TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

When is that season passholder thingy? I am in town and don't have to be at work until Thursday evening. I might do this if I can get down there. Is there some sort of sign up, or can passholders just show up?

The following is taken from the Seasonpassholder email that went out on wednesday:

KNOTT'S BERRY FARM SEASON PASS NEWS

Calico Mine Ride and Camp Snoopy Preview

Be among first to experience a fresh Camp Snoopy and ride its 3 new rides as well as the fully restored Mine Ride. Camp Snoopy will open at 7:30am to Season Passholders on Thursday, June 12th. Then at 9:15am the fully restored Mine Ride will open to unveil its new décor, figures, and more. Last year’s fully restored classic the Timber Mountain Log Ride will also open at 9:15am that morning for your enjoyment. A valid 2014 Knott’s Berry Farm Regular, Gold, or Platinum Season Pass is required for entry.

According to screamscape there were some workers seen cleaning and looking around the old KOD building and assumption is looking to put a ride like Guardian at Canada's Wonderland. Can anyone confirm workers are scaling that area? I thought they used the old building for the ac system and other things for Johnny Rockets? I guess they could always just move Johnny Rockets if they had to. If this is true part of me is happy as it seems like a very good ride but part of me still sighs as that means it'll be at least 12 years till we may see a thrill ride at Knott's (if they get one in 2016).

I believe what's left of the building is used for storage, so spotting workers "cleaning"wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary...

Edited by Jew

^ I am just stating what he posted as he was told by someone what was going on. I'll give him credit a lot of things he's posted he's been right on, and granted a lot he wasn't, it was more just to say what he was told.

People believe screamscape?

It is clearly shown on the site that:

-The dark ride is a rumor

-The employees cleaning the KOD building is a rumor

-It is his opinion that it would be a perfect spot for a dark ride

It's pretty clear on his site that you should read these rumor posts with a grain of salt because, you know, it's a rumor! Plus, the site is a great source of news, so I think it's a pretty reliable website.

Wow. Montezooma's revenge is running great. Probably one of the smoothest rides I've been on

It's amazing how no matter how old these Schwartzkopf coasters get, as long as they're maintained they can be smooth a butter. Anton was so underrated in so many ways

^ if they hinted at that I'd guess the dark ride in the old KOD building is looking more likely than. Only other thing they really have there would be removing the screaming swing that no one pays to go on and putting something else there. The only way to get a coaster there would be moving riptide and boomerang along with screaming swing but the fact they just repainted boomerang to match the boardwalk I don't see that happening. Time to speculate for 2015 my money's on a new dark ride in the KOD building even though I hope they go for a thrill ride.

Vice President of Knotts hinted during opening ceremony's for the camp snoopy update, that they are going to turn their attention to the boardwalk area of Knotts for 2015

I hope they do something with the KOD building. Somewhat said before that Bigfoot rapids should get some garner holt makeover. That would be awesome

Vice President of Knotts hinted during opening ceremony's for the camp snoopy update, that they are going to turn their attention to the boardwalk area of Knotts for 2015

I'm pretty sure Knott's considers the Boardwalk to be from Supreme Scream to Wheeler Dealer, and I consider this section of the park to be the most lacking for sure. The 2013 boardwalk additions definitely helped balance that area, it would be cool to breathe some life into the former Roaring 20's area near the theater.

I have hopes for this part of the park for sure, but as of now, they can do pretty much anything with the KOD building and I'll be happy. (Although I still want them to remove Boomerang, Skytower, Riptide, move Wipeout to Windseekers spot, and place a Mega coaster of any brand there!)

I'm pretty sure Knott's considers the Boardwalk to be from Supreme Scream to Wheeler Dealer, and I consider this section of the park to be the most lacking for sure. The 2013 boardwalk additions definitely helped balance that area, it would be cool to breathe some life into the former Roaring 20's area near the theater.

I have hopes for this part of the park for sure, but as of now, they can do pretty much anything with the KOD building and I'll be happy. (Although I still want them to remove Boomerang, Skytower, Riptide, move Wipeout to Windseekers spot, and place a Mega coaster of any brand there!)

I agree about Boomerang. Not so much about Sky Tower.

I would LOVE for them to remove Boomerang, the Skytower and move Riptide/Wipeout. That would be enough room for a coaster maybe either a Euro Fighter or something like Lightning Run, BUT they just painted Boomerang last year so I think that's highly doubtful unless they just move Boomerang to another park.

I'm not so sure KOD is where it will happen. Keep in mind the KOD space was cut into when the Johnny Rockets was put in on the corner nearest to Perilous. I believe once upon a time there was a plan for KOD, but the nail in the coffin may have been JR. But I have been worng before!