TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ I think it would be sweet to get a snoopy dark ride. Have it be something in the summer, and then in October, have it be themed to the Great pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween special! That'd be so cute! It won't happen, of course. Who would want to shoot snoopy?! But it'd be cool if we got a regular snoopy themed dark ride at any park, really.

I'm saying theme it to the Great Pumpkin where you have to shoot at Pumpkin targets

Great footage! I was fortunate to have the pleasure of getting down there for the passholder preview. All I can say is congratulations to Knott's! They have done an exceptional job of restoring not one, but two of my favorite rides as a child. The whole mine has a new life to it that I haven't seen in years. And the Timber Mountain Log Ride is just georgeous! Such a pleasure to see these rides so well restored and moderized. Knott's is becoming a regular stop for me again instead of just my once a year HAUNT visit.

^ I think it would be sweet to get a snoopy dark ride. Have it be something in the summer, and then in October, have it be themed to the Great pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween special! That'd be so cute! It won't happen, of course. Who would want to shoot snoopy?! But it'd be cool if we got a regular snoopy themed dark ride at any park, really.

A Snoopy and the Red Baron shooting dark ride would be a great fit.

For reference, they announced the Calico and Camp Snoopy redos at the end of the summer correct?

I'm guessing that's when we'll hear some news. This is what I'm truly excited about, as it could be something incredible and original. If they play their cards right, this could be a contender against Disney's 60th celebration.

For reference, they announced the Calico and Camp Snoopy redos at the end of the summer correct?

I'm guessing that's when we'll hear some news. This is what I'm truly excited about, as it could be something incredible and original. If they play their cards right, this could be a contender against Disney's 60th celebration.

I believe they announce after Halloween.

Yeah, I think they wait till after in order to not detract from the haunt promotion which makes sense. With windseeker gone, what is the likelihood we could see fiesta village refreshed in the next year or 2? Its really changing my entire perspective on the place for the better

A few notes from my fabulous trip to Knott's yesterday:

-The Hoseman is finally working on the Log Ride.

-The Mine Ride looks great, as well as the improvements to Camp Snoopy. (hooray for no more GR8 SK8!)

-Montezooma was running very well at midday.

-Catawampus' eyes are no longer glowing and I haven't heard him moo in awhile, perhaps he is sleeping.

-Boomtown is a really good show and I enjoyed it, even though I'm usually not interested in shows.

-I managed to go on Xcelerator 4 times in a row in the last hour since it is a walk on. 10pm closings are so much fun.

-The Claim Jumper across the street closes before the park closes.

So apparently Cedar Fair now owns the rights to the name Fury 325. With them also owning the name for Centurion and the rumors saying Centurion was for Carowinds or Knotts what do you guys think is for which park? This is of course given both parks are still receiving coasters in the next 2 years. I'm thinking whichever park opens their coaster in 2015 (given the other opens in 2016) will get Centurion since that was trademarked first. I'm also hoping Knotts spilled the beans on the Boardwalk family ride to take away focus and surprise us with the addition of a new coaster as well.

In terms of timelines, parks know that Harry Potter is coming in 2016 and you can be damn sure its on everybody's watch list. Personally, I'd say it makes more sense for continued park improvements and a new dark ride for 2015, with a big coaster addition for 2016 to attract interest of any tourists visiting the west coast for HP as well as the interest of the local population. I wouldnt complain though if we got a new huge addition in 2015, though

In terms of timelines, parks know that Harry Potter is coming in 2016 and you can be damn sure its on everybody's watch list. Personally, I'd say it makes more sense for continued park improvements and a new dark ride for 2015, with a big coaster addition for 2016 to attract interest of any tourists visiting the west coast for HP as well as the interest of the local population. I wouldnt complain though if we got a new huge addition in 2015, though

Very valid point.

The restoration turned out well. I do hope they have a plan to add some a themed shade structure to the exterior portion of the line. I appreciate the increased attention paid to the overall look of the Snoopy area. It is the little touches that make a huge difference.

Hows Xcelerator been running? Is it still shakey?

I rode it last week and had no problems with roughness.

Forgot to give a report-type thing...but I'll summarize it here.

-Got 6 new credits (Silver Bullet, Xcelerator, Pony Express, GhostRider, Montezooma's Revenge, and Jaguar). I enjoyed Silver Bullet and Xcelerator in particular, though GhostRider actually wasn't awful. I actually prefer GR to Colossus and Grizzly now because they're both rather bland (I don't remember Colossus very well, however...)

-We seem to have run into a lot of graduating classes on our visit, hence our skipping of some other unclaimed credits (not that Boomerang, Coast Rider, and Sierra Sidewinder were major bummers ). I also had wanted to try Screamin' Swing, Supreme Scream, and the log flume, but ain't nobody got time fo dat

-I saw some e-cigarette smoking in several lines...not cool. I mean, yes, it didn't really have the stench of other tobacco products, but parks nonetheless don't want this happening outside smoking areas...right?

I enjoyed my day, even if it wasn't necessarily perfect.

That is all