TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Was that Ghostrider photo taken right at opening?

Do you share the seat belt on Ghostrider or is there one per seat?

there's one per seat. i'd guess that's how the ghostrider line was most of the day. during the off season, it's really dead.

^ When I first rode GR during WCB, I wasn't too keen on seeing a seat belt and a middle divider there....at first.

Then I rode the coaster, and it was hardly even thought of. In fact, I felt like that final helix was going to take

me out of the seat, LOL!

Great ride.

IMG_2072.JPG.a1afa33ae4064322870cab89856f6d3a.JPG

And totally AWESOME at night! Pardon the fuzziness. I was in awe of it's greatness.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I took the photos of Ghostrider at approx 12:30 pm and 1 pm. I ran over to Ghostrider at opening but there was a 3 train wait for the first half-hour and it was busier then.

I took the photos of Ghostrider at approx 12:30 pm and 1 pm. I ran over to Ghostrider at opening but there was a 3 train wait for the first half-hour and it was busier then.

Some great eatables I picked up during WCB, of Knott's Berry Market brand stuff.

And we're pretty much through most of everything, except the spices, lol!

Unfortunately, Knott's does does not ship across the border.

IMG_2539.JPG.566160e3731b8c27a730adb39f708d69.JPG

All yumyumyumyumyumyummmmmmm. (o; And all very much supported, by locals.

We're going to Knott's this Thursday the 6th. Since it's a Thursday, does anyone recommend getting the Fast and/or Fright pass? I know with the Fright Pass you get the extra skeleton room keys but I'm also wondering if Fast Lane for the coasters is recommended as well.

We're not going to the park during the day as we've already been and want to experience the park at night.

We're going to Knott's this Thursday the 6th. Since it's a Thursday, does anyone recommend getting the Fast and/or Fright pass? I know with the Fright Pass you get the extra skeleton room keys but I'm also wondering if Fast Lane for the coasters is recommended as well.

We're not going to the park during the day as we've already been and want to experience the park at night.

We are driving down and going Thursday night as well. We have not done a thursday haunt night yet, so it will be a first for us as well. We will go Boofet at 5pm then get the early entry. Usually first 30 min we hit a few rides before the crowd gets in, then avoid them. So no fast lane. We do get the fright line so we can marathon the mazes and get all of the shows done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am thinking of going Thursday. I want to do the Skeleton Key rooms but don't really want to fork over 3x the money just to do 4 rooms if they aren't even that good. For those of you that have experienced the Skeleton Key rooms this year, how were they and are they worth it?

I too am thinking of going Thursday. I want to do the Skeleton Key rooms but don't really want to fork over 3x the money just to do 4 rooms if they aren't even that good. For those of you that have experienced the Skeleton Key rooms this year, how were they and are they worth it?

I thought they were cool. Descent. With one of them really standing out.

But even if your not doing it for the skeleton rooms. Do it so you can hit all the shows and still do multiple run throughs of your favorite mazes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little late, but oh my God, I have to say something.

Ghostrider running one train is TORTURE. I took 25 minutes to be seated with only 4 cycles worth of people ahead of us. The station wasn't even half full.

When was this? We only went for Scary Farm last night (Thursday)and since we didn't go during the day, we got both Fast and Fright Lane. Ghostrider was running two trains and even with Fast Lane, we waited about 20 minutes for the front and about 10 for the 4th or 5th row for our first ride. I did notice quite a bit of disability passes on both Ghostrider and Silver Bullet, however, that seemed to cause some delays. Silver Bullet was especially bad. We were waiting for the front and were probably 3 trains away but they kept letting disability passes ride in the front so we got fed up and jumped to the 2nd row. I'm not sure what the disability pass policy is but last night it seemed to cause issues on both of those coasters. The station was a confusing mess of people as well. The dispatches were worse than I remember and trains were stacking consistently.

Most of the mazes looked like they had at least 30-45 minute waits so we were happy to get Fright Lane. The Skeleton key rooms were interesting and given they are lower capacity only 6-8 people at a time, so the waits were anywhere from 10-20 minutes.

This was our first time doing Knott's Scary Farm and we really enjoyed it. We were glad the park was busy as it makes it more fun and the park really does a good job with the atmosphere.

