TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I visited the park from 11 - 1 on Thursday. The longest lines appeared to be approx 15 to 20 minutes for Silver Bullet, log ride and Xcelerator. I would guess that there is top rail on 50 - 75% of Ghostrider's track now.

IMG_20160414_111736.thumb.jpg.5194a2a0179336b4da8d7de729011209.jpg

Not much new on Ghostrider

IMG_20160414_111802.thumb.jpg.70c6f9cf5e94c95c3615e4692db9ed96.jpg

Marketplace parking lot side

IMG_20160414_111808.thumb.jpg.32d7218eb907a07672c7dbfe3d7288f1.jpg

Some wood behind the fence

IMG_20160414_111823.thumb.jpg.fee7ff4f9875020b6096c3bb1406ff7c.jpg

No top rail on this section of track yet

IMG_20160414_120625.thumb.jpg.da424652ceeed4e9d8965d45c64115e8.jpg

Boomerang is still broken and they have a hoist above a car

IMG_20160414_123200.thumb.jpg.e2b5d7d5314ae9e8387cef54c14ef2a6.jpg

Swings are back

How long has Boomerang been down? I'm sorry if I've missed this in the discussion.
I was there about a week ago and it was open at that time. It looks like something broke and this is not a scheduled maintenance. Since it beats me up; I didn't ask when it would re-open

Jaguar is getting repainted

I saw a few posts about that on Instagram. This is great news. I really hope it gets repainted back to orange and tan. IMO the blue columns do not fit the rest of the theme.

I suspect 2017 will be Fiesta Village's year, as by then, every other area of the park has had a major renovation in some way.

Jaguar is getting repainted

I saw a few posts about that on Instagram. This is great news. I really hope it gets repainted back to orange and tan. IMO the blue columns do not fit the rest of the theme.

I suspect 2017 will be Fiesta Village's year, as by then, every other area of the park has had a major renovation in some way.

I hope so. The area has been horribly neglected for years. My other dream project would be a new Mystery Lodge show. It's still got lots of magic, but its age is showing and there have been several canceled shows due to technical problems lately.

It would make sense, since they need a replacement for Windseeker.

Yes, and on that note, is there any word what will happen in place of removed Top Spin?

A blogger posted pics of landscaping, lights, and sprinklers being installed so probably not anything in the short term.

Personally I think Boomerang has run its course. They should remove it and put in a Euro-fighter style coaster.

Yes, and on that note, is there any word what will happen in place of removed Top Spin?

A blogger posted pics of landscaping, lights, and sprinklers being installed so probably not anything in the short term.

Personally I think Boomerang has run its course. They should remove it and put in a Euro-fighter style coaster.

Dueling Screaming Squirrels! I have been waiting for this to happen.

But realistically, an giant S&S 4D Free Spin would be a perfect fit for that whole area.

Are you listening Knott's?

But realistically, an giant S&S 4D Free Spin would be a perfect fit for that whole area.

/\ This /\

Hopefully one that would actually spin unlike Green Lantern at MM

Hopefully one that would actually spin unlike Green Lantern at MM

Different ride altogether.

No let SFMM and SF keep the spin thing but still calling on S&S to install a coaster like Gale Force that would be pretty sick at Knotts imo or stepping it up a notch like was stated earlier a Euro-fighter style coaster like The Monster!!! Like Guy said KNOTTS ARE YOU LISTENING!!! lol

New /\ this /\

Dude, I'm all for old nostalgic rides, but Windjammer was boring, painful, and a terrible coaster, even when I was 10 years old.

How TOGO swindled Knott's into investing in this type of crap ride is beyond me. I mean, who puts a flat turn and brake run after the loop of a ride? The racing aspect was barely cool when it worked, and overall the ride was garbage. It was like a wild mouse with a loop. And then after a couple years they didn't even race them anymore.

I'm not FOR old coaster companies going out of business, but holy crap it's a blessing that TOGO is gone because all I've ever seen or ridden from TOGO was badly designed boring rides that would never be able to stand the test of time like B&M, Intamin, or RMC.

Dude, I'm all for old nostalgic rides, but Windjammer was boring, painful, and a terrible coaster, even when I was 10 years old.

How TOGO swindled Knott's into investing in this type of crap ride is beyond me. I mean, who puts a flat turn and brake run after the loop of a ride? The racing aspect was barely cool when it worked, and overall the ride was garbage. It was like a wild mouse with a loop. And then after a couple years they didn't even race them anymore.

I'm not FOR old coaster companies going out of business, but holy crap it's a blessing that TOGO is gone because all I've ever seen or ridden from TOGO was badly designed boring rides that would never be able to stand the test of time like B&M, Intamin, or RMC.

Not only did they swindle Knott's, they also won the lawsuit. The damn thing was so poorly designed winds of ten miles per hour shut it down.

Wow thanks for taking a dump in my cornflakes lol we all Windjammer was crap point blank period yet even with all of it's downfalls for some reason me, myself and I enjoyed the turd of a ride lol now would I want Windjammer resurrected hell no!!! Also all these years I thought it was supposed to be something similar to a racing wild mouse with a loop lmao