TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Us up in Michigan will gladly take your boomerang if we get new vest restraints. Then we could have the best SLC and the best Boomerang!

I read a report somewhere that CF recently bought a new Vekoma MK1212 train last month. So along with the care with which they are dismantling Boom it looks like it is going somewhere in the chain.

Us up in Michigan will gladly take your boomerang if we get new vest restraints. Then we could have the best SLC and the best Boomerang!

I read a report somewhere that CF recently bought a new Vekoma MK1212 train last month. So along with the care with which they are dismantling Boom it looks like it is going somewhere in the chain.

I've seen countless people now say "I've heard/read that CF purchased a Vekoma train" but I have yet to see any type of source. I would love to be proved wrong and linked to a source, but are we sure this isn't just something enthusiasts made up?

I'm going to make a prediction. Just putting this out there. The new ride will be a coaster. Specifically a giga dive coaster. It will be at least 330 feet tall and 5,000 feet long. It will have 2 vertical drops, one dropping below grade, one beyond vertical. 5 inversions including the first vertical loop on a dive coaster. The name will be Centurian.

Although it isn't mentioned that it's going away (it's also not listed on the website under rides), I wouldn't be shocked if Sky Cabin was removed after they get Boomerang out of the way. There would be plenty of room to drop it right there.

I've heard for years that Sky Cabin can't be touched because the 'K' is a historical landmark. I was told that it's exact location in the sky is protected. I do know that Knott's originally planned to put Windseeker in Sky Cabin's spot but it would have to have been the same height and that 'K' replaced exactly. SC is 100 feet shorter than WS and it would have cost too much to refit SC into a swing ride.

They should just take out the Sky Cabin and get a customized support structure for the new coaster's lift hill that will have the "K" in it at the exact height it needs to be.

They should just take out the Sky Cabin and get a customized support structure for the new coaster's lift hill that will have the "K" in it at the exact height it needs to be.

No GPS on the planet is exact eniugh. The most accurate military grade ones are still off by millimeters and trust me, the state of California would be a stickler for that.

There is no listing for the tower (K on Sky Cabin) on any registers I can find declaring it a historical landmark. The only source I found (so far) that calls it an historic landmark is theme park insider (which I will not post links to). What I have found is that it was likely a rumor due to the change of Windseeker's location. If I'm wrong please provide a credible source, otherwise it's just a rumor.

I went to the park today. The new water park slides look pretty much complete. Sol Spin was being worked on by mechanics during the couple of hours that I was there but I don't know if it opened later. The new BBQ restaurant near Sky Tower is going vertical. Boomerang is coming down. The Splashdown pool is being stripped. Not much else to report except that doesn't Boysenberry punch look refreshing?

IMG_20170428_104042.thumb.jpg.1b983b997c432634a1ec3d5bba1c4c09.jpg

New slides

IMG_20170428_112712.thumb.jpg.cf9dae3ddfefca799f1ee46902f1ec14.jpg

Future BBQ

IMG_20170428_112738.thumb.jpg.551ebb9fa2e287170233757764c7c22d.jpg

Future BBQ

IMG_20170428_112742.thumb.jpg.ade2eb8a8605133ec68369947ba28ff8.jpg

Future BBQ

IMG_20170428_113113.thumb.jpg.768327ddf5ce2250d108b278e7e79198.jpg

I miss looking at you; but not riding you.

IMG_20170428_115438.thumb.jpg.487fcee2c52a61d9c072fadef10bf362.jpg

Refreshing Boysenberry punch, buy one now!

IMG_20170428_125455.thumb.jpg.5c48983a6a0bc24fa47a5a4067ac5d62.jpg

Still breaking in

No work on boomerang tonight. Everything's dark. Doubt we'll see any movement until Sunday night or Monday at the earliest. Also I wonder if the delayed vertical construction on the boardwalk BBQ has to do with potential design of a ride to replace boomerangs as sol spin construction started later I believe and theoretically would be more complicated then building a restaurant.

There is no listing for the tower (K on Sky Cabin) on any registers I can find declaring it a historical landmark.

My bullsh*t meter has been off the charts on this rumor ever since the first time I heard it. This screams of something that enthusiasts completely made up and have repeated enough times that it's now accepted as fact.

I went to the park today. The new water park slides look pretty much complete. Sol Spin was being worked on by mechanics during the couple of hours that I was there but I don't know if it opened later. The new BBQ restaurant near Sky Tower is going vertical. Boomerang is coming down. The Splashdown pool is being stripped. Not much else to report except that doesn't Boysenberry punch look refreshing?

Loved the pictures ..have not been too that place in like 8 years ..seems like forever . So much changed boy oh boy.

On the far left side of that one photo we can see steel girders on integrated into the new Boardwalk BBQ. Any chance it has anything to do with whatever replaces Boom?

I think the steel portion is the shaded part you would stand under to order counter service or possibly an entry porch. The rest of the building will probably be stucco so they just nail over wood framing.

There is no listing for the tower (K on Sky Cabin) on any registers I can find declaring it a historical landmark.

My bullsh*t meter has been off the charts on this rumor ever since the first time I heard it. This screams of something that enthusiasts completely made up and have repeated enough times that it's now accepted as fact.

Yeah, I second this... I've always found this rumor/legend very peculiar...

As completely awesome as it would be to have a B&M Giga here, that would also be the ugliest placement for a coaster in the world. I don't think Matt Ouimet wants to pull another Silver Bullet.

Would it be worth it though?

I would enjoy a nice monorail system that goes through and around the park, and connects with the hotel.

But that ain't gonna happen, any time soon. Still, it would be nice...

Took this today but really no progress since the last photos. Fun fact: Knott's no longer sells lids and straws for their drinks. I haven't been to the park ages so this is new to me. Looks like they went the SeaWorld route except at least SeaWorld has the biodegradable straws if I remember correctly.

20170430_185622.thumb.jpg.09209df3a1b9bb7b6e77f0d7e2c060f1.jpg