TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Nice! Is it sad that the first thing I thought of when I read about Charlie Brown's Kite Flyer was that it's going to be a Windseeker Jr.?

So it looks like we were right about Log Peeler and Snoopy Bounce leaving, though I'm a little bit surprised at Charlie Brown's Speedway getting removed. But then again, I don't pay much attention to Camp Snoopy, so maybe someone can shed some light on this.

I'm glad they've stuck with the "Camp Snoopy" theme as opposed to the more generic "Plant Snoopy" sections they've installed in other parks. The "Planets" are nice, but the "Camp" has more charm.

I'm glad the new additions appear to be family friendly and can be enjoyed by everyone as opposed to being kids only rides. It does kind of seem like a lot of construction is going on at Camp Snoopy though for 3 rides with fairly small footprints that are clustered near each other. Perhaps existing attractions will be relocated? I'm not sure if they're using some creative license or not with the concept art, but it would seem like a few moves would have to be made to get the setup in the picture.

Something tells me that social media falls outside of Knott's target demographic for camp snoopy. Cute attempt though. I could only imagine a 5 year old logging on to twitter.

They're targeting the parents.

Not to make a big deal of this, but I heard they used to make exceptions during coaster events, but eventually became completely strict. I wonder if it's not because of the design of the ride or train itself, but the surrounding trees (I touched one a few years back). Who knows.

The new Camp Snoopy additions should be great for the park, and it will be much better to have rides that everyone can ride than ones that restrict it to just kids. I am a little surprised that Charlie Brown Speedway is one of the attractions leaving, as that was one of the best rides in Camp Snoopy, but it does make sense as the ride doesn't fit the theme of the area and had a maximum height restriction. The rides themselves may not be particularly impressive, and I doubt I'll ever ride any of them, but this is much better than SFMM's 4th kiddie coaster.