TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Today I was checking prices for Fast Lane for the day that I'm going (April 8th) and it says date not available. Its not available that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday either. I was looking in May and most days aren't available then either. The park is open that day. Any reason why they wouldn't be available? Do you think they're sold out?

Today I was checking prices for Fast Lane for the day that I'm going (April 8th) and it says date not available. Its not available that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday either. I was looking in May and most days aren't available then either. The park is open that day. Any reason why they wouldn't be available? Do you think they're sold out?

We only sell fast lane wristbands if the park is budgeted over a certain number (I believe it's around 7 or 8 thousand). If we don't hit that budget, we won't sell fast lane because it would be a waste of peoples money. Because of that, the days you are trying to buy fast lane for probably aren't budgeted high enough, and therefore they won't sell them online to avoid people wasting their money. However, if the budget changes to be high enough, they will be sold at the park on the day of operation. "Budget" is how many people the park is expecting to visit that day.

We only sell fast lane wristbands if the park is budgeted over a certain number (I believe it's around 7 or 8 thousand). If we don't hit that budget, we won't sell fast lane because it would be a waste of peoples money. Because of that, the days you are trying to buy fast lane for probably aren't budgeted high enough, and therefore they won't sell them online to avoid people wasting their money. However, if the budget changes to be high enough, they will be sold at the park on the day of operation. "Budget" is how many people the park is expecting to visit that day.
Interesting, good way to check in advance to see if the park will be busy when you're planning on visiting!

EDIT: Uh oh, fast lane passes for sale on the day I'm visiting

Wow. That's awesome. I was worried that it was the opposite problem and the park was going to be completely packed.

What a great policy. There's nothing worse than pre-purchasing skip-the-line passes and figuring out you don't need them. Kudos to Knott's and Cedar Fair.

I agree, I wish other parks would to that but I'm not holding my breath. Most parks are just thankful for the extra cash and will take it any way they can get it, this sure is a refreshing thing to see.

Problem is that the 4 week time frame is in a 'perfect' world. Sometimes they have to wait for parts which will delay the rehab. Also keep in mind a 3rd party is used to perform NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) on the wheel bogies and various parts of the train chassis which can sometimes cause delays as well.