TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

So it is that time of year again: Knott's Scary Farm is just around the corner! That being said, I will be attending on October 5th (a sunday), doing the pre-scare boofet, I have a trapped reservation for 8pm and Fright Lane with Skeleton Key. I'm from the Bay Area and the one day I go, I don't want to miss anything. The question is: Is anyone (somewhat close to my age) interested in at least joining me for the Trapped maze? I went through last year by myself...

Alone in Trapped? You're a braver man than I... (and I work at Scary Farm)

I didn't buy a Trapped ticket for this year based off of last years being doo doo. How does this years look?

The designers and employees for Trapped are very good at keeping secrets, so I don't know what's in it this year. But... from the discussions I've heard around Haunt... they know last year was a big let down from 2012, and they have been working very hard to not let it happen again. Hopefully I'll get to see it next week during their dress rehearsal night and let you all know how great it is.

So it is that time of year again: Knott's Scary Farm is just around the corner! That being said, I will be attending on October 5th (a sunday), doing the pre-scare boofet, I have a trapped reservation for 8pm and Fright Lane with Skeleton Key. I'm from the Bay Area and the one day I go, I don't want to miss anything. The question is: Is anyone (somewhat close to my age) interested in at least joining me for the Trapped maze? I went through last year by myself...

Alone in Trapped? You're a braver man than I... (and I work at Scary Farm)

I didn't buy a Trapped ticket for this year based off of last years being doo doo. How does this years look?

The designers and employees for Trapped are very good at keeping secrets, so I don't know what's in it this year. But... from the discussions I've heard around Haunt... they know last year was a big let down from 2012, and they have been working very hard to not let it happen again. Hopefully I'll get to see it next week during their dress rehearsal night and let you all know how great it is.

While youre at it, tell them I want a refund for last year. It was so bad. The actors were so impatient, we were told how to advance out of the room to the next just when we were figuring it out. Its not like we were in the room for very long before that happened either. Talk about taking us out of the element. Most of our group complained of the same.

Went to Scare School last night, I'll be working in Black Magic. At the end of the night they gave out a few "golden tickets" to experience Trapped next week during dress reharsal. They only gave them to select employees who did a particularly good job during the walk-thru's they were conducting. Really stoked to say I was a recipient of one of those golden tickets and I'll be experiencing Trapped for the first time on Tuesday night. I'll let you guys know how it is! I'm also really excited to be part of a new scare/illusion inside of Black Magic that wasn't there last year.

Just one more week until opening night!

Went to Scare School last night, I'll be working in Black Magic. At the end of the night they gave out a few "golden tickets" to experience Trapped next week during dress reharsal. They only gave them to select employees who did a particularly good job during the walk-thru's they were conducting. Really stoked to say I was a recipient of one of those golden tickets and I'll be experiencing Trapped for the first time on Tuesday night. I'll let you guys know how it is! I'm also really excited to be part of a new scare/illusion inside of Black Magic that wasn't there last year.

Just one more week until opening night!

No spoilers though! Not knowing beforehand is such a big part of what makes it scary.

What are they doing if it doesn't make any difference? Might not be retracing after all, just looked like it.

Still a great day at the park. Finally got my Montezooma credit, walkons everywhere in the park all day long.

They have to do routine maintenance to make sure the ride doesn't completely fall apart.

For my birthday last week, my father gave me a really cool menu from the old steak house at KBF. Not sure of the year, but after doing a little research, it appears that it could be circa 1960's.

003.JPG.14763905e9737aecb829c997c0727455.JPG

The menu cover.

004.JPG.c6feed157a6d9972c1b14cb474546bb8.JPG

A little history.

005.JPG.7ed41f4de5c81fa99e5d6606493534b5.JPG

Check out those prices! Boy are those days long gone at (most) parks.

006.JPG.f8b503e2a9b2c7d308d94863e170f8ea.JPG

Front and back.

