TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Great pic there! I wonder if the timing is off to use the KOD space for a haunt maze ? Really odd they will not use the Camp Snoopy area for the haunt at night if the rumors are true. I always liked how they were able to incorporate the environment into the overall design of the mazes. It is nice to have them spread out of a bit across the entire park just to split up the crowds.

And USH, Man up! Grow a pair! Don't just kowtow to one oversensitive D-list celebrity bit*h! She is .0001% of your core HHN demographic and her opinion should hold the weight of helium.

FYI, the Jamie Lee Curtis Taete that wrote the article is not the actress, but a male writer for Vice Magazine.

Good to know. Cause I actually like Jamie Lee Curtis. It broke my heart to have to say those horrible things about her. Not that I'm backing down. Cause my anger was justified at USH. Unfortunately, much like most of my life, misguided. But still justified. So here on TPR and in front of the whole world, I Guy T. Koepp do whole heartedly aplologize to you, the real Jaime Lee Curtis. I was an idiot for lashing out blindly, and not taking a moment to find the true target of my frustration. I sincerely hope you can forgive me and my stupidity. I can't take back what I said, but I can tell you it was only because of the deception perpetrated by an imposter who was slandering your good name, and using your noteriety to further his humorless pathetic existence.

With that said, Shame on you! and F#@K You! Jaime Lee Curtis Taete! Your a humorless a$$hole. My sentiment still stands. Even more so as you have less notoriety than the real lovely and talented Jaime Lee Curtis. And! Even more so for confusing me and making me want to be angry at someone who I like a lot. You are less than .000001% of HHN demographic, your opinion still holds the weight of helium, and you should go choke on a big bag of d!cks. Huge bag! Just gobble em down till you cut off your airway and fall into the cold embrace of eternal slumber.

Anyway, I feel much better now, and am very proud of the direction Knott's has been going. The Calico Mine Ride and the Timber Mountain Log Ride refurbs have been all kinds of awesome. If they are truley putting in a Wonder Mountain Guardian type of ride there, I hope they continue with the same high quality that they have been showing here in the new regime. You go Knott's. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

Oh, and I can't wait for HAUNT! Halloweentime is the greatest time of the year.

The show building is only about 1/2 the size now compared to when it was KOD because of the Johnny Rockets kitchen ventilation and restaurant AC, so it will be very interesting to see what they do with the space. I'm not expecting anything earth shattering...

I expected the space to be smaller for the HVAC but I'm surprised its 1/2 its original size! If the same tech as WMG is used, I hope they find a way to cram as much in there as possible! Id hate for them to spend a lot of money on a ride that is too short to enjoy. Maybe, with the recent fire, some of the Johnny Rocket stuff was re-arranged and could provide more space. (Hoping)

Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt announces new mazes and experiences for 2014!!

https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/knott-s-scary-farm

SPECIAL OPS: INFECTED

Survive the Zombie Apocalypse in an All-Out War

NEW for 2014 - This ambitious new attraction is the first of its kind in North America and will challenge guests to exterminate the infestation of zombies who threaten mankind’s existence. Armed with specially designed laser guns, brave groups of Knott’s Scary Farm guests will embark on missions, led by their Squad Leader – a loud mouthed, take-no-prisoners commander charged with turning guests into soldiers. Groups must work together to fend off zombies and complete various missions before time runs out. If zombies drag their bodies too close, the un-infected’s guns temporarily deactivate, compromising the safety of the entire team. Soldiers with the deadliest aim will be celebrated with a tally of the number of zombies killed on a display board for other survivors to see each night in base camp.

Special Ops: Infected seamlessly integrates interactive gaming technology with an immersive mountainous landscape, delivering a breakthrough interactive haunted experience that is as terrifying as it is challenging. Missions will take guests through a variety of wilderness terrains, including the unpredictable barrel bridges across the rushing river, through the dark caverns, and through mysterious backwoods. Six acres of the beloved theme park is now home to mutinous, scream-inducing zombies, and the time has come for a harrowing Special Ops survival mission.

