TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

my cousin and her family are in town and decided to finish off their stay with knott's today so i joined them. i haven't ridden ghostrider in a while since the last time was so rough. thought, i'll give it another chance. i'll tell you i was so happy that mid course brake is there now. no telling how much more brutal it would be with it flying through that section. lol

really hope they put some major work into it sometime soon. used to be one of my favorite rides.

I don't think there's any hope for it without a complete conversion to topper track. I wouldn't touch the layout, but I'd like to see RMC put topper on it. I dont think RMC has ever worked with CCI, that's an interesting prospect.

They have worked on a CCI coaster.

One of the first, if not the first, coasters to get some topper track was Tremors at Silverwood theme park in Idaho. I believe that coasters entire turn around is topper track.

You can feel the spots with topper track because its noticeably smoother. Wish the whole thing had topper track! If they come inand add it for GR, Id also hope they do the whole thing instead of just the most troubled sections.

I am visiting the park next Wednesday, and have been hearing some rumors that Xcelerator might be repainted. Does anyone have any idea when this could possibly happen? I am super excited for this ride and would be bummed if it was closed.

I don't think there's any hope for it without a complete conversion to topper track. I wouldn't touch the layout, but I'd like to see RMC put topper on it. I dont think RMC has ever worked with CCI, that's an interesting prospect.

i knew we were screwed with how rough the approach to the lift hill was.

btw, 1 train operation on silver bullet and xcelerator. they were working on the silver bullet train today. but, it was in complete pieces.

Meh. Iron Ghost > Giga for me.

No. Just, no.

At the very most all GhostRider requires is a re-tracking by RMC (a la Thunder Run). Even Topper Track on this ride would be overkill.

With the work Knott's has done the past 2 years to bring it back, it is still one of the best woodies in CA if you avoid the wheel seats.

I think a Giga would also be overkill for this park though. I'd love to have one in my backyard, but I think there would be too many compromises the park would have to make to accommodate a Leviathan or Fury325.

With Carowinds announcing the giga today and that giga coaster rumor for KBF sitting in the bag, when will they get it?

Did you not here? After they took Leviathan away from Knott's they designed Fury 325, but then Cedar Fair took it away from Knott's and sent it to Carowinds.

With Carowinds announcing the giga today and that giga coaster rumor for KBF sitting in the bag, when will they get it?

Did you not here? After they took Leviathan away from Knott's they designed Fury 325, but then Cedar Fair took it away from Knott's and sent it to Carowinds.

All because they first had to relocate I305

Meh. Iron Ghost > Giga for me.

With the work Knott's has done the past 2 years to bring it back,

Can you elaborate on this? I'm genuinely curious to know what has been done.

Around 2012 it seems like the park started taking GhostRider's rehab a lot more seriously, and instead of just rehabbing the trains they've also been gradually re-tracking the roughest parts of the ride by replacing the top 2-3 layers of the wood stack (as you can see here).

As of now my estimation is that the ride is about 35-40% re-tracked, with fresh wood on what were previously some of the ride's worst parts.

Edited by i<3coasters