Alright, I just confirmed that I have next Thursday and Friday off (Oct. 2nd and 3rd). I'm making the trip from Vegas to do a double of Knott's Scary Farm and HHN. I'll be at Knott's on Thursday, HHN on Friday.

Being a Thursday and only the second weekend of Scary Farm, what can I expect, line-wise for the haunts? Universal I've already bought a Front Of Line pass because I'm not stupid. Knott's, though, to my knowledge, doesn't have the worldwide acclaim and draw for Scary Farm that HHN does. Should I worry about buying a Front Of Line pass in advance or just wait until I'm at the park and make a decision then?

With Universal it's a no-brainer; the place is a zoo every single night of HHN. Knott's, though, I get the feeling only Fridays and Saturdays would get stupid with crowds. Am I being too optimistic? I've never been to Scary Farm before so I have no idea what to expect other than a ton of fun and finally getting to see The Hanging!

Thanks!

HAUNT is a local favorite event and is always busy. Probably even more so now that they have the frequent fright passes. I always buy a front of line pass as i hate waiting regardless. Then again, I also get the early entrance buffet, and now the skeleton key add on. It just makes the night that much more enjoyable when you don't feel rushed.

The first few Thursday's are usually dead. I was actually planning to go next Thursday myself.

The wild card this year is the season pass...I suspect that will make things a bit busier, but I am guessing no line will be more than 30 minutes (if that).

Alright, I just confirmed that I have next Thursday and Friday off (Oct. 2nd and 3rd). I'm making the trip from Vegas to do a double of Knott's Scary Farm and HHN. I'll be at Knott's on Thursday, HHN on Friday.

Being a Thursday and only the second weekend of Scary Farm, what can I expect, line-wise for the haunts? Universal I've already bought a Front Of Line pass because I'm not stupid. Knott's, though, to my knowledge, doesn't have the worldwide acclaim and draw for Scary Farm that HHN does. Should I worry about buying a Front Of Line pass in advance or just wait until I'm at the park and make a decision then?

With Universal it's a no-brainer; the place is a zoo every single night of HHN. Knott's, though, I get the feeling only Fridays and Saturdays would get stupid with crowds. Am I being too optimistic? I've never been to Scary Farm before so I have no idea what to expect other than a ton of fun and finally getting to see The Hanging!

Thanks!

Thursday will be fine at Knott's, especially since you're going early in the season.

I just checked the map on their Facebook page, which actually brings me to a slightly unrelated point -

Why the heck don't Scary Farm or HHN have the maps of the event available on the official website?! I had to hunt through their respective Facebook pages to find them. That's just stupid on a whole new level.

Anyways, getting back to Knott's, I was hyping myself up reading all of the attraction descriptions and am super, SUPER pumped for Special Ops: Infected. Apparently rather than making it an indoor attraction like the Resident Evil thing at, I believe, Universal Japan, they instead have made it a sprawling outdoor event that has taken over Camp Snoopy. There are two check-in points on either side of that area of the park (next to Sierra Sidewinder and by Supreme Scream) where you will get your gear and just be let loose in the section to go wild and shoot some zombies! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

That also changes my plans a bit. Originally I was gonna go straight towards Ghost Rider since there's 4 mazes right next to each other over there, but since Special Ops is a reservations system I'll be sure to go there right away and guarantee a time to return rather than take my chances.

Either way, it's going to be incredible!

Q. At the Calico Mine Ride and Camp Snoopy re-openings in June, you hinted that something might be happening at the Boardwalk soon.

A. We’re still going to continue with that, but at this point I’m not ready to reveal that yet until I get it finalized. But at that point, which will be in the next month or so, we should be able to come out here with good news.

Here we go...

There are two check-in points on either side of that area of the park (next to Sierra Sidewinder and by Supreme Scream) where you will get your gear and just be let loose in the section to go wild and shoot some zombies! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

My understanding is that you don't get to "let loose." You'll have a "squad leader" that takes you through the various encounters/vignettes. I believe there is two "operations" per route with some other stops along the way.