TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^A star flyer? Really? Sorry, I just had to chuckle. I would definitely love to see a new flat, but a star flyer is probably at the bottom of KBF's list considering all the trouble they had with Windseeker, whether it would come from Mondial or not.

I'll be visiting Knott's for a few hours in the afternoon this Monday. I'll try and get a few photos if I see anything new (like the Xcelerator re-paint).

^ As an Air Race should be in many more parks, I believe there's a reason they are staying in smaller parks at the moment and that's because of capacity. It is fairly low and hope the 8.4 models help with that enough for resort-type parks like Knott's.

I wonder what flat ride will go in plant seeker's spot? I'm hoping for a starflyer or a gran slammer type ride.

I'm still on Team Air Race, especially after riding one on the Scandi Tour.

They haven't had the best of luck with Zamperla in that location either...

My family is visiting the park on a Wednesday in late August. Does anyone know how crowded it might be (will we be able to do everything in a day)? Also, if I bring my big camera (in a large case), is there a place to put it while you are on rides?

^I went to Kbf on a tuesday last August and the park was only crowded in the morning, after that every line was 10-15 mins. Since your going during the week in late August, the park should not be too crowded since most schools start during that time. I wouldn't expect it to be dead though. I think a few rides have camera holders.

I am wondering if anyone knows a bit about early entry for guests of the hotel? We will be going to Knotts on Sept1 (the Monday Holiday) and we are staying at the hotel the sunday and Monday night.

I didn't book directly, surprising enough I booked through Hotwire looking for a place close to Knotts and ended up with the knots hotel. So just wondering if we can still get the early access. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks!

Regardless of how you booked, as long as you're a Knott's Hotel guest then you should be eligible for early entry. I would contact the Hotel Directly via 714-995-1111 to obtain specific answers.

Knotts network just posted new trains for Boomerang in 2015. By new trains they mean new brakes, wheels, axles frame etc. My question with all that work why not just invest in the new trains with the Vekoma vests?

Knotts network just posted new trains for Boomerang in 2015. By new trains they mean new brakes, wheels, axles frame etc. My question with all that work why not just invest in the new trains with the Vekoma vests?

Because California. That's why.

Hi everyone. I'm going to be in southern California in early October. What are the crowds usually like on a weekday during this time? I plan on visiting Knotts in addition to Disneyland and Magic Mountain, and figured this would be a good place to ask when would be the best day to visit. Appreciate any help.

Hi everyone. I'm going to be in southern California in early October. What are the crowds usually like on a weekday during this time? I plan on visiting Knotts in addition to Disneyland and Magic Mountain, and figured this would be a good place to ask when would be the best day to visit. Appreciate any help.

Weekdays at Knott's during October are dead due to schools being in session, in addition to Knott's Scary Farm being around. However, be advised as the park will close earlier in the day in prep for haunt if you go Wednesday-Friday, but you shouldn't have a problem riding everything you want multiple times.

....You don't know they aren't getting totally brand new trains, nor anything about getting the ones with vests or lap-bars. None of us do, and the few who might know aren't going to post it on the internet.

Weekdays at Knott's during October are dead due to schools being in session, in addition to Knott's Scary Farm being around. However, be advised as the park will close earlier in the day in prep for haunt if you go Wednesday-Friday, but you shouldn't have a problem riding everything you want multiple times.

Thanks.

Is this just a jab at Californians or a serious thing about California's government?

Is this just a jab at Californians or a serious thing about California's government?

'Tis a joke me lad. I was just making fun of how California seems to be a bit overprotective when it comes to coasters, not to mention other stupid laws.

^NJ, KK, and Zumanjaro:DOD's retractable roof say hi!

Knott's could install any train they wanted on Boomerang however they are most likely just going to purchase a train from Vekoma. Makes the most sense.

I went to Knott's today and I was really surprised about how well Ghostrider and Silver Bullet were riding. While Ghostrider was still rough, the roughness has been toned down a lot with new wood and the mid course break run is no longer completely stopping the train. It will roll through and be slowed down but not to a standstill. There was lots of this on it today and it was ejector in some places.

Now for Silver bullet, having ridden this over 50 times my consensus is that it is getting better with age. Usually it is very force less besides the helix but the last 3 times I've gone the forces have been spreading out over the entire course. Today it was very evident as the entire time I felt glued to my seat and my feet were stuck where they started. Definitely not Batman forces but way better than it used to be.