TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hey guys! I'm going to Knotts this Saturday, and I was wondering if there is anything that you would be interested in seeing. I will try to post a trip report noting that there hasn't been one in a while.

Hey, you stole my avatar! In all fairness, it's from the TPR Park Index.

Speaking of Knott's this Saturday, I can't wait for WCB! I look forward to all the Q+A presentations, backstage tours, etc.

WCB is this Saturday at Knotts

Omg I had no idea, even though I just realized it showed the dates of it on every single page of this website. I guess I'll see some of you there as I'm just going with a few friends. Hopefully I'll be able to do the WCB and enjoy all the benefits of it when I'm older!

Hey guys! I'm going to Knotts this Saturday, and I was wondering if there is anything that you would be interested in seeing. I will try to post a trip report noting that there hasn't been one in a while.

Hey, you stole my avatar! In all fairness, it's from the TPR Park Index.

Speaking of Knott's this Saturday, I can't wait for WCB! I look forward to all the Q+A presentations, backstage tours, etc.

Haha! We have a similar taste in avatars! You guys will have to tell me about the presentations and stuff as I'm not attending this year. However, I'll be begging my parents to let me go next year because of the Twisted Colossus opening and I'll be able to drive on my own.

We rode Xcelerator 5 times in a row, front row, without getting up from the seats. Not a single line anywhere all day. The longest wait we had was two trains for the front of Ghostrider.

This! When I attend haunt, its usually at the end of Sept. while the crowds are light. Even then, I get to ride Xcelerator 4-6 times in a row without getting off. Its probably the best time to go ride! I cant get enough of that back seat airtime over the top hat

Well then....

I got a chance to take a construction tour of one of the new mazes (Voodoo) a couple days ago, and let me just say.... The craftsmanship of this thing is UNREAL. Almost none of the decorating has started yet, but the main structures and the facade are up, and it's an incredible undertaking. I am very very excited to see the finished product.

Sorry, but I'm not doing a park update as I only took 3 pictures, and I figured that since I wasn't doing WBC this year that my pictures wouldn't be too exciting. It was still a fun day though as my friends and I went right in the morning and hit pretty much all the big rides by lunch time. My friend and I were very excited as we saw Rob by the exit of Montezooma and saw his whole family in line for Jaguar. Sadly we didn't have the guts to go up to him and say hi, so we stared at him from a distance (just realized how creepy this sounds). The park got crowded a little bit after we ate lunch, but it did not matter too much as we had already rode most of the rides that we wanted. I hadn't been to Knott's in over a year so I was really surprised about how forceful Xcelerator's launch was, and how non-painful Boomerang was. It was a really fun day, but extremely hot as it was 91 degrees that day! My friends and I had a lot of fun, and we were happy about all the WCB shirts that we saw around the park!

Ps. Have you guys heard anything about a new ride for Knott's in 2015?

Edited by CoasterCam

Ps. Have you guys heard anything about a new ride for Knott's in 2015?

Not officially, though the work happening in and around the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs darkride makes that a pretty safe bet for the location of the next attraction. That, and the recent refurbs at Knott's and CW's latest attraction make a darkride seem all the more likely. An announcement will probably come within the next couple months.

The only "hints" I pulled from the WCB Q&A were that they were reluctant to talk about KOTD, fixing Ghostrider, or the long-rumored Gigacoaster/Hypercoaster (but based on previous years responses, I expect they didn't talk about the last two mainly because they have nothing further to say on the subject, not because they're hiding something, but I could be wrong - they also didn't seem to defend Ghostrider as much as usual). When asked about expanding into the backstage areas, they said work was happening backstage but they didn't elaborate, which very possibly could be something mundane. I think there was also a question about whether they'd work with B&M or Intamin again, and the response was something along the lines of "probably". When asked about their 5 year plan, they made it clear they're not done improving the park.

I had a great time at WCB this year; Knott's put on another fantastic event! My favorite moment was probably when the sound for the "Tooth Fairy" haunt promotion video didn't work and so the panelists provided their own sound effects.

Old Knotts designer Robin Hall designed this back in the 90's. Now imagine if Riptide had that theme.

I would love it if RipTide had this theme! I wonder if the theming in this concept inspired Hammerhead (operated from 1996-2003), which was eventually replaced with RipTide? If by chance that happens to be the case, it would be cool to see RipTide get some of this theming to bring things around full circle!

^ I definitely will. This is an incredibly long time anticipated ride. I went to KBF twice when I was little in 1985 and 1992 and I remember seeing it but not being able to (first time) or willing to (both times) ride it. I then went to KBF in April looking forward to it only to find it in maintenance. Thursday's trip is specifically to get that missing credit, though I will also pick up some repeats on Silver Bullet that I could only get on once last time due to the park being so busy and a ride on Calico which was also closed at the time.

Also looking forward to getting a boysenberry churro and some fried chicken!

So it is that time of year again: Knott's Scary Farm is just around the corner! That being said, I will be attending on October 5th (a sunday), doing the pre-scare boofet, I have a trapped reservation for 8pm and Fright Lane with Skeleton Key. I'm from the Bay Area and the one day I go, I don't want to miss anything. The question is: Is anyone (somewhat close to my age) interested in at least joining me for the Trapped maze? I went through last year by myself...

So it is that time of year again: Knott's Scary Farm is just around the corner! That being said, I will be attending on October 5th (a sunday), doing the pre-scare boofet, I have a trapped reservation for 8pm and Fright Lane with Skeleton Key. I'm from the Bay Area and the one day I go, I don't want to miss anything. The question is: Is anyone (somewhat close to my age) interested in at least joining me for the Trapped maze? I went through last year by myself...

Alone in Trapped? You're a braver man than I... (and I work at Scary Farm)

Alone in Trapped? You're a braver man than I... (and I work at Scary Farm)

I didn't buy a Trapped ticket for this year based off of last years being doo doo. How does this years look?