TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'm not sure how we got here lol. What I have heard is that ***KNOTTS*** (ie Cedar Fair) considers it part of the history of the park. Whether that has changed or not is of course, entirely up to them.

Hopefully we can all move on now?

...What happens if a car get stuck?..

It doesn't. It slowly rolls back Maverick style.

So only 1 car is allowed on the upclimb at a time on that big tower? That would slow down capacity.

Its going to be an LIM launch up the lift, so how long do you think it will take to get up that tower?

...What happens if a car get stuck?..

It doesn't. It slowly rolls back Maverick style.

So only 1 car is allowed on the upclimb at a time on that big tower? That would slow down capacity.

Its going to be an LIM launch up the lift, so how long do you think it will take to get up that tower?

A slow motion climb like Lex Luthor would be scarier actually lol.

I think it's time for the Polarcoaster discussion to move off the Knott's forum.

Back to Knott's. Which is more likely? Boom goes to go another CF park or is sold to a smaller park somewhere?

The former would be my best guess. However, I'm just going off by feeling and don't have anything to support that, which brings me to an important point: this isn't really a great topic either. The whole Cedar Fair standards regarding not relocating/not relocating rides within the chain is pretty controversial too... nor is their isn't sufficient evidence to conclude anything about their policy, and the assumption must be made that policy can change...

TLDR: you're inquiring about a pretty null topic

^ I'm not sure why they would. They already have a GIB which boomerang will be immediately compared too. Why waste the money and land when they could get something that would generate more excitement in the region?

Honestly, though. I think the world will be fine if there is one less vekoma boomerang in the world.

I still believe that if CF keeps boomerang in the chain, it's likely going to Michigan's Adventure.

It would be a good fit there and the upper midwest currently has no boomerangs, so it could be marketed as something new and unique to the region. The closest standard boomerangs to MA are at CW (~320 miles away) and at SFStl (~400 miles away). KI (~300 miles away) has an invertigo.

I still believe that if CF keeps boomerang in the chain, it's likely going to Michigan's Adventure.

It would be a good fit there and the upper midwest currently has no boomerangs, so it could be marketed as something new and unique to the region. The closest standard boomerangs to MA are at CW (~320 miles away) and at SFStl (~400 miles away). KI (~300 miles away) has an invertigo.

Agreed, MiA makes the most sense if they keep the ride in the CF family. There's also a possibility that it gets sold to a park in Asia or Europe, although I feel that is much less likely.

The Knott's Hotel is running a 15% off special if you book by 6/30/17 and stay by 8/17/17 using the promo code IMBACK. The Knott's hotel is right next to the park (less than a 5 min walk to the front gate). It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it's a decent property (used to be a Radisson) and you can't beat the location.

So this photo was posted on the Knott's Network Facebook page. All rights to them. It appears that the concrete footings of Boomerang's cobra roll themselves have actually been ground down, leaving the existing concrete slab.

Does that mean the slab is staying? If it were going away then why take the time to remove the footings flush to the slab? Just rip the whole thing. Makes you wonder.

By the way. I'm looking at the backside of the Calico Mine Ride show building in this photo and it got me thinking. They should put a rock facade on the back of the building similar to what is in the front. It would make the area look like it was along the southern California coastline somewhere and really add to the whole beach boardwalk scene.

I don't think it means anything except they're not ready to tear out more concrete yet. Could just be they want the area flat for construction vehicle access.

Knott's Network posted a picture of a work permit filed by the park. Demo of Boom, and the Hat Shop, and California Sports and an electrical room is costing $350,000. Obvious I assume the buildings will be simply razed but Boom is clearly being dismantled. I tried to share the pic but Photobucket is being dumb.

Knott's Network posted a picture of a work permit filed by the park. Demo of Boom, and the Hat Shop, and California Sports and an electrical room is costing $350,000. Obvious I assume the buildings will be simply razed but Boom is clearly being dismantled. I tried to share the pic but Photobucket is being dumb.

It's better to copy the image address from the picture & post using the image tag vs. saving the pic to re-upload (I'm sure it saves room on TPR's servers too).

like this:

18274957_10211259356793125_853731259156826124_n.jpg?oh=93121197c7cd71cc3d453dd3c31e10fb&oe=59B1929A

(Credit to David Nedswine in Knott's Network Forums on Facebook)

Also-

Bye Bye Support top:

Kbfbooomerangsupportremovaltop.thumb.jpg.989889e3fc8b0565000c4bc6b747587e.jpg

Kbfbooomerangsupportremovaltop2.thumb.jpg.8967df565b72b62ced7b2092455b1d7f.jpg