TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Does anyone know the shop name between boomerang and the old riptide site? I think it used to be perilous paraphernalia... it's still open as of today, you gotta think that's on the chopping block as well???

California Ports

Hey I figured it out! This were posted over on Knott's Network's Facebook page. All rights to them.

This is from Tuesday showing what they did Monday night.

This is from Wednesday (today) showing what they did Tuesday night.

Looks to be a segment per night like I said earlier.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Does anyone know the shop name between boomerang and the old riptide site? I think it used to be perilous paraphernalia... it's still open as of today, you gotta think that's on the chopping block as well???

California Ports

Oddly enough that shop is no longer on the official park map. Weird that it's still open. Knott's Interactive Map

Looks like they are removing merchandise from it now that the park is closed for the day:knottsmerchremoval.jpg.d7d2177fd9dd57a20f3d5974a0be26ef.jpg

California Ports

Oddly enough that shop is no longer on the official park map. Weird that it's still open. Knott's Interactive Map

Looks like they are removing merchandise from it now that the park is closed for the day:[attachment=0]knottsmerchremoval.jpg[/attachment]

I wonder why today. Why not after this weekend? Not last weekend? Why the middle of the week? I mean it looks they still have stock to sell. Why not just close it when they put up the wall And get it over with?

California Ports

Looks like they are removing merchandise from it now that the park is closed for the day:[attachment=0]knottsmerchremoval.jpg[/attachment]

I wonder why today. Why not after this weekend? Not last weekend? Why the middle of the week? I mean it looks they still have stock to sell. Why not just close it when they put up the wall And get it over with?

From what I've noticed, that shop hardly gets any business... even before everything with Boomerang happened. I NEVER saw any customers in there. The poor employee always sat there and looked bored. The apparel there was never all that "trendy" or appealing anyway. Somebody else might argue differently, but that's what I've noticed from my many observations over the years. Maybe they just decided to close the shop and cut their losses?

And there is pretty much a 100% chance that shop is getting scrapped (or at least heavily remodeled) if the new ride replacing Boomerang is indeed something of large scale.

saw a white van drive towards the front of the park at 2:02 am then at 2:12 am this golf cart stopped at the entrance of the the bridge and one guy walked across the bridge with a bag.

Well there you go. It must be a B&M dive machine. Mystery solved people.

This play by play of every little thing on the boardwalk is both disturbing and entertaining at the same time.

When's the last time Knotts built a substantial roller coaster? Expect this to get much, much worse.

Substantial? Bullet 2004.

Since then we've had:

Sierra Sidewinder 2007.

Pony Express 2008.

Coast Rider 2013.

Ghost Rider refurbished 2016.

This play by play of every little thing on the boardwalk is both disturbing and entertaining at the same time.

When's the last time Knotts built a substantial roller coaster? Expect this to get much, much worse.

Right now we are just discussing the obvious (boomerang is being removed and construction walls are up). It's ridiculous and awesome at the same time. We can get excited when we see new footers.