TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hypothetically... Knotts is one of the top earners for Cedar Fair, and they don't have a huge steel speed coaster. What are the chances they could do like CW and send a huge ride out towards the parking lot?

Maybe they simply don't want one. Their attendance certainly isn't calling for it. Moves like a re invigorated Ghost Town and family attractions seem to be more successful at this park.

At least so far they've made a conscious choice to leave the big coasters to SFMM, and it's worked for them.

I think your absolutely right. In the future I could really see them trying to become more of a family park. Better flat rides, better theming, more dark rides. Disney is so expensive these days, if Knotts added more family/dark rides, they could take all the people that can't afford Disney. I really like the direction their headed, and I think we will see them adding a lot more family coasters and dark ride. As much as I would like to see a hyper like Mako @ SWO, I don't think that its ever going to happen.

It will only happen if they expand south into the parking lot. Otherwise where would the station go?

Like I said, space will never be an issue. They will find a way if they really want it. The question is if they really want it.

Just chiming in on the Ghostrider rennovation. Took a last minute trip to the park on Monday, sat through an agonizing hour-and-a-half wait, but thankfully it was well worth it. GCI worked an absolute miracle on this ride, it's ridiculously smooth, like better than I remember Thunderhead being in its opening year. I'm very much looking forward to coming back on a quiet week to try for a front-row ride!

I'll chime in as well. I rode GhostRider yesterday and it was awesome. Once in the back, once in row 2, and once in the very front. The front was my favorite. It was nice being able to throw my hands up and have fun without getting a spine adjustment.

I really do like RMC, but something has to be said for a thorough GCI renovation that still keeps the rough, classic wooden coaster feel.

Any trip advice?

I'm Going on the 26th and 27th and have a few questions

1: Is Fast Lane Worth it on a monday?

2: What hotel should I stay in?

3: What rides are must do night rides?

4: Where else should I eat except Mrs. Knotts Fried Chicken?

Any trip advice?

You shouldn't need a Fast Lane if you're going for two days. Hotels become nicer and more expensive the closer you are to Disneyland, so keep that in mind, there is the Knott's hotel adjacent to the park though. In my opinion, GhostRider is the only must-do-at-night ride, but Xcelerator can be fun at night too. Mrs. Knott's is good food, but there are some other options down the road at Downtown Buena Park, but no must-eat-at restaurants.

Any trip advice?

You shouldn't need a Fast Lane if you're going for two days. Hotels become nicer and more expensive the closer you are to Disneyland, so keep that in mind, there is the Knott's hotel adjacent to the park though. In my opinion, GhostRider is the only must-do-at-night ride, but Xcelerator can be fun at night too. Mrs. Knott's is good food, but there are some other options down the road at Downtown Buena Park, but no must-eat-at restaurants.

Thanks; I am considering the Knotts Hotel very much. do you know if there is early entry for hotel guests?

Hypothetically... Knotts is one of the top earners for Cedar Fair, and they don't have a huge steel speed coaster. What are the chances they could do like CW and send a huge ride out towards the parking lot?

Maybe they simply don't want one. Their attendance certainly isn't calling for it. Moves like a re invigorated Ghost Town and family attractions seem to be more successful at this park.

At least so far they've made a conscious choice to leave the big coasters to SFMM, and it's worked for them.

I think your absolutely right. In the future I could really see them trying to become more of a family park. Better flat rides, better theming, more dark rides. Disney is so expensive these days, if Knotts added more family/dark rides, they could take all the people that can't afford Disney. I really like the direction their headed, and I think we will see them adding a lot more family coasters and dark ride. As much as I would like to see a hyper like Mako @ SWO, I don't think that its ever going to happen.

It will only happen if they expand south into the parking lot. Otherwise where would the station go?

Like I said, space will never be an issue. They will find a way if they really want it. The question is if they really want it.

Knott's has plenty of space available. The only problem is that most of the land on Knott's that sits on prime real estate is very small and the parking lot and Ghost town takes up the space

Knott's has plenty of space available. The only problem is that most of the land on Knott's that sits on prime real estate is very small and the parking lot and Ghost town takes up the space

Yes, it's at the far right gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How early is it and do they have it on Mondays

The early entry is 9:30am every morning through September. Typically only Sierra Sidewinder and Silver Bullet are open, so I'd ride each of those and head over to Ghostrider. The Knotts hotel is pretty decent, it's not a luxury hotel by any means, but I've stayed there many times and always been happy with it. You can also get packages that include parking and a breakfast buffet. Plus, it's right next to the park, so you're only a 5 min walk to the entrance.

Yes, it's at the far right gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How early is it and do they have it on Mondays

The early entry is 9:30am every morning through September. Typically only Sierra Sidewinder and Silver Bullet are open, so I'd ride each of those and head over to Ghostrider. The Knotts hotel is pretty decent, it's not a luxury hotel by any means, but I've stayed there many times and always been happy with it. You can also get packages that include parking and a breakfast buffet. Plus, it's right next to the park, so you're only a 5 min walk to the entrance.

thanks

Any trip advice?

Just to clarify, Buena Park does not have an actual downtown. The closest area that would qualify is about three miles north of the park at Beach Blvd and the I-5 freeway where you find all the civic buildings. There are not many restaurants in that area. There is, however, a shopping mall called Buena Park Downtown a couple blocks east of the park on La Palma Ave but it is not downtown Buena Park. There are number of restaurants at the mall, but honestly you'll find plenty of restaurants within a two mile radius from the park. My favorite is a place at the corner of Orangethorpe and Knott Ave called Black Bear Diner (and so you are't confused, Knott Ave is not actually near to Knott's Berry Farm, even though it is named for the park's founder Walter Knott, but instead is actually a couple miles to the west. BBD is then north of there. It's totally worth the search. Mmm good.

Edited by coloradocoasterguy

Any trip advice?

Just to clarify, Buena Park does not have an actual downtown. The closest area that would qualify is about three miles north of the park at Beach Blvd and the I-5 freeway where you find all the civic buildings. There are not many restaurants in that area. There is, however, a shopping mall called Buena Park Downtown a couple blocks east of the park on La Palma Ave but it is not downtown Buena Park. There are number of restaurants at the mall, but honestly you'll find plenty of restaurants within a two mile radius from the park. My favorite is a place at the corner of Orangethorpe and Knott Ave called Black Bear Diner (and so you are't confused, Knott Ave is not actually near to Knott's Berry Farm, even though it is named for the park's founder Walter Knott, but instead is actually a couple miles to the west. BBD is then north of there. It's totally worth the search. Mmm good.

The area right down La Palma is literally called BDT (Buena Park Down Town) whether its an actual one or not is irreverent...its the name of the center. LOL

Now having been on the updated GR, I will say I can see how this is a major improvement for majority of people. It's fast and it's smooth. But to me I left a little disappointed and I kind of preferred it better when it was rough (I'm in good shape and never really found it intolerable.). The main thing is key moments that really made GR stand out are gone. All air is floater at best, extreme lats are gone, airtime off the first drop is almost non-existant (very faint floater air) and the drop off the Mcbr just isn't anything like it used to be, even when it was completely stopped completely.

Like I said, I get it, and this ride will appeal to most of you, but for a ride I was hoping to be fairly comprable to Tremors and Timber Terrors in my personal ranking, I'm afraid it doesn't come close. And it's unfortunately knocked out of my top 10 all together. Front of the train is the best. I feel there was more airtime, and you get some good float, but nothing like it could have been, imo.