TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Knotts was MOBBED Saturday night. Shadowlands's line went all the way to Johnny Rockets and Paranormal's line went to Ghostrider's exit. They were pumping people through though. Shadowlands took about 70 minutes and Paranormal was about 80. Tooth Fairy was 5 min or less the whole night.

Knotts was MOBBED Saturday night. Shadowlands's line went all the way to Johnny Rockets and Paranormal's line went to Ghostrider's exit. They were pumping people through though. Shadowlands took about 70 minutes and Paranormal was about 80. Tooth Fairy was 5 min or less the whole night.

The craziest line I saw was for Red Barn. For a maze at Wilderness Dance Hall, with switchbacks set up in the cemetery, the line stretched through Calico Square and had to start using the Train Station queue. Don't know what it translates to in time, but I was dumbfounded.

Curious to see if anyone's experienced a "slow" day at Haunt yet? I'm glad they're pulling some huge crowds, but I'm hoping to visit on a bit more of a dead night. Aiming for a Thursday or a Sunday I guess.

Either one will be better than the crowds you'd see on a Saturday. Last Saturday was sold out completely.

Curious to see if anyone's experienced a "slow" day at Haunt yet? I'm glad they're pulling some huge crowds, but I'm hoping to visit on a bit more of a dead night. Aiming for a Thursday or a Sunday I guess.

Definitely pays to go earlier in the season. We went Thursday Sept 29 for the first 2 hours and at least during that time it wasn't bad at all. Infected was probably hour+ soon after opening but Shadowlands, Red Barn, Winter, Tooth, & Gunslinger were all walk-ons during the first hour+. Paranormal was backing up a bit because of the preshow, but still probably < 30 minutes. Voodoo had a short line. Didn't try Ghostrider. Xcellerator and SS were walk-ons.

No such thing anymore. Selling those passes has turned the typical slow days into pass holder days.

I went last Thursday and was surprised at how "dead" it was. All of the mazes were a walk-on at some point except for Paranormal (which became short at the end of the night). I was able to hit all of the mazes and Infected without Fright Lane with time to spare (waited 45 minutes for Infected). My guess is that future Thursdays will be busy and my visit was just early in the season.

Traditionally, Halloween is very slow, but it was totally packed last year. I think Jew hit it on the head, the pass holders are a wild card that makes crowd prediction very difficult. Being on a Monday this year may help thin the herd out a bit.

Traditionally, Halloween is very slow, but it was totally packed last year. I think Jew hit it on the head, the pass holders are a wild card that makes crowd prediction very difficult. Being on a Monday this year may help thin the herd out a bit.

Thanks for the tips, all. Yeah, we went last year and it was a busy night for sure. We were still able to do almost all of the mazes, but the crowd patterns established in past years seem to be somewhat obsolete now. Hoping to make it down there at some point, but we'll see how it goes.

Looking at a Feb 2017 visit - what should I expect for crowds?

Looks like they are open every weekday even in Feb?

Going as a single rider - any rides that can't be rode w/o a pair?

If you go on a weekday, the park will be dead and everything should be a walk-on. Knott's is open 364 days a year, the only day they close is Christmas. I love visiting the park on weekdays in the offseason, it's like having ERT on every single ride. You can't ride solo on the Log Ride, but they will pair you up with other riders, so you should be fine. Knott's does a lot of their annual ride maintenance in Jan-Mar, so I would expect at least one major ride to be down when you visit. They do a good job of listing the closures on their website though, so just check the site before you go. When I visited the park this past January, the log ride was down and then Montezuma was down when I visited in February.

^ I'm just curious, but....when you went in February, was it during their annual Boysenberry Festival?

Or is that at a later time. I forget. I am still considering visiting during that, in place of a Sept. visit.

If so, how was it during your visit as far as weather went, crowds......food?

IMG_2539.JPG.dd2e1071feee48abb7472eb165a8473b.JPG

I got Boysenberry Everything, when I was down at Knott's last month.

^ I'm just curious, but....when you went in February, was it during their annual Boysenberry Festival?

Or is that at a later time. I forget. I am still considering visiting during that, in place of a Sept. visit.

If so, how was it during your visit as far as weather went, crowds......food?

The Boysenberry Festival is usually in late March/early April and takes place during Spring Break. The festival typically goes for two weeks and the park is more crowded than usual due to both the festival and kids being out of school. That said, it is a great time to visit because of all the wonderful food & beverage options. Plus the weather is usually pretty good (75 degrees and sunny) during that time as well. But if you want the park to be dead so you can marathon the rides, then I would go on a weekday in February.