Heading to Scary Farm tomorrow (Saturday) night. Just how bad is it gonna be?

Judging from the crowds last night on a Thursday, I would say prepare for massive crowds. We were amazed how busy it was. Both Fast Lane and Fright Lane allowed us to do everything in the 6 hours we wanted to. Without it, I would imagine it would be extremely difficult even to do all of the mazes without the coasters. Most of the maze lines were at least 30-45 minutes with Infected around 2.5 hours at one point. All of the coasters and mazes had lines right up until closing.

A little late, but oh my God, I have to say something.

Ghostrider running one train is TORTURE. I took 25 minutes to be seated with only 4 cycles worth of people ahead of us. The station wasn't even half full.

When was this? We only went for Scary Farm last night (Thursday)and since we didn't go during the day, we got both Fast and Fright Lane. Ghostrider was running two trains and even with Fast Lane, we waited about 20 minutes for the front and about 10 for the 4th or 5th row for our first ride.

It was Wednesday afternoon. Park was really slow and pretty much every other ride was 10 minutes or less. I get that they don't to waste staffing or trains on slow days, but considering how long the ride is and how slowly it loads, it really needs to run both trains.

I attended Sat night. Here is mini-review. Our group started with the pre-scare boo buffet. Very glad we did. Even though our time was at 6pm, after being in traffic for two hours down from LA, they were kind enough to let us in at 5:20. Props to the customer service for that, totally unexpected.

Much to our surprise, they let us onto Ghostrider at 6:15, we were able to get 2 rides in before they opened the gates for the mazes. We opted to skip Voodoo and hit the other back 3 mazes - Trick Or Treat, Tooth, and Paranormal. Wrapped those by 7, and went straight to Infected. I missed out on this last year. The line was long when we joined, but moved more quickly than I expected. I thought it was a very effective set up, and this was a highlight of the night.

We flew over to Iron Reef, walked on. One gun wasn't working, unfortunately. By this point, the sell out crowds were flooding in, and we got into line for Supreme Scream, not too bad at 30 min wait. Had to pass on Xcel., crazy slow ops. The grave of Riptide is a pumpkin patch. Be nice to see the area developed for 2017. After that, kind of milled around. The longest line by far was Shadowlands. I liked the presentation, some effective scenes, ideas, and great style throughout. Enjoyed the Elvira show. I think instead of pure dance breaks, be nice to see a magic act in addition. In the past, did enjoy the Ed Alonzo years.

From a review standpoint, I think it still is the best overall haunt attraction going. Considering it was a sell out night, our group managed to see almost everything we wanted too. We opted not to do the skeleton key rooms, glad we did not. Some big lines for those.

Only a few drawbacks, by the time we reached Sierra Sidewinder, closed. Silver Bullet, huge line, but to be expected. And MZ Revenge was closed. On a critique standpoint, I think they could make use of some of the empty stages, like the Wagon Camp and Birdcage theater just to absorb some percent of the crowds.

Looks like MZ's Revenge is closed through Oct 14th. I wonder if something went wrong and they had to fix it? I don't think they usually have scheduled maintenance during Haunt season. I am headed down at the end of the month, so hopefully everything is fully open then.

Curious to see if anyone's experienced a "slow" day at Haunt yet? I'm glad they're pulling some huge crowds, but I'm hoping to visit on a bit more of a dead night. Aiming for a Thursday or a Sunday I guess.

No such thing anymore. Selling those passes has turned the typical slow days into pass holder days.

No such thing anymore. Selling those passes has turned the typical slow days into pass holder days.

Yeah, that really does seem to be the case, doesn't it? Seems like a good move for the park as slow days are clearly not good days for them. I was hoping to check out both Knotts and Universal this year but without splurging on front-of-line passes, I suspect it'll be too much of a headache.

You should still be able to experience all the mazes at Knotts. Paranormal, Infected, and Shadowlands will have lines, but in my experience the last few years...the other mazes will still be walk ups or small waits.

I don't know, I went on the first Sunday of the month, and the only things that had lines at all were the Skeleton Key rooms. Even Iron Reef was a walk on, as was Shadowlands. Paranomral had maybe a 10 minute wait. Granted, ride lines were longer. But it is possible to get short lines at Knott's if you go on "off" nights early on.