TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Having not been to Knott's in over 20 years, I was very surprised how well the layout now worked in the park, including

the placement of Silver Bullet. When you enter the main gate, it's a matter of going to the left (Ghost Town) or the right

(Thrill and Family Amusement Park). I loved the final 'helix' over the water on SB. Very intense and awesome! And I always

got a kick out of actually seeing the cobra roll from the front gate, and the Sierra Sidewinder at the side, past the fence.

And then seeing Ghost Rider command the entire left view of the park.

IMhO.

EDIT: And just because, after this past visit, Knott's is now one of the very few parks I have been to, around the world,

whose coasters I would want to ride again. All of them.

IMG_1892.JPG.443d009e1a0fe1593eea9a776c3bb6d8.JPG

Sept.09, 2016 - Pre-WCB shot.

Agreed. Silver Bullet was great, and I rode it and Ghostrider an equal number of times. The helix over the lake was very good and very forceful; I got that tingling feeling in my feet that I've experienced on Batman and Raptor. I heard prior to WCB that Silver Bullet was a very weak invert, but I liked it more than Banshee and Patriot, and it was definitely more forceful than either of those.

But with the new track work, Ghostrider is absolutely the star of this park, and it totally deserves to be. I love Ghost Town, and spent a lot of my day in that area. Knott's is an amazing theme park, and it deserves such a crown as Ghostrider.

^ Yeah I kept walking by it, and it was either down for "something," or packed for the outside seating...or empty in the queue.

But I didn't ride it. So - next visit, I guess, hmm?

By the way, did you see (or ask) if they let people sit inside of the coach? Just curious.

IMG_2058.JPG.d97b75d65ff3e7d14a2263479cbd5681.JPG

Closest I got to the Stage Coach ride. WCB Day.

Edited by Nrthwnd

^ Below is the past summer map for the park. It "roughly" shows the Silver Bullet's circuit, including that Cobra Roll up by the park's entrance.

2058849725_KBFParkMapSummer2016.jpg.4790e960e5568013b39e8a4fffdbab3c.jpg

....And the stage coach run, is that long golden pathway around Silver Bullet, and around the right bottom 1/4 of the park.

Just to stir the pot...

Park News - (10/20/16) While some earlier rumors suggested that Boomerang was being considered for retirement at Knott's Berry Farm, another new rumor or two are making the rounds that tells quite a different story. According one rumor, Boomerang may actually stay at Knott's, if the park decides to take follow what Carowind's did with their Boomerang style coaster, and instead buy the new style train design from Vekoma, which features a much more comfortable and soft restraint system that really takes most of the head-banging away. Along with this, the rumor suggests that a new flat ride of somekind may be dropped in next to the Boomerang as well to help vitalize the area.

While this isn't a terrible idea at all, it just isn't the mega-coaster that Knott's fans have been waiting well over a decade for the park to jump on. This is where a second rumor rears an ugly head with a tale that does make me slightly sick to my stomach. I'm taking this one with a huge grain of salt, simply because I do not wish it to be true at all, and this is just a very early whisper. That said... this rumor suggests that the rumors of a coaster removal plan are still indeed true, and that the victim could end up being good old Montezooma's Revenge.

It has been suggested that the long thin layout of Monty could be put to use for another coaster project in the future, even taking over some nearby space, such as sections of Camp Snoopy. A new coaster is always good... but I would be terribly sad to see Monty go.

-Screamscape (Link)

To be fair though, Screamscape also reported that Knoebels is "teasing" a Skywheel "for 2017" and a few weeks ago they said that Kings Dominion was going to replace Shenandoah Lumber Company with a launched flying coaster and it's now obvious that they're (not surprisingly) Iron Horsing Hurler.

Personally I'd love for them to remove Monezooma because Dorney needs a new coaster and I'd love to have it so close to home.

Just to stir the pot...

