TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ I agree. PE has got to go.

As far as an Xcelerator reboot goes, yeah it's never been done in the industry before (the closest to it being the RMC redesign of wooden coasters). But knowing what intamin has done since, it's fun to dream about what it could be if knott's wanted to go that direction. With current rumors, xcelerator isn't going to be touched in the next couple years, but maybe a few more years after that, an extension of Xcelerator would actually be a viable addition to the park.

^^ I would love for them to make it a more "Stormrunner-like". Judging off of the current treatment of the ride it will go ignored for sometime. If the rumors are true about a new major attraction filling in the old place of boomerang and riptide are true, the best we can hope for is a fresh coat of paint.

Also aren't there several, "across the street" land plots owned by Knott's?

Yes, they own lots of land surrounding the park. Whether any of that land is usable for Theme Park development isn't really know for sure. And there are also the Nimby Neighbors who could prevent development.

That land can only be used for parking or backstage areas. I say build a big parking structure where the main lot is now. Then relocate some of the backstage areas from south of Ghost Town across the street to those dirt overflow lots. Then all the land south to Crescent Ave can be used to expand.

My Xcelerator redesign. Launch. Top hat. Drop. Giant cobra roll. Overbanked turn. Corkscrew thingie ending in a dive loop. Overbanked turn into a giant helix. Brake run.

I would really love to see this happen, but I doubt they are touching that ride anytime soon beside paint, if they even do that.

My first thought was "where would the transfer track go?", but my second thought was "wait, this whole thing is stupid. My first thought is already thinking way too far into this."

Now I'm stuck on that second thought.

It's just a rough idea.

Also aren't there several, "across the street" land plots owned by Knott's?

Yes, they own lots of land surrounding the park. Whether any of that land is usable for Theme Park development isn't really know for sure. And there are also the Nimby Neighbors who could prevent development.

That land can only be used for parking or backstage areas. I say build a big parking structure where the main lot is now. Then relocate some of the backstage areas from south of Ghost Town across the street to those dirt overflow lots. Then all the land south to Crescent Ave can be used to expand.

Yeah, this is the most realistic plan if they were to ever want more room inside the park boundaries.

People complain that Knott's lost its charm by building huge coasters. Then people complain that Knott's isn't catering to coaster enthusiasts.

I'd like to see them meet in the middle again...GhostRider and that expansion of Ghost Town were very well done when first built. Cedar Fair just plopped rides wherever they could, came up with a western backstory and called it a day with no care about the look/feel.

If they were going to destroy the charm, they could have at least made the rides top 10 quality rides...

People complain that Knott's lost its charm by building huge coasters. Then people complain that Knott's isn't catering to coaster enthusiasts.

I'd like to see them meet in the middle again...GhostRider and that expansion of Ghost Town were very well done when first built. Cedar Fair just plopped rides wherever they could, came up with a western backstory and called it a day with no care about the look/feel.

If they were going to destroy the charm, they could have at least made the rides top 10 quality rides...

The GR project was planned and designed by the family. CF aquired the park shortly after ground broke. Explains why it fits so well and doesn't seem out of place.

^ Exactly. Instead of Maverick, we get Pony Express? WTF

PE needs to go. As short as they are Xcelerator, Monty, and Boomerang are awesome coasters. PE is just way too short. You sit in the brake at the end three times longer than the ride itself takes. Maybe if it was longer it would be a better ride.

You lost me at Boomerang is awesome.

PS: I enjoy Pony Express. I can't justify it, it's not something I'd proudly admit in public very often but I liked it a lot. So suck on that. It's a family coaster and a pretty enjoyable and unique one. What's the problem?

What's the problem?

Apparently the fact that it has a tendency to explode and send shrapnel all over the area.

Machinery in the Old West did that all the time.

I guess historical theming is just lost on some people!

You lost me at Boomerang is awesome.

PS: I enjoy Pony Express. I can't justify it, it's not something I'd proudly admit in public very often but I liked it a lot. So suck on that. It's a family coaster and a pretty enjoyable and unique one. What's the problem?

I actually really like PE too, but the problem is that it's just way too short. Plus, the park already has two other short launched coasters that are better. My kids love PE and we usually ride it 1-2 times per visit, but I'm always wishing it was longer. The concept is great and the launch is fun, it's just too bad that they couldn't make it a longer ride.

Well for my 7 cents (inflation?), my fave two are still the ones at

Walibi Holland ~ Speed of Sound

Six Flags Mexico ~ Boomerang

Both smooth, for myself, and not much jarring to the head, at all.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I have an idea of what Knotts could do to really improve their park:

2017: Remove Boomerang and adjacent buildings. With Riptide, Boomerang, and the adjacent buildings gone, put in a Hyper G-TX in its place with a dual stations for added capacity. To go with the boardwalk section, call it Riptide Racer and give it a surfing theme. Move boomerang to a park that needs a new coaster *cough* Michigan's Adventure *cough*

2018: Add a couple flat rides. An Enterprise (Like the one at Six Flags Over Texas) and Troika would work great. If there was room I would also like to see a Pipe Scream style ride. The Troika can replace the Wave Swinger in Fiesta Village. And the Enterprise could replace the barely used stage in Fiesta Village or the Wheeler Dealer Bumper Cars

2019: Time for Another Dark ride. Combine Windseeker's and Jaguar's location to build the ride. construct a themed extension building in Windseeker's queue. Use the bottom floor for the line, and the top floor for the ride. Make it like Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, have it wind through the temple in various scenes. Have it be themed to a ferocious jaguar that has been awakened by treasure hunters entering the temple. Use things like faux fire, smoke, and projected screens to simulate being chased as you try and escape the temple. You can put things like falling boxes and other things to help fill the space, and it wouldn't hurt to maybe have a couple of animatronics.

2020: Planet Snoopy addition with a couple rides and a revamp of their current kids show. Be jealous of Cedar Point's 150th anniversary addition, which will certainly be super awesome.

2021: Send Pony Express to a park that needs a new roller coaster. Put a Mack Family Multi-Launch in its place. Have it go all over Ghost Town and give it a tunnel

(My next prediction for a rollercoaster would be either a Wooden Warrior style coaster, or a smaller GCI in 2023 or 2024)