---

VOODOO

Beware the cursed swamps of New Orleans, where mindless zombies trudge through the murky bogs in search of bloody sacrifices and demons use Voodoo curses to possess innocent souls. Choose your path carefully children, for one wrong turn and you will be hexed forever.

---

THE TOOTH FAIRY

This twisted tooth fairy steals more than just baby teeth as he drags his victims out their bedroom window and into a world of deranged dentistry. Unbelievable special effects include a blackout room through which guests must feel their way out, a disorienting x-ray strobe light room, and a final encounter with the massive tooth fairy, himself. Say aahhh.

---

TRAPPED: LOCK & KEY

This year Trapped returns with more rooms, more intricate puzzles and a shocking finale more extreme than any experience ever presented at Knott’s Scary Farm. You become part of the terror and are forced to face your darkest fears, confront your inner terrors and descend into the madness of a maze with no way out. Trapped is not for the squeamish as the challenges are darker and more terrifying than any that have come before.

Reservations and an additional fee are required for this exclusive maze, which requires guests to interact with their surroundings and is not recommended for guests under 18 years old. Admission is $60.00 for groups of up to six (plus applicable taxes and fees) and can be purchased online [embed link] or at the Boardwalk Ballroom on the night of event, while supplies last. Separate Knott's Scary Farm admission is required and not included with the purchase of Trapped.

Also new this year, a Knott's Scary season passholder exclusive!! $65 for access to all nights of Haunt! Plus the return of Skeleton Key rooms!

Edited by Wes

I love the toothfairy concept...Voodoo just seems like a rehash of all the Bayou themed mazes of the past. I honestly don't know what to think of the Camp Snoopy thing.

Seems like the Knott's creative team really spent some time in planning this Special Ops area - I'm sure it'll be a hit with younger demographics (especially male) of the GP... the area really is large!

Unfortunately due to this the other mazes seem not quite as original as always - but The Tooth Fairy seems like it is by far has the most potential and be quite good judging just by the name and short description.

The new lazer zone in Camp Snoopy sounds a lot like what they do at Hollywood Sports in Bellflower. Except there, it's with AirSoft guns. Been wanting to do that but I actually like the sound of the 'no pain' version Knotts is offering a whole lot more!

Just got hired as a monster for the Black Magic maze (which is adding some new stuff this year including a mirror hall) Really stoked to be a part of Haunt this year. On top of that, this year's new attractions sound great.

It sounds like they're taking some of the leftover mirrors from last year's failure that was "Mirror Mirror". Sounds fine to me.

Also, I'm hearing rumors that there's still one more maze to announce at Scare LA. If this is true, I see the new venue being Windseeker's spot.

^I sure hope so. There's only two new mazes but 4 not returning (Delirium, Endgames, Mirror Mirror, Slaughterhouse).

Also, remember how terrible the "dark realm" area of the Gauntlet was? I sure hope Special Ops is an improvement over that disaster of a "scare zone"...that involved laser tag too.

So am I the only person thinking a ride along the lines of Hershey's new Laff Trakk would be perfect for the Dinosaur building? Obviously they don't need a second spinning coaster, but what if they were to put in their own version of an old school fun house shooting dark ride? It may end up like a "Midway Mania Rip-off", but I think the park could pull this off and make it their own unique attraction. Considering all the recent interviews with Cedar Fair and realizing they still might go with something along the lines of Wonder Mountain's Guardian, hopefully Knotts will put a little more effort into this project and create something really spectacular. Just some thoughts.

^ I'm still clinging to the hope that the KOD building will be used as a queue/station for a Blitz coaster (more Cheetah Hunt than Maverick) that goes through the back half of Ghost Town (formerly Wild Water Wilderness).

Think a WMG ride is the realistic future for this space though.