TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Grab your paddle, and head for the river wild, because this week’s news is really going to make a splash! Lucy’s Tugboat has long been a popular rollicking, spinning ride on the high seas. As part of the Camp Snoopy rejuvenation project, we’re excited to announce that the ride will remain and will be re-themed as a white water rafting adventure, re-opening early this summer as Rapid River Run. Adventurers brave enough to face the rough and tumble river waters can climb aboard and ascend to heights of 21 feet on this wild rafting adventure complete with a look-out tower.

Yup Lucy Tugboat is getting rethemed!

^Nice touch! Actually having Camp Snoopy be themed to a camp again, instead of just a collection of rides based on Snoopy characters that started out as a camp theme and lost touch with future additions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391297433.191265.thumb.jpg.c85ad1eecd2dbee40922ff31c7618314.jpg

I'm already embarrassing my daughter and photobombing the ride photos!

Great day at Knotts today. A lot of construction including the street curbs in the market place. Ghost rider is getting track work and the mine ride is moving right along in the refurb!!! No lines today. Excelerator has been a walk on most of the day so far!!!

For those of you who liked to take advantage of the Marketplace parking lot to enjoy a stroll around the park/grab some quick rides…Beginning March 1, parking will only be free for 1 hour without a proof of purchase from a store or restaurant in the Marketplace. Still will be free for 3 hours with proof of purchase. Otherwise you'll get charged a flat rate of $25.

The family and I will be going to Knott's one day during the week between the 10th and the 14th. Any suggestions on which day may be best? I'm guessing any day should be relatively light this time of year, but figured I'd ask in case there's some event I may wish to steer of, or a ride refurb that may be coming up. Thanks in advance.

For those of you who liked to take advantage of the Marketplace parking lot to enjoy a stroll around the park/grab some quick rides…Beginning March 1, parking will only be free for 1 hour without a proof of purchase from a store or restaurant in the Marketplace. Still will be free for 3 hours with proof of purchase. Otherwise you'll get charged a flat rate of $25.

I think $25 is a bit steep. I mean, the Marketplace doesn't really offer anything of any real value to justify that cost. I do realize this is to eliminate people using the 3 hr parking for the park, but $25 is a bit high.

I think $25 is a bit steep. I mean, the Marketplace doesn't really offer anything of any real value to justify that cost. I do realize this is to eliminate people using the 3 hr parking for the park, but $25 is a bit high.

I think making the fee "a bit steep" is the main idea.

It's not like it's a flat fee of $25 for everyone, you can still park for free if you are just going to the Marketplace. There's no reason the Marketplace itself would need to justify the cost. The only time the fee comes into play is if you are using the lot to go into the park, and $25 for preferred parking is actually on the lower side of things. Some parks charge almost that much just for standard parking.

The family and I will be going to Knott's one day during the week between the 10th and the 14th. Any suggestions on which day may be best? I'm guessing any day should be relatively light this time of year, but figured I'd ask in case there's some event I may wish to steer of, or a ride refurb that may be coming up. Thanks in advance.

Any one of those days should be very light. I don't know of any events planned those days, but i'll let you know if anything changes. In terms of Refurb, Ghostrider will still be down that week, along with Timberline and Mine Ride.

I just don't like the $25 flat charge. I would think it would be more fair to have the hourly rate like they did before. Using the new 1hr and 3hr model with an hourly rate after. I can just see people spending the time eating and shopping, spending money, and then 4 hours later getting an additional $25 charge after spending a lot already. I mean, if someone is there longer then 3 hours and they didn't go into the park, odds are they spent a lot of money in the marketplace.

I just don't like the $25 flat charge. I would think it would be more fair to have the hourly rate like they did before. Using the new 1hr and 3hr model with an hourly rate after. I can just see people spending the time eating and shopping, spending money, and then 4 hours later getting an additional $25 charge after spending a lot already. I mean, if someone is there longer then 3 hours and they didn't go into the park, odds are they spent a lot of money in the marketplace.

I think it is obvious the main point of this is to deter annual pass holders from using the marketplace for free parking. I imagine/hope they would make exceptions for people with bags full of purchased items or giant tabs at Friday's.