TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Are you saying Raffi believes Screamscape too?

I love all the haters on Screamscape. I am the first to admit there are rumors that were posted that weren't accurate (SFGAM saying RMC for Iron Eagle and it ended up being a brand new coaster, Knotts getting a giga when it ended up being the new Boardwalk, yet still claims this may come in 2016), but recently he's posted a lot (AGAIN NOT ALL) correct info. Posted about Banshee at KI over a year ago, posted about Iron Colossus over a year ago (given that's what they do with it, but all signs point to that) among other rides he's posted spot on.

I'm not saying its a 100% reliable source, cause it's not, BUT its a good source for information.

This morning, I had the privilege of being able to check out the Calico Mine Ride for the media preview. Although it was a preview, the ride was open for the rest of the day and most presumably tomorrow. Everything is done and ready to go!

The Calico Mine Ride restoration was amazing! Like the Timber Mountain Log Ride, Garner Holt did an amazing job with the animatronics and the new lighting. A lot of the animatronics look so life-like and great, whlle everything else still maintain the "creepy" old-fashioned vibe. The ending did blow me away with its special effects and upgrades they put in....yes there was a pun in there. It did remind me a lot of the new scene from Big Thunder Mountain. Actually, it was probably directly taken from it. Overall, please go check out the Mine Ride. It's amazing and you will love the updates Garner Holt put in there. I also loved what they did with Camp Snoopy. It looks beautiful again! The new figures on the Sierra Train were very cute and the Linus Launcher was quite fun!

Oh, one more thing. During the dedication of Camp Snoopy's reopening, Raffi hinted at the new dark ride opening next year. "we are turning our attention to the boardwalk for interactive family fun for 2015."

I like Wipeout and Skycabin. Move Wipeout over to Windseeker's old spot, remove Boomerang, and have some awesome opportunities for new attractions or a new coaster.

I would love to see Tampico Tumbler back in Windseeker's old spot. It would also be cool to see La Revolution be moved where that basketball game is in front of Xcellerator. That opens up some more room for maybe the return of "Gran Slammer" and a Troika.

I was at the park yesterday for the pass holder preview. The mine ride is great, everyone go check it out! They also had a premier of the new summer ice show which was also neat to see. While I was on the upper level of the theater, I could see into the KOD station really well, and they had tables and chairs set up like a meeting or interview had taken place. Interesting....

IMG_4937.thumb.JPG.6db41dff14b6ff7d67f7a57dc49fd813.JPG

IMG_4939.thumb.JPG.d428b4dd0980cfdf43114095d9c7dd23.JPG

How about kill boomerang and that flat ride next to it and add a larger version of an el loco. enclose it. Throw some lasers, strobes, and some music.

"Eat this Space Mountain!"

HighFive

I'm going to Knott's this Sunday and I can't wait to check out the new ride and the Camp Snoopy renovations. If the 2015 addition is a Triotech dark ride coaster in the KOD building, I'm fine with that. Some wishful thinking is that they return the Schulz Theater/KOD Building area back to the Roaring 20s since that area of the Boardwalk was never converted into a boardwalk theme.

^ Are you saying Raffi believes Screamscape too?

I love all the haters on Screamscape. I am the first to admit there are rumors that were posted that weren't accurate (SFGAM saying RMC for Iron Eagle and it ended up being a brand new coaster, Knotts getting a giga when it ended up being the new Boardwalk, yet still claims this may come in 2016), but recently he's posted a lot (AGAIN NOT ALL) correct info. Posted about Banshee at KI over a year ago, posted about Iron Colossus over a year ago (given that's what they do with it, but all signs point to that) among other rides he's posted spot on.

I'm not saying its a 100% reliable source, cause it's not, BUT its a good source for information.

Since when are rumors always true and accurate?

Wouldn't they be called facts instead.

(People need to understand what the definition of a rumor is. Ugh.)

^ I think it would be sweet to get a snoopy dark ride. Have it be something in the summer, and then in October, have it be themed to the Great pumpkin Charlie Brown Halloween special! That'd be so cute! It won't happen, of course. Who would want to shoot snoopy?! But it'd be cool if we got a regular snoopy themed dark ride at any park, really.

Pictures on Knotts Networks FB page showing activity seen inside the old KOD building. Willing to bet no removal of Boomerang and the indoor El Loco .
My guess is they are clearing the KOD building of everything in it. Then they will remove the building and put a windseeker in....

Looks like TriTech may provide the ride system like they did with WM's Guardian. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs: Battle Across Time. I'm calling it now. Actually, there are some far better possibilities....

Ride Warriors: Battle for the Windseeker

El Loco: Battle of the Disco Ball.

Kingdom of the Bears: Battle for the Boysenberry