1507019344_ScreenShot2016-10-17at7_56_28PM.png.5ae47f184a5e86d6c3c764175b8c9e03.png

" Knott’s Berry Farm told us that they had construction planned inside the park that would prevent the event from traveling through the property."

hmm, wonder what's going to be in the pathway that a 5k/10k couldn't run through? or, maybe they're just going to repave some parts. this race has been going on for a number of years. could be something, could be nothing.

I would take that with a grain of salt. I think the most we will see next year is a flat ride in Windseeker's spot, and even that's being hopeful.

Anyway, I'm gonna buy my 2017 pass very soon. Can't wait to check out Soak City next summer, it's been WAY too long since I've been to a quality water park.

I would take that with a grain of salt. I think the most we will see next year is a flat ride in Windseeker's spot, and even that's being hopeful.

Anyway, I'm gonna buy my 2017 pass very soon. Can't wait to check out Soak City next summer, it's been WAY too long since I've been to a quality water park.

With the 2017 additions focused on the waterpark (which really needed updating), I would bet that the 2018 addition will be some kind of ride. If the construction is starting in 2017, then there's a big possibility that it's a coaster. A simple flat ride addition wouldn't need a year of construction to install. The last major thrill coaster at Knott's was Silver Bullet back in 2004, so 2018 would be 14 years between major coasters. I know that they've added PE, SS, and Coast Rider since 2004, but I wouldn't call any of them major coasters. It would be amazing to finally have a B&M hyper on the West Coast and it would really round out the coaster collection at the park. Knott's has the highest attendance of any CF park, so it's time they got a major coaster addition.

If you renew your season pass before 10/31/16, it's only $81 for the standard pass and $96.75 for the Gold pass (which includes Soak City). Plus, they break up the payment into 9 installments and you get a free Bring a Friend ticket. If you are going to renew your pass, now is the time to do it. The price for new season passes is $90 for the standard and $105.75 for Gold (both payable in 9 installments), which is still really a good deal.

Edited by VegasBaby

With the 2017 additions focused on the waterpark (which really needed updating), I would bet that the 2018 addition will be some kind of ride. If the construction is starting in 2017, then there's a big possibility that it's a coaster. A simple flat ride addition wouldn't need a year of construction to install. The last major thrill coaster at Knott's was Silver Bullet back in 2004, so 2018 would be 14 years between major coasters. I know that they've added PE, SS, and Coast Rider since 2004, but I wouldn't call any of them major coasters. It would be amazing to finally have a B&M hyper on the West Coast and it would really round out the coaster collection at the park. Knott's has the highest attendance of any CF park, so it's time they got a major coaster addition.

If you renew your season pass before 10/31/16, it's only $81 for the standard pass and $96.75 for the Gold pass (which includes Soak City). Plus, they break up the payment into 9 installments and you get a free Bring a Friend ticket. If you are going to renew your pass, now is the time to do it. The price for new season passes is $90 for the standard and $105.75 for Gold (payable in 9 installments), which is still really a good deal.

I agree about the new coaster. Sometime in the next 5 years I would LOVE to see a B&M Hyper at the park. As long as it's well-placed and fits with the character of the park (looking at you Silver Bullet), I'm in full support.

And thanks for the tips on the pass. I've had a Knott's pass every year for probably the last decade or more; 2016 was the first year I didn't get one, so I won't be renewing. I'll probably be getting the Platinum Pass too since I'm going to college this year and will have the freedom to drive up to CGA and FINALLY check out that park!

Question: Does the Cedar Fair Platinum Pass include Gilroy Gardens? I tried checking their website, but it's a little vague.

I agree about the new coaster. Sometime in the next 5 years I would LOVE to see a B&M Hyper at the park. As long as it's well-placed and fits with the character of the park (looking at you Silver Bullet), I'm in full support.

I think for the first time in years, I'm actually not worried about CF poorly throwing in a coaster at Knott's! The current agenda has done a phenomenal job at keeping the historical value of the park, with Ghost Town Alive!, and rejuvenating the spirit of Knott's instead of altering, with the renovation of Ghostrider. I really believe that the next big addition won't be another awful Silver Bullet move.

if i didn't read this forum, i'd never even think silver bullet was in a bad spot. personally, i like it over the water. lol i also enjoy the ride, even with the ramp it uses to gain it's momentum.

Totally agree John, I love the placement of Silver Bullet. The cobra roll looks great looming over the entrance to the park and I love coasters that travel over water. SB is one of my favorite B&M inverts and it probably has the highest ridership in the park.