TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Wasn't the parks fault. It was a faulty cable. I operated XC for 5 1/2 years. Every inch of all 3 cables is inspected every morning.

According to the DOSH investigation, the whole reason the cable snapped was because KBF only did inspections every 6 months instead of the required 1 month, citing "confusion" in the Intamin SOP as the reason why.

^Wasn't the parks fault. It was a faulty cable. I operated XC for 5 1/2 years. Every inch of all 3 cables is inspected every morning.

While I do believe the park is visually inspecting the cable on a daily basis, I don't see them thoroughly inspecting the core of the cable with magnetism every morning.

Quick question..looks like the day I'm going to KBF there's a moderate chance of rain..how sensitive is Knott's to rain? Are there certain rides that are more sensitive than others? (Xcelerator, I'm guessing?)

If it rains, most of the coasters will go down. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Boomerang is the only coaster the park will operate if it is raining. Most of the flat rides should continue to operate in the rain, as long as it doesn't affect visibility or include extreme wind or lightning.

While I do believe the park is visually inspecting the cable on a daily basis, I don't see them thoroughly inspecting the core of the cable with magnetism every morning.

I guess what it comes down to is whether the park was inspecting the cable as they were instructed to by the SOPs, the manufacturer, and the state, as Jew mentioned a couple of posts up.

Went to Knott's today, weather was perfect, crowds were mild. Overall, had a fun day at the park.

Got on:

Xcelerator x2

Silver Bullet x1

GhostRider x2

Supreme Scream x2

Coast Rider x1

Sierra Sidewinder x1

Log Ride x1

Montezuma wasn't open and Xcelerator and Silver Bullet both were only running 1 train so the lines were fairly long. GhostRider ran smoother than it did a few months back when I rode it (my friend agreed with this as well). It still needs to be retracked badly though to be restored to its former glory.

Went to Knott's today, weather was perfect, crowds were mild. Overall, had a fun day at the park.

Got on:

Xcelerator x2

Silver Bullet x1

GhostRider x2

Supreme Scream x2

Coast Rider x1

Sierra Sidewinder x1

Log Ride x1

Montezuma wasn't open and Xcelerator and Silver Bullet both were only running 1 train so the lines were fairly long. GhostRider ran smoother than it did a few months back when I rode it (my friend agreed with this as well). It still needs to be retracked badly though to be restored to its former glory.

Glad you had a good day! Hopefully monte will go back up soon. Just found out last week I'm getting transferred to Log ride next weekend, can't wait .

Glad you had a good day! Hopefully monte will go back up soon. Just found out last week I'm getting transferred to Log ride next weekend, can't wait .

Thanks! Yeah, my friend still hasn't gotten to ride Montezuma's. All 3 times I've taken him over the past 2 years, it has been closed. Horrible luck.

Ever since the makeover, I make sure to ride the Log Ride every time I visit the park. Can't wait to see what they do with Calico this year.

Got on:

Xcelerator x2

Silver Bullet x1

GhostRider x2

Supreme Scream x2

Coast Rider x1

Sierra Sidewinder x1

Log Ride x1

You know what your schedule will be for Sunday?

No park does that. That's a very time consuming test that isn't performed every morning but instead is performed periodically which was not clearly written in the Intamin SOP according to the park. (Thanks Joey for pointing that out)

Visual inspections however are every morning.

Quick question..looks like the day I'm going to KBF there's a moderate chance of rain..how sensitive is Knott's to rain? Are there certain rides that are more sensitive than others? (Xcelerator, I'm guessing?)
When I went for Knott's Scary Farm last October it started raining, and they ran everything normally (Except for Supreme Scream), I think it just depends how bad it is.

Did the earthquake of 94 do any damage to any of the KBF rides back then?

No damage to the roller coasters that I'm aware of. I was there the day of the earthquake and aside from them having to re-test the rides after every aftershock, it was a normal day. Park even opened on time, from what I remember. Honestly, I didn't think they'd be open at all.

Got on:

Xcelerator x2

Silver Bullet x1

GhostRider x2

Supreme Scream x2

Coast Rider x1

Sierra Sidewinder x1

Log Ride x1

This sunday ill be at ghost from 945-615. It'll be my last day there as my primary ride as I'll be training at Log Ride the next weekend.

Got on:

Xcelerator x2

Silver Bullet x1

GhostRider x2

Supreme Scream x2

Coast Rider x1

Sierra Sidewinder x1

Log Ride x1

This sunday ill be at ghost from 945-615. It'll be my last day there as my primary ride as I'll be training at Log Ride the next weekend.

Cool. I'll try to stop by and say a quick hi, if I catch you at the lower level...

Thanks! Yeah, my friend still hasn't gotten to ride Montezuma's. All 3 times I've taken him over the past 2 years, it has been closed. Horrible luck.

Ever since the makeover, I make sure to ride the Log Ride every time I visit the park. Can't wait to see what they do with Calico this year.

I haven't been on the log flume since the makeover but I always thought it was the best log flume even before the renovation. Can't wait to check it out

^I've been on a number of log flumes, and the TMLR is definitely my favorite. However that may be biased a little as Knott's is my home park.

It's still my favorite flume ride, too.