TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

As discussed on the Carowinds discussion page....Growing up in SOCAL I can tell you Knott's doesn't have room for expansion of a Giga coaster unless they have purchased additional land. I also agree with the posts that say a Giga will ruin the charm of the Ghost Town feel. However, why not show Ghostrider the RMC treatment? That would be a great change for them and bring in a completely new experience for the enthusiasts.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! For the 395,588,145th time, if the park wants to install something, they will make room without buying additional land as that isn't even an option.

Like said above the park will always make room if they wanted to add something new. And I'm not fully on board for a Ghostrider makeover, as KBF would loose it's only wooden coaster. I'd like for it to receive Topper track as that could provide for an insanely smooth and awesome ride.

I just went to the park today and rode GhostRider after 3 years (it was closed at West Coast Bash) and I have to agree that it is a very rough ride. I don't care if it's an Iron Horse treatment or a full GCI retrack, GhostRider really needs to be redone.

^Ghostrider needs some major retracking. Every couple of months they retrack it but it doesnt make a difference.

I felt like the rehab they did on it before last year's Haunt made it notably smoother. I actually had some of my best rides on it at the end of last year.

It looks like I'll be at the park for the first time next week. During my visit I'll break 100 credits but there's my issue. What coaster to be #100, Xcelerator or Montezooma's? The first Intamin rocket or what will most likely be the only Anton shuttle loop I'll ever ride? Please help me decide haha.

It looks like I'll be at the park for the first time next week. During my visit I'll break 100 credits but there's my issue. What coaster to be #100, Xcelerator or Montezooma's? The first Intamin rocket or what will most likely be the only Anton shuttle loop I'll ever ride? Please help me decide haha.

Either coaster is a great choice. I prefer Xcelerator, though I would choose Montezooma since it is the only classic coaster at Knott's.

I went to Knott's a couple days ago, but forgot to post a little report. Better late than never, right? Anyway, I don't have any pictures, so I'll just bullet some stuff.

I'll start by saying that my family's goal for the day was to check out Soak City. We've been to Knott's a countless number of times, yet we've never been to Soak City. So here are some of my impressions of my first visit to Soak City.

---It is VERY clean. I've been to 2 other water parks (Raging Waters and Hurricane Harbor), and Soak City felt the most fresh and clean. Well done, Knott's.

---Old Man Falls was tons of fun! The two red body slides gave a great free fall feeling, and the single yellow slide was very fast and fun. We didn't try the Malibu Run slides, however.

---The lazy river was too shallow. Way too shallow. I know it is important to not have it too deep, but is 2'6" really necessary? I remember the lazy river at Hurricane Harbor (which, by the way, is a disgusting green with tons of trash in it) being deep enough where I at least don't have to crawl on my knees the whole ride (for those that didn't have a tube). And this isn't a height issue; I'm only 5'7".

---Overall, I felt the park was lacking some type of slide/attraction. One more big slide complex (like Snake Pit) would really round out this already-great water park.

Okay, now on to Knott's. This is my first time visiting since the Mine Ride and Camp Snoopy have opened. Here are my thoughts.

---The new Mine Ride is great! The whole ride felt much more refreshed and colorful. I loved it. My only complaint is the smoke at the end. It has a bad odor, and we witnessed a woman having an asthma attack because of it.

---The new Camp Snoopy is excellent! I was able to ride Linus Launcher and Mud Buggies with my little sister. We loved both rides (I will admit that Mud Buggies actually has some decent airtime!). The whole area looked wonderful. Knott's definitely needed that and they sure did it well.

---Montezooma's Revenge was much better than normal! It was already a great ride, but it ran so smoothly yesterday (it even felt a little fast than normal when going backwards through the loop). It still firmly holds the #2 spot of best ride at Knott's, right behind that one Intamin ride.

---Coast Rider was having some issues. When we visited in the morning (before Soak City), it was closed, and when we re-entered in the evening, it was sending out empty cars. I think it finally re-opened for the final few hours the park was open.

And that's about it. I couldn't see any action in the KotD area, but I'm sure something is going on.

^Sometimes there is a malfunction with the cars in the station, resulting in the other cars on the track getting stopped on the MCBRs due to the block system. I've witnessed that a few times. I wish there were some kicker wheels on the brake runs so the cars could get some speed for the rest of the ride. When they're all gravity powered, the rest of the ride is butt slow if it stops on one of the MCBRs.

Why does Coast Riders car sometimes stop for a while on the breaks?

^Sometimes there is a malfunction with the cars in the station, resulting in the other cars on the track getting stopped on the MCBRs due to the block system. I've witnessed that a few times. I wish there were some kicker wheels on the brake runs so the cars could get some speed for the rest of the ride. When they're all gravity powered, the rest of the ride is butt slow if it stops on one of the MCBRs.

Happens on Goofy's Sky School @ DCA as well. Could be a number of things. Guest issue in the station, operator inefficiency, lap bar issue etc...

The fire basically confirms the fact that Knott's will receive a dark ride in the former Kingdom of the Dinosaurs.

Not gonna lie I thought the same thing. Been like 8 years since Johnny Rockets was added and all the sudden there's a fire in the building they're rumored to build an attraction in. To me that means work was being done and something happened. Unless this is just a HUGE coincidence.