single piece of concrete as far as I can tell. They just keep piling it up by where the hat shop used to be.

It's art. "Tas de béton cassé" by Jacques Riche. Right now Jacques is just one of the construction guys, but that's to make ends meet until he makes it big. He'll be famous someday, and then who will ridicule his art as a mere pile of broken concrete? You'll see. One day you will all see.

There have been so many rumors as to what will replace Boomerang that it's become a jumbled mess. For several years now "experts" have kept saying that Knott's is due for a giga coaster. Some have gone as far as saying they have sources saying as much. But others keep saying there is no way that a giga could fit anywhere at Knott's let alone in that space. But are we all assuming giga as in a 300 plus foot hyper style? What if they simply mean giga as in height? Aside from the giga aspect the other major rumor is a dive coaster, but recent news from the now infamous "conference call" started to make every one rethink B&M because a B&M dive coaster would be neither a renewed relationship nor a new ride type. Or would it? A 300 foot tall dive-wing coaster would be new and it would be just the draw Knott's needs. I still think Knott's is getting an RMC Raptor just based on the statement that one of the four coasters will be a new type of ride. But damn, a 300 foot dive-wing coaster would be a bitchin' ride! Imagine hanging off to the sides as you hurtle towards that little hole in the ground. You would swear that the tunnel is too narrow and that it will shear off the seats.

Or maybe it will be a giga Raptor. Hmmm. I seriously cannot wait until the big reveal.

I've seen the Intamin aquatrax POV. Sucks. Looks like a water coaster going down a flume but with no water. The coaster itself looks rather lame and completely unthrilling.

Some people, wow.

At least I have actually been on that ride and know how incredibly wrong you are about that!

Not that I think Knott's is getting an Aquatrax, but that style of ride is a ton of fun and I would love to see something similar at knott's!

Honestly, I'd be happy with an Infinity Coaster. Seems like the kind of thing that could pack a lot of thrills into that small footprint, and there aren't any Eurofighters / Infinity Coasters on the west coast.

I've seen the Intamin aquatrax POV. Sucks. Looks like a water coaster going down a flume but with no water. The coaster itself looks rather lame and completely unthrilling.

I don't think

would agree that its "lame and completely unthrilling", and they're actually riding the thing. Never judge a ride based on a POV. And never forget this hobby is about fun, not big/steep/fast everything.

Maybe I'm being too critical. The aquatrax looks like a nice family coaster. I guess just I'm hoping for something more intense. Knotts has enough family coasters and most are fun but they need a few more intense thrills.

On a different note i'm curious if all those flashes and sparks last night were cutting or welding. What are the chances they keep the existing station foundation? Can't tell from this angle but the existing track trench might be be in a straight line with the backside of the new resturant building. You mention the resturant takes up a lot of space they could have used for a new ride. Kind of indicates to me that if they don't remove Sky Cabin then they very well might have the lift hill go up behind the BBQ and wrap around the tower. That would be the best use of space allowing for virtually all of the old Boom and Rip Tide space to be used for the main body of the ride.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

^^ Here is a better straight up POV without the terrible music (sorry Robb lol),

I linked to the other one due to the copious amounts of rider footage, which I think does a great job of showing that sometimes rides are just simply fun because they're fun. I think it looks like a crapton of fun, but I wouldn't necessarily hope for one. I think the whole aquatrax meme is cute because at this point its like this small mythical beast that only exists in bumblef*ck South Korea and nowhere else.

I'd say to hide the hideous look of the bottom that needed painting. They just found a quick fix...lol

It actually fits the dark edge they did a week or two ago. Now the dark peeled paint areas look like beds of undersea coral.

By the way they really need to line the edge with some wood posts so it actually looks like a Boardwalk.

Curious. Last night the back-hoe was digging in the area immediate adjacent to the station platform, which I am convinced will remain and be reused. As you can see in the first picture it looks like the back-hoe is digging a trench of sorts around itself, leaving itself high an dry on an island of dirt. Now in daylight we can clearly see that the pile of crushed concrete is much smaller and there appears to be a bunch of it in the area that the back-hoe was digging, just inside the fence on the left side of the dark turned up dirt area. We can also clearly see that the right side of that dark turned up dirt area has been raised up leaving the pile of concrete in a sort of depression. I believe that we are beginning to see the first bits of construction rather than deconstruction.

345764650_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.483f4be4d6cbc009033f2670820e2bc5.png

177592639_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.9eef50a6bd856e2c2784c4fd87c449d6.png