TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

When they say the MCBR will be removed, I assume they mean turned off, since it needs to still be there to run 3 trains.

But this is GREAT news! Can't wait to ride it.

They haven't said that 3 trains will be ran have they?

I suppose not, but since the ride has such a long layout, it seems more efficient to have the MCBR, even if running two trains, as you can dispatch earlier.

Either way, I'm excited to experience the second half at full speed!

When they say the MCBR will be removed, I assume they mean turned off, since it needs to still be there to run 3 trains.

They haven't said that 3 trains will be ran have they?

I suppose not, but since the ride has such a long layout, it seems more efficient to have the MCBR, even if running two trains, as you can dispatch earlier.

Either way, I'm excited to experience the second half at full speed!

I can't even remember the last time I saw 3 trains running on GhostRider.

I tink the MCBR will be totally gone, and they could do a double down there instead. As for three trains, its confirmed in the press release: "Gold, Silver, and Copper accents". But I think the third train will be for rotational purposes. So one will always be in rehab.

I'm excited for all the upgrades coming to the park, but I wonder why they are moving the stage. The area its going to do seem to offer more viewing room (maybe), but now it wont be the focal point if Calico Square. But its cool they are building a whole new facility for it. And I'd guess they might connect the Schultz and Calico back stage areas, since they are so close.

I like this addition.I wish they could find a place for the swing but it was and older model and an upcharge. I appreciate the overall rework of the area. With Potter coming it makes sense to redesign and update all of Ghost town! I could imagine. I like how hey have been committing to their classic nostalgia inducing attractions. I wish they had more space! Ghostrider sounds like it will be more fun w/o the MCBR. I have to get out there!

- All of the coasters trains will be replaced with new state of the art Millennium Flyer trains designed to look like mining cars, each with gold, silver, or copper accents. As part of the construction, the mid-course brake run will be removed, allowing riders to enjoy a relentless, ride from the moment the train descends the first 108 ft. drop to the moment it returns to the station’s new, smooth magnetic brake run.

This right here is some of the most exciting news for 2016, and I don't even live anywhere close to California!

It's very unlikely I'll make it out west next year, but maybe in the next 5 years. The real test for Knott's is keeping GhostRider in good shape for the rest of its life.

I've only been to Knott's once, and the whole Ghost Town area seemed a little dead to me compared to the rest of the park, Hopefully this will make the area much more lively and interesting!

No midcourse break means...

While this isn't directed specifically at you, since I've now seen this a few times recently in this thread...

It's "BRAKE" not "BREAK"

brake

noun

1. a device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels.

"he slammed on his brakes"

break

verb

1. separate or cause to separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.

"the rope broke with a loud snap"

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I feel like roller coaster "enthusiasts" probably should know the difference!

No midcourse break means...

While this isn't directed specifically at you, since I've now seen this a few times recently in this thread...

It's "BRAKE" not "BREAK"

brake

noun

1. a device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels.

break

verb

1. separate or cause to separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I feel like roller coaster "enthusiasts" probably should know the difference!

It will be nice not to have the mid-course brake because it will no longer mean a mid-course break :)

The Knott's website has a cool video with some additional info not in the press release:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Love the concept art of the trains in the video. I'm curious how much profile re-work is actually going to be done. According to the GCI website they did profile work along with the track work back in 2004, so is this re-profiling going to be on different sections than they did back then, or did their fixes not work the way they expected that time?

320599258_GhostRidersnip.PNG.f9b89450393b57783aa5e8dc315c9480.PNG

Finally!!!! Not only will removing the mid-course break make Ghostrider insane again, but it will also decrease dispatch times. Greatest move Knotts has made since the calico renovation. However, I still don't see what the praise surrounding the boardwalk is. To me, the boardwalk is literally the cheapest move Knotts could have ever pulled. Don't get me wrong, the themeing is great, but the rides are awful. Literally Pacific scrambler, surfside gliders, and coast rider are the worst rides I could have ever imagined Knott's getting. These rides literally resemble the type of rides county carnivals setup in like 2 hours, especially surfside gliders and coast rider. At least it seems like they got the Ghostown renovation right.

Finally!!!! Not only will removing the mid-course break make Ghostrider insane again, but it will also decrease dispatch times. Greatest move Knotts has made since the calico renovation. However, I still don't see what the praise surrounding the boardwalk is. To me, the boardwalk is literally the cheapest move Knotts could have ever pulled. Don't get me wrong, the themeing is great, but the rides are awful. Literally Pacific scrambler, surfside gliders, and coast rider are the worst rides I could have ever imagined Knott's getting. These rides literally resemble the type of rides county carnivals setup in like 2 hours, especially surfside gliders and coast rider. At least it seems like they got the Ghostown renovation right.

They resemble carnival rides, because that's literally the theme of the area. A seaside boardwalk carnival amusement area. Scramblers are a staple everywhere. Almost every guest loves the Gliders because no one else in So Cal has them. Coast Rider is basic, but gives the area a good family coaster and now each of the 3 major areas has a big kid coaster (Jaguar in Fiesta, Pony in GT, and Coast Rider for BW). For the price of one big coaster, they got a coaster and 2 flat rides. Plus, the area already has Boomerang and Xcelerator.

Looks like they've increased the banking a bit on that tun.

[attachment=0]gr turn 1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]gr turn 2.jpg[/attachment]

Photo #2 courtesy of this post on page 1000

looks identical to me. i don't even think they changed headers on that turn. using the top rail as a gauge, i don't see it different. but i also have been there and looked at everything a decent amount and as much as i can see, the headers that have been replaced, all seem to be in the exact same spots.

will be nice to compare pics like you did with old and new, just this one didn't seem to prove anything to me. am i missing something?

Oooooo, nine month refurb for GR??

that doesn't sound good for my visit in March '16! Here's hoping for a really early soft opening!!

I really want to ride this again now, hopefully not have to wait another 1-2 years to do it!

Finally!!!! Not only will removing the mid-course break make Ghostrider insane again,

Thank you for paying attention to this thread.

It's "BRAKE" not "BREAK"

brake

noun

break

verb

Finally!!!! Not only will removing the mid-course break make Ghostrider insane again,

Thank you for paying attention to this thread.

It's "BRAKE" not "BREAK"

brake

noun

break

verb

Thank you. This particular mistake drives me crazy, as well--not just on TPR, but elsewhere.