TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hi everyone! I might be in the LA area during the last week of June, and I am curious as to what the crowds might look like during a weekday (Monday, July 27th - Thursday June 30th)? I'm assuming the answer might be something along the line of "horrendous" being that it is so close to July 4th weekend, but I'm not completely sure so that is why I'm asking here. I would love to get back to the park and check out the new and improved Ghost Rider and all the other great Knott's stuff, but if I'll have to deal with hour+ waits on everything including the bathroom, it's not the end of the world if I don't go. Thanks!

when i was riding, i couldn't help but think if it would be much better with topper track and RMC trains. the non moving hydraulic lap bars would be awesome.

Really? That's what you were thinking? Sounds like regardless of what they did and how well they did it...you would have been thinking the same thing. How about enjoying the ride?

Hi everyone! I might be in the LA area during the last week of June, and I am curious as to what the crowds might look like during a weekday (Monday, July 27th - Thursday June 30th)? I'm assuming the answer might be something along the line of "horrendous" being that it is so close to July 4th weekend, but I'm not completely sure so that is why I'm asking here. I would love to get back to the park and check out the new and improved Ghost Rider and all the other great Knott's stuff, but if I'll have to deal with hour+ waits on everything including the bathroom, it's not the end of the world if I don't go. Thanks!

I'm assuming, that within a few days of your getting there, you could get a Knott's Fastpass online, if you budget for it, which would cover

bypassing standby lines, etc. on most major rides and coasters. Check with their website and there'll be tickets and fast passes to choose from.

Hope that helps a bit.

when i was riding, i couldn't help but think if it would be much better with topper track and RMC trains. the non moving hydraulic lap bars would be awesome.

Really? That's what you were thinking? Sounds like regardless of what they did and how well they did it...you would have been thinking the same thing. How about enjoying the ride?

i can think and enjoy at the same time. lol it just didn't blow me away like it did when it was new. maybe cause i had just ridden the Joker the week before as the last coaster. still great and i'd say my favorite at Knott's.

also, here's some pics from the event on saturday. https://alexisjoyvipaccess.com/tag/ghostrider-rides-again-knotts-berry-farm/

obviously i don't watch anything these people are on. i know ryan newman, but only the nascar driver. haha

I just got on GhostRider earlier, I was tenth in line when they dropped the rope. I think it just jumped to the top of my favorites list. It's not glass smooth as people would expect, but come on, it's made of wood. I loved not having the MCBR and it just flies through the second half. I didn't get a lot of airtime because the attendant made the lapbar too tight, but I still enjoyed the experience as always. Having ridden it over 100 times before, I was glad to not get a headache this time around.

I'm assuming, that within a few days of your getting there, you could get a Knott's Fastpass online, if you budget for it, which would cover

bypassing standby lines, etc. on most major rides and coasters. Check with their website and there'll be tickets and fast passes to choose from.

Hope that helps a bit.

I'd rather not have to resort to using a Fastpass, but I'll definitely look into anyway, thank you!

You should be fine going mid-week and I don't think you'll see any hour+ waits, especially if you go Tuesday-Thursday. If you stay at the Knott's hotel, you can get into the park 30 min early with the season pass holders. If you do the early entry, my advice would be to hit Sierra Sidewinder, then Silver Bullet, then get over to Ghostrider. If you don't do early entry, I would go straight to Ghostrider and then head to Xcelerator in the back of the park. Xcelerator typically has one of the longest lines in the park due to its popularity and low capacity, but it can be dead in the morning. Silver Bullet has great capacity and has just returned to two trains ops, so you can save that for later in the day. The log ride also has great capacity, so what looks like a long line is usually only 30-45 min.

The park is open to 10pm that whole week and the families tend to leave around 7-8pm, so you should see the lines decrease in the late evening. I've been able to get 4-5 rides on Xcelerator in the summer between 9-10pm. They close the ride entrances down at 10pm, but as long as you are in line before 10pm, you will be able to get on the ride.

You should be fine going mid-week and I don't think you'll see any hour+ waits, especially if you go Tuesday-Thursday. If you stay at the Knott's hotel, you can get into the park 30 min early with the season pass holders. If you do the early entry, my advice would be to hit Sierra Sidewinder, then Silver Bullet, then get over to Ghostrider. If you don't do early entry, I would go straight to Ghostrider and then head to Xcelerator in the back of the park. Xcelerator typically has one of the longest lines in the park due to its popularity and low capacity, but it can be dead in the morning. Silver Bullet has great capacity and has just returned to two trains ops, so you can save that for later in the day. The log ride also has great capacity, so what looks like a long line is usually only 30-45 min.

The park is open to 10pm that whole week and the families tend to leave around 7-8pm, so you should see the lines decrease in the late evening. I've been able to get 4-5 rides on Xcelerator in the summer between 9-10pm. They close the ride entrances down at 10pm, but as long as you are in line before 10pm, you will be able to get on the ride.

Awesome, looks like I might be making a trip to Knott's after all! This info really helped, thanks a lot!

i can think and enjoy at the same time. lol it just didn't blow me away like it did when it was new. maybe cause i had just ridden the Joker the week before as the last coaster. still great and i'd say my favorite at Knott's.

also, here's some pics from the event on saturday. https://alexisjoyvipaccess.com/tag/ghostrider-rides-again-knotts-berry-farm/

obviously i don't watch anything these people are on. i know ryan newman, but only the nascar driver. haha

Joker is not a woodie. Joker does not have topper track. Joker is a steel coaster. Therefore you cannot compare it to GostRider.

I don't think there has ever been a full day I had at Knott's where I was not able to get on everything I wanted (including all the major rides and some flats) in 8-10 hours. I wouldn't be worried about getting a fastpass unless you wanna go on things multiple times or just can't stand waiting in line.

Joker is not a woodie. Joker does not have topper track. Joker is a steel coaster. Therefore you cannot compare it to GostRider.

lolz what's hilarious is you're still in the wrong because he didn't even compare them.

it just didn't blow me away like it did when it was new. maybe cause i had just ridden the Joker the week before as the last coaster.

lolz what's hilarious is you're still in the wrong because he didn't even compare them.

Sure sounds like it. Why even mention The Joker?

Because he had just ridden what was once an old crappy wood coaster that is now incredible and smooth. I honestly don't know what's so difficult for people to grasp about this... lots of whining for no reason.

it just didn't blow me away like it did when it was new. maybe cause i had just ridden the Joker the week before as the last coaster.

Because he had just ridden what was once an old crappy wood coaster that is now incredible and smooth. I honestly don't know what's so difficult for people to grasp about this... lots of whining for no reason.

Didn't mean disrespect. GR is my favorite coaster of all time and I thought he was dissing it. I had to stand up for my lady.I apologize.

Didn't mean disrespect. GR is my favorite coaster of all time and I thought he was dissing it. I had to stand up for my lady.I apologize.

Ehh, it's not being disrespectful, it's just creating drama for no reason. No worries man.

how in the world you thought i was comparing the two, i have no idea. so it's the greatest to you. good for you. i think it's my favorite at Knott's. does that make you feel better? i didn't say it sucked. a ton of people don't like silver bullet, i kinda like it. roller coasters are like women, guys are going to like what they like and not like what they don't. no one is wrong.

I really like Silver Bullet as well! It might have even been my favorite coaster there when I went years ago. Either that or Xcellerator. Definitely not Ghostrider! However, with these modifications, I am eager to give GR another ride!