TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

lol my lens were dirty, I realized it afterwards. Plus it was cloudy and rained later in the day so not much sunlight.

it drizzled from around 3 pm or so then the last hour of the day it was coming down and I bought my first ever poncho. Only $2 compared to MM's $7 or whatever it cost. I was shocked it was only $2. Great Deal.

Edited by Freestyle23

Since they're that close, they should also tear down Boomerang.

Someone give the CAT driver a Benji and tell him to "accidentally" run into the supports.

(And I thanks the Coaster Gawds every day, that I have this credit already.)

Knott's has just confirmed that May 27th will be the re-opening date for Ghostrider.

They better get cracking if they want to make that date. The wood work is mostly done, but there still aren't rails installed on most of the course yet.

Considering the work they've done over the last 5 months, I have no doubts that they will make that date (in 3 months).

I can't wait to experience GhostRider in its good days. It could very well rank up there with Twisted Colossus if it's as good as everybody raves about!

Knott's has just confirmed that May 27th will be the re-opening date for Ghostrider.

They better get cracking if they want to make that date. The wood work is mostly done, but there still aren't rails installed on most of the course yet.

Considering the work they've done over the last 5 months, I have no doubts that they will make that date (in 3 months).

I can't wait to experience GhostRider in its good days. It could very well rank up there with Twisted Colossus if it's as good as everybody raves about!

To be super honest... even at it's peak, it never had the kind of airtime TC does. But, it was very very fun.

May 27th is a good date indeed.

Went by the park last night and took a good long look at GhostRider (sorry, no photos). I think we're going to be very surprised by the subtle (and radical changes) GCI has made, especially with the banking they've added to a lot of the higher speed turns. The soft opening for this thing can't come soon enough for me. I can't wait to see how the new trains maintain their speed throughout the course and re-deliver some much needed airtime to this coaster.

I am glad there is an opening date announced. Ghostrider in it's early years by far was my favorite coaster in the area. It will be great to have that be true again hopefully. Knott's has been doing great with their restorations.

Xcelerator got stuck on the top hat for a couple hours today. It had come down by the time I got there, but I guess the wind and cold and moisture during morning testing got the best of it. A big gust gave it enough of a jolt to knock it off balance so it could come back. I got sent a video Snap Chat, but couldn't save it and the picture doesn't really let you see what's happening.

About a month old now, but for everyone's viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77khqb8AVfA

I apologize if this was ever posted but I went through each page and didn't see it.

Xcelerator got stuck on the top hat for a couple hours today. It had come down by the time I got there, but I guess the wind and cold and moisture during morning testing got the best of it. A big gust gave it enough of a jolt to knock it off balance so it could come back. I got sent a video Snap Chat, but couldn't save it and the picture doesn't really let you see what's happening.

About a month old now, but for everyone's viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77khqb8AVfA

I apologize if this was ever posted but I went through each page and didn't see it.

video removed?

Is anyone going to the 2016 Coaster Run this Sunday? It will be my first time attending.

Unfortunately, it looks like it might rain but that won't get in the way of me and a free slice of Boysenberry pie.

Good luck to anyone participating!