TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Too bad the Kraken wasn't tearing down Windseeker in this photo

Done.

That's the best thing I've seen all day! Do you think they might include Windseeker being torn down in the film? I'm gonna take it as a sign if Boomerang gets attacked in the film

This was my favorite quote from the press release:

Their unquenchable appetite for coaster metal has turned these creatures into swimming mechanical monsters unlike anything ever seen on the ocean floor.

It's such a bizarre concept that it should make for a really awesome ride!

Honestly, I'm glad there is no outdoor coaster section. Knott's has enough family coasters already. I'd much rather see them focus on the cool dark ride tech!

I'm going on Saturday for a company event thing - I'll snap some pics if I find anything Iron Reef related.

Maybe I should have been more specific.... no room without making it an eyesore.

Based on your opinion?

It doesn't fit the character of the park to have coasters stacked upon coasters. Cedar fair is in the thrill business, and I get that, but it seems like the move toward more and more coasters is making the park lose some of it's old charm.

Also, squeezing in a 1,500 ft long wooden twister coaster isn't really the same thing as fitting in a B&M hyper.

I believe they have a site planned near ghost rider. The question is does it fit the new direction that the park is now marketing to.

I'm happy the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building is being used again for what looks like it will be a fantastic new ride. After going for so long with that building being complete closed off, no doubt there will be fond memories of what used to be as we discover all that is new once the ride is ready and open.

KOD will not return, neither will Bear-y Tales, and that's fine. We will always have our memories. What's most important is that Knott's will have a killer state-of-the-art immersive experience.

Wow. I really wish more theme park fans thought this way!

I'm pretty excited too, to see something new going in that space.

I agree. It's a good fit for the direction the park is heading.

Voyage to the Iron Reef sounds like a pretty good fit for the park and is pretty much what I expected: an improved version of Wonder Mountain's Guardian. Although I would have preferred something with less screens and more sets, any new dark ride is good, and I am glad this seems to be a pure dark ride and not the coaster/dark ride hybrid Canada's Wonderland got. I just worry about this losing popularity due to its similarity to Toy Story Midway Mania just down the street.

I know the media will always be the media but....

After ascending to the second story....

Drop track to descend????

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs was completely contained on the second story and unless the arcade below closes soon this will probably be the same way. Plus, it doesn't really make sense to ascend in order to go under the ocean or drop to return to the surface.

EDIT: Here's the full sentence...sounds like it's all on the second story.

After ascending to the second story, riders wearing 3-D glasses will board four-seat vehicles armed with individual freeze-ray guns used to shoot targets on a series of enormous video screens.
Edited by rcdude

Is Knott's seriously scared of putting a spooky themed dark ride in their park? A Spook-A-Rama ride would've been awesome up there. Even if it were also a 3D shooter in some parts.

Remember, they will easily be able to convert this for Knott's Scary Farm much like Wonderland did with Zombies 4D during Halloween Haunt. I would think a full time haunted version of this may suffer a little versus the idea of being able to change it up for appropriate times of year.

I totally missed that "ascend to the second floor" part in the press release. Perhaps this could indeed include the (SPOILER) drop track feature like WMG did.

I look forward to a trip to the west coast next year to try this out as I am a huge fan of WMG.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs was completely contained on the second story and unless the arcade below closes soon this will probably be the same way. Plus, it doesn't really make sense to ascend in order to go under the ocean or drop to return to the surface.

EDIT: Here's the full sentence...sounds like it's all on the second story.

After ascending to the second story, riders wearing 3-D glasses will board four-seat vehicles armed with individual freeze-ray guns used to shoot targets on a series of enormous video screens.

Journey to Center of the Earth pretends to take riders down a Terravator to far beneath the surface, when in reality they've been taken up to the second level. Doesn't seem to be a problem!

It will be removed. The LA Times article on the previous page mentions its removal, and inclusion into a under water show scene.

That kind of sucks. I've only seen that sign last year. Although the sign was not lit it was at least a nice throwback. At least it will be incorporated into the ride, though!

You know, the next thing I want to see is Boomerang destroyed in the promo video.

EDIT: I think the GP is striking back.

IronReefGP.png.094cf0979a10e8e6f29eab95f0630bf3.png

Really?

Edited by YoshiCraft2011