TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'm taking a guess here but due to the small space...I think Knott's is getting an Intamin. But this Intamin...

What is that?

Did anyone remember when Intamin introduced their 2nd generation ZacSpins last year? The S&S 4D spins aren't that low capacity coaster everyone thinks they are...They aren't that bad. I think Cedar Fair may be interested in these Intamin versions. According to this vid, I don't see any over the shoulder restraints so this ride might actually be pretty awesome with just a lap restraint. I don't think anyone has built one of these 2nd generation zac spins yet so who's to say knott's wouldn't be a good fit for this?

Ugh I hope not. ZacSpins sucks and the FreeSpin looks just as bad.

These are an obvious redesign of the ZacSpins and look to be a much more comfortable ride like the FreeSpins, which fill a niche and are at least re-rideable.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

If so hopefully they actually spin unlike Green Lantern.

GhostRider

May 8 - May 26

Coast Rider

May 15 - May 19

Sky Cabin

Now - TBD

Has Sky Cabin been running since the accident, or has it been closed all that time?

Also randomly put the webcam on and saw a guy with his headlight looking at the ground inspecting it, followed by a guy who looked to be spray hosing something, maybe a train? Then another guy came with a cart and they both looked at the ground. Then some more spraying at the ground. There was even a minute where they went up to the Generator or whatever that is leaning against the fence where they took turns trying to pull start it with no success lol. (Talking about the ground where you cross in front of the train.) Interesting that they do work at this hour with the bad weather and wet ground.

58.thumb.jpg.60f746270fe3da6f931011bcb205a9db.jpg

GhostRider

May 8 - May 26

Coast Rider

May 15 - May 19

Sky Cabin

Now - TBD

Has Sky Cabin been running since the accident, or has it been closed all that time?

It's been closed ever since.

PS: Am I the only one that hates the Knott's system of announcing ride closures? They only put them up on the website when the ride actually closes or at most a few days prior to the closure. I wish they did something like this or this.

GhostRider

May 8 - May 26

Coast Rider

May 15 - May 19

Sky Cabin

Now - TBD

It's been closed ever since.

PS: Am I the only one that hates the Knott's system of announcing ride closures? They only put them up on the website when the ride actually closes or at most a few days prior to the closure. I wish they did something like this or this.

The way I see it is... at least they post them. They may not give a ton of notice, but it's better than going to the park and finding your favorite ride is closed. It could be better, but it could be worse.

^ I agree with coasterbill. For locals it's not a big deal as you have the chance to go back pretty much when you want. It's a whole other story for people that plan trips from faraway places. Sure rides go down last minute due to the unforeseeable. However, if it's planned maintenance, wouldn't it make better sense to do like the competition and post well in advance? All year-round parks should have this available since they don't get an off season.

^ I agree with coasterbill. For locals it's not a big deal as you have the chance to go back pretty much when you want. It's a whole other story for people that plan trips from faraway places. Sure rides go down last minute due to the unforeseeable. However, if it's planned maintenance, wouldn't it make better sense to do like the competition and post well in advance? All year-round parks should have this available since they don't get an off season.

I see where you're coming from. I never looked at it from that perspective.

So if Coast Rider is closed from the 15-19... maybe they're removing the shin guards? Lol. Doubtful, but that would be nice. I understand the need/want for the "side" guards that prevent people from sticking their leg out, but the actual shin bars themselves are completely ridiculous.

Busch Gardens Tampa and Mall of America are not competition. The majority of Knott's business comes from locals.

Disneyland will tell you if a ride is closed for refurbishment if you search the show/attractions schedule on the day of your visit, but not when something will return. Not the most user friendly, but better than nothing. Magic Mountain and USH don't publish that information at all.

I missed out on seeing how awful Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin was (which I was genuinely looking forward to---I wanted to see if a ride could really be that bad ) because it wasn't published that it was only open weekends. Didn't end up phasing me because I realized I was in Orlando on vacation.

Edited by Jew

Hey quick question for KBF locals (or anyone else in the know...)

We're headed down to SoCal in July and are interested in visiting the park. Years ago they used to offer a twilight pass (I believe it was 4pm - 10pm or something like that...) I couldn't find anything on the website but wondered if they didn't start advertising/promoting it until summer.

Do they still have something like this or do they not offer it anymore?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Knott's Network posted some more pics of the construction going on around the park.

Boomerang's station and the support towers for the inversions have been removed, leaving only the two lift hills still standing.

18402010_10211761310404298_1190223816328305509_o.thumb.jpg.bcc8d814e7e0c6037ffc72674e3143f9.jpg

^Very true, however the GP may get confused. I would actually love to see some blue/purple/teal come to the Boardwalk, like Mako's color scheme or similar. The park has so many reds, oranges, and yellows already. And who knows, maybe when/if they add a new coaster here, Xcelerator will get some fresh paint as well

^Very true, however the GP may get confused.

How so?

In hindsight, I guess that was stupid to say. My thought process was just that a brand new yellow/green coaster would make the GP think Boomerang never left, but I guess Knott's wouldn't care if people are going to ride it regardless. I've heard people say dumb things (like Boomerang is just Corkscrew with new paint), so I guess my expectations are low.

It's going to be so weird looking at the Mine Ride without Boomerang's towers behind it, but hopefully an even better sight will be there next year.

Tuesday, May 9th, pretty much 5-minute wait or less for everything. Sol Spin was working during my visit.

IMG_20170509_123637.thumb.jpg.a9e705e74a24ccecf7a3aff163bc5493.jpg

BBQ

IMG_20170509_125328.thumb.jpg.d81614ee71634e271bcfde5a0d087b2e.jpg

Not much left

IMG_20170509_125624.thumb.jpg.4641474d529bd1929fa1618a816393e5.jpg

Not much left

IMG_20170509_131332.thumb.jpg.dd210365f40c0d303f80e0adcdfd77fd.jpg

Boomerang track and train cars are sitting in field next to burned fire station.

IMG_20170509_125456.thumb.jpg.818ac227f0b2e139659eb2cef66daaa2.jpg

They have started repainting the walls of the splashdown pool. Light rain today so no work.