TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

1 of XC's cables was replaced and it reopened around 5/530 today.

Just out of curiosity. How often do they have to replace worn cables. I bet that isn't cheap.

The cables theoretically can be used for an entire year, at which the park will replace all 3 cables during XC's annual rehab.

Unfortunately, sometimes the cables exhibit excess wear which is caught by the parks daily inspections so they may need to be replaced earlier than their scheduled yearly replacement date. I'm not sure how much exactly the cables cost but I can only imagine that replacing them twice a year is not desired.

^ I didn't realize there was more than 1 cable for Xcelerator. The old one (I assume) is on the ground in the maintenance area as you head up the queue to the ride. What are the other 2 cables for? Are you counting 2 cables for the catch car connection?

there are 3 cables, 2 haul cables (ones that actually pull the catch car), if your inline for the front row they in a little trough to the side of the catch car. Then theres one retract cable that hooks up to the back of the catch car and runs back to the motor house under the track

I was back at Knotts again today and it was loaded with people again. One of the employees said they were expecting 45,000 people today. He also said next week for all 7 days they were expecting 10,000 total.

I also witnessed the dumbest reason to shut down Xcelerator today. It was near noon and someone noticed the DVD wasn't playing on the TV sets on the loading platform. It took 20 minutes to fix that and resume operation. All I can say is Oh MY! And people complain about Magic Mountain.

I also witnessed the dumbest reason to shut down Xcelerator today. It was near noon and someone noticed the DVD wasn't playing on the TV sets on the loading platform. It took 20 minutes to fix that and resume operation. All I can say is Oh MY! And people complain about Magic Mountain.

In regards to that, they are required by law to show that video since its a safety video that opened with the ride. If any of the TVs aren't displaying the video or the DVD player breaks, then the ride cannot run until it is fixed.

In regards to that, they are required by law to show that video since its a safety video that opened with the ride. If any of the TVs aren't displaying the video or the DVD player breaks, then the ride cannot run until it is fixed.

Is that a california-only law? I feel like i've been to other parks that sometimes have had their tv screens turned off.

I've ridden Xcelerator before when the monitors were blank, and it wasn't between showings. Sorry, but it just seemed silly to me especially with all the people there yesterday waiting to ride.

Is that a california-only law? I feel like i've been to other parks that sometimes have had their tv screens turned off.

No. *BUT*, it would depend upon what is written into the SOP for the ride. So if for some reason Knott's wrote that into the SOP as being a required feature, than yes they will always have to go down for it.

I was back at Knotts again today and it was loaded with people again. One of the employees said they were expecting 45,000 people today. He also said next week for all 7 days they were expecting 10,000 total.

I went to get my season pass today and it was fairly crowded. Even the nice employees told me I made a good decision about coming today

No. *BUT*, it would depend upon what is written into the SOP for the ride. So if for some reason Knott's wrote that into the SOP as being a required feature, than yes they will always have to go down for it.

Haven't operated or read the SOP for Xcel, but at Ghost it's written in ours that the video must be playing.

Haven't operated or read the SOP for Xcel, but at Ghost it's written in ours that the video must be playing.

XC is the same as well as Silver Bullet. CA Screamin' can't run if the station safety spiel or launch spiels stop working.

All of the above attractions have the safety videos and/or spiels included into their opening checklist procedures as well as SOPs.

^I did! It was awesome! While rather crowded (though not nearly as bad as the weekend before) there were so many non-ride things to do that I still had a great time. Some highlights were the 80's tribute band, fireworks, and of course the ice show which has been running during all of Merry Farm.

At Knott's right now. In camp snoopy constryction has begun. Almost 1/2 of it is boarded up for construction. Montezoomas Revenge looks out for the count as the train is off the track and many maintnence workers are going over with lots of tools working on it.

Edited by Locostitch

^^If train is completely removed then it seems to me like it is an annual refurbishment and website may not have been updated yet.

Parks will be starting to take a lot of attractions down for annual maintenance as Holiday season ended yesterday.

^^If train is completely removed then it seems to me like it is an annual refurbishment and website may not have been updated yet.

Parks will be starting to take a lot of attractions down for annual maintenance as Holiday season ended yesterday.

I wasn't saying that the ride had a failure. Also calico is not open today with a sign outside saying it is closed. The camp snoopy construction looks like its for something big besides refurb.