Park News - (10/20/16) While some earlier rumors suggested that Boomerang was being considered for retirement at Knott's Berry Farm, another new rumor or two are making the rounds that tells quite a different story. According one rumor, Boomerang may actually stay at Knott's, if the park decides to take follow what Carowind's did with their Boomerang style coaster, and instead buy the new style train design from Vekoma, which features a much more comfortable and soft restraint system that really takes most of the head-banging away. Along with this, the rumor suggests that a new flat ride of somekind may be dropped in next to the Boomerang as well to help vitalize the area.

While this isn't a terrible idea at all, it just isn't the mega-coaster that Knott's fans have been waiting well over a decade for the park to jump on. This is where a second rumor rears an ugly head with a tale that does make me slightly sick to my stomach. I'm taking this one with a huge grain of salt, simply because I do not wish it to be true at all, and this is just a very early whisper. That said... this rumor suggests that the rumors of a coaster removal plan are still indeed true, and that the victim could end up being good old Montezooma's Revenge.

It has been suggested that the long thin layout of Monty could be put to use for another coaster project in the future, even taking over some nearby space, such as sections of Camp Snoopy. A new coaster is always good... but I would be terribly sad to see Monty go.

-Screamscape (Link)

To be fair though, Screamscape also reported that Knoebels is "teasing" a Skywheel "for 2017" and a few weeks ago they said that Kings Dominion was going to replace Shenandoah Lumber Company with a launched flying coaster and it's now obvious that they're (not surprisingly) Iron Horsing Hurler.

Personally I'd love for them to remove Monezooma because Dorney needs a new coaster and I'd love to have it so close to home.

I'm all for the park keeping Boomerang, it seems to have good ridership and it helps alleviate the line for Xcelerator. I'd hate to see Monte go, but at some point it may just be too expensive to maintain. Monte was my first coaster with a loop and it was also my kids' first looping coaster, so it definitely has a lot of nostalgia value for me. But if Knott's replaces Monte with a B&M hyper, I won't be mad at them!

I really hope they do not remove Monty! Cedar Fair please do not remove this classic coaster. Just retrofit it with some magnetic brakes and maybe a lighter coaster train. Maybe turn the trains around, repaint it a different color and re brand it as, The Revenge of Montezuma!

I really hope they do not remove Monty! Cedar Fair please do not remove this classic coaster. Just retrofit it with some magnetic brakes and maybe a lighter coaster train. Maybe turn the trains around, repaint it a different color and re brand it as, The Revenge of Montezuma!

I absolutely love the idea of turning the train around. Launching into a backwards loop sounds fun!

If Monte is really on the way out, what do you guys think of this idea for a hyper?

How about the same layout, but leaving Montezooma and replacing Jaguar? It's never more than a ten minute wait, it's rough, boring, and the park now has a surplus of family coasters. What if this is why Knott's has been adding all these smaller coasters? In preparation of removing the aging Zierer and adding a B&M hyper?

^ I rode it this past Sept. WCB visit, and after 20+ years (first riding it, back in 1996) it was pretty rough along the route.

I think that Knott's could give some "repair care" to Jaguar, and bring it back to it's original sleek smoothness, that more families can enjoy.

Besides all the big stuff everybody's hoping for.

I too have nostalgia for montezumas revenge and would be sad to see it go, but that rendering kinda makes sense in a lot of ways. A hyper is going to need a long stretch of land for the lift and other elements and taking Monty out fits this need. Plus, the fact that the "coaster run"has been moved to magic mountain due to construction kinda makes you think the front of the park will be under construction.... maybe the entrance will get a makeover too?? Just a thought

If Monte is really on the way out, what do you guys think of this idea for a hyper?

Matt Ouimet hates how obtrusive the construction of Bullet was, and I imagine this would look exactly the same.

Removing Zoom would be a bad idea, imo. It takes up almost no space, so what would realistically be gained by removing it?

i waited half an hour for Jaguar when I was there. How about the reason Knott's has a bunch of family coasters is that familes are the target audience?

How many trains? Long ride+1 train=long wait for ride.