TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ & ^^ The water fountains will never touch riders again. Caused too many problems with rides mechanical and electrical systems.
Thanks for that Correction, I was unaware that change had been made. Replacing the water proof seal can be such a pain. lol

I honestly don't think that being soaked appeal to that many people aside from a small segment of younger kids. If they're really looking to cool off, there is always Soak City next door, or perhaps Knotts should look into adding a small water play zone some where in the park.
You've obviously never operated any Popular Water Rides that Soak People. lol

Waterfall was turned off in 2002 I believe. Jack Falfas wanted it turned off because they were having too many issues with riders standing and moving around the raft to avoid getting soaked by the waterfall.

Waterfall was turned off in 2002 I believe. Jack Falfas wanted it turned off because they were having too many issues with riders standing and moving around the raft to avoid getting soaked by the waterfall.

As far as I know, no European rapids ride has seat belts and there hasn't been many issues with safety. Would a waterfall really be that big of an issue to get turned off? What's the point of a rapids ride if you don't get (soaking) wet?

^Understood however, It's up to the park/corporate management to decide if it is an "issue" or not. As far as I'm concerned, riders getting up out of their seats on a ride is ALWAYS a safety issue.

As far as I know, no European rapids ride has seat belts and there hasn't been many issues with safety. Would a waterfall really be that big of an issue to get turned off? What's the point of a rapids ride if you don't get (soaking) wet?

I think it's probably due to the fact that Americans are sue happy and will blame the park if they stand up and fall out.

How some people don't deal with the concept of any water ride getting you "possibly" wet....

I mean, even Splash Mountain in the Disney parks, isn't exactly a totally dry ride, yes? No?

And I do mean those water rides other than It's A Small World, etc.

I do not understand these people at all.

I don't know, a lot of people seem to enjoy the idea of the water rides but don't like getting wet. Here in Korea, the Koreans seem to like their water rides dry. I've never got wet on either the log flume or rapids in lotte world since one has the little wind screen and the rapids seem to go out of their way to stop the boat from splashing (it just seems to rock as it goes around) and the water level was lowered a few years ago on Atlantis and i've never seen anybody able to touch the water since (although I have yet to visit after it's 6 month rehab claiming to return it to its original glory to see if that includes the main pool of water). Heck Everlands rapids come with covers to pull over yourself and on every visit i've had people will always use the covers.

On my visit to Japan there were covered splash boats and on my visit to Fuji Q the rapids ride had glass put up all around the boat so you couldn't possibly get wet and it still had a 2h line (but thats probably just because its fuji q operations and they were only allowing 2 to a boat..... so the line was probably only 20 people)

Hey, we're going to Knott's Berry Farm in a few and if there are any tips anybody has that would be great. I'm at 97 credits and should be getting my 100th while we're there, preferably Xcelerator. Any tips on saving money on admission? We have 10$ off coupons from our hotel.

So was at the park today and they have most of the walls down in Snoopy and were test cycling at lest one of the new rides there as of this morning. I cant get over how nice it looks now compared to how it looked before.

I don't know, a lot of people seem to enjoy the idea of the water rides but don't like getting wet

Yup, I personally dislike getting wet (which is why I never liked Perilous Plunge), I don't mind log flumes but rapids rides forget it.The one at California Adventure is the worst, getting drenched in all that dirty ass water brings my germ phobia to the red zone

I don't know, a lot of people seem to enjoy the idea of the water rides but don't like getting wet

Yup, I personally dislike getting wet (which is why I never liked Perilous Plunge), I don't mind log flumes but rapids rides forget it.The one at California Adventure is the worst, getting drenched in all that dirty A$$ water brings my germ phobia to the red zone

The water on water rides is probably cleaner than your tap water. All the water in water rides are constantly recirculated through filtration and chemicals.

The worst is touching the wet rubber handles on the water rides. Your hands end up smelling like mildew for the rest of the day.

As a suggestion for the future, take along a few of those handi-wipe

individual packets, and you can easily disenfect your hands after

going on one of those water rides with the "questionable handles."

Yup, I personally dislike getting wet (which is why I never liked Perilous Plunge), I don't mind log flumes but rapids rides forget it.The one at California Adventure is the worst, getting drenched in all that dirty A$$ water brings my germ phobia to the red zone

The water on water rides is probably cleaner than your tap water. All the water in water rides are constantly recirculated through filtration and chemicals.

Thunder Canyon at Cedar Point uses Water Directly out of Lake Erie. It's also extremely expensive to use Clorinator Pumps on River Rapids Rides, so many parks just resort to Chlorine Briquettes and Hydrochloric Acid.