TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

They did a good job with that garden! BUT..... What if they filled in the whole area with grass or play fountains like the coca cola soak zone at USH?

As ride fans, we would be disappointed---but a water play area would definitely be a good addition for the park. Water+no height requirement=perfect family attraction.

They did a good job with that garden! BUT..... What if they filled in the whole area with grass or play fountains like the coca cola soak zone at USH?

As ride fans, we would be disappointed---but a water play area would definitely be a good addition for the park. Water+no height requirement=perfect family attraction.

You have a good point, but haven't we seen enough Family Attractions added in the last few years to suit for now? I'm really hoping it will be a high Thrill Attraction to come for 2015/Windseeker's place.

Also, not to mention this isn't some thin slab of cement. Its a mega thick, reinforced behemoth footer that would be extremely expensive to dig into right now for a silly water play area. There's a reason they did what they did with the area, cause anything else other then topical additions would be cost prohibitive. I think what they did to mask it is great and more then I expected, so kudos to them!

^ You have a point. If a new flat is going in that spot sooner or later, it would only make sense to leave the queue line. If it is turned into a temporary seating area or something, maybe the queue could be covered up with something decently attractive, and Knott's appears to have done that pretty well with Windseeker's bolts.

Removing the queue rails wouldn't be a good idea if they are adding another attraction to the area.

They could easily cap the holes and put them back in if/when a new attraction uses the queue space again. I haven't been to KBF on a very busy day…is seating even an issue?

They could also use the space for a haunt maze.

True, but since the Speed Rails (Brand of queue rails they use) are cemented into the ground they would need to be cut. I just don't see the need to remove the queue quite yet if another attraction will go in that spot. They could however throw some tables in the area around the planter for guests to eat at since it's right next to La Victoria Cantina.

I was at Knotts today, and it probably was my worst visit ever. The park was overloaded. That's a good thing for Cedar Fair. The thing that upset me was Xcelerator was down, and it's not posted on their website or on the sign at the entrance to the park. This looks like a bad thing since the cable was out of the track, and they had at least 4 mechanics working on it. It maybe down for some time?? Quite a disappointing day for me... It's my fav.

I was at Knotts today, and it probably was my worst visit ever. The park was overloaded. That's a good thing for Cedar Fair. The thing that upset me was Xcelerator was down, and it's not posted on their website or on the sign at the entrance to the park. This looks like a bad thing since the cable was out of the track, and they had at least 4 mechanics working on it. It maybe down for some time?? Quite a disappointing day for me... It's my fav.

I was at the park today also for about 30 minutes before I went crazy!! lol

Crowds were everywhere !! It was so much that I couldn't even process my season pass, and I was also wondering why Xcelerator wasn't running

The Supreme Scream crew did a good job, I saw a train moving every 3-4 mins

I was at Knotts today, and it probably was my worst visit ever. oiong wiyh The park was overloaded. That's a goopoo t waid thing for Cedar Fair. The thing that upset me was Xcelerator was down, and it's not posted on their website or on the sign at the entrance to the park. This looks like a bad thing since the cable was out of the track, and they had at least 4 mechanics working on it. It maybe down for some time?? Quite a disappointing day for me... It's my fav.

I was at the park today also for about 30 minutes before I went crazy!! lol

Crowds were everywhere !! It was so much that I couldn't even process my season pass, and I was also wondering why Xcelerator wasn't running

The Supreme Scream crew did a good job, I saw a train moving every 3-4 mins

There is nothing wrong with xcelerator that I know. I was there on wensday till closing and there was nothing with Xcelerator except one train operation and 3 hour waits. I heard nothing of cable problems when I was there so they probably just let it have a break so they could do prevenitive maintnence.

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing day. Xcel was down for most of the day for cable replacement, but went back up later in the day. It was quite the busy day for us at Ghost, our line was all the way to the cave for most of the day and we were getting Handicap passes nonstop. Not looking forward to the coming days of holiday crowds, but the awesome crew I work with should make it manageable .

^ Thanks for the explanation. This cable work looked like a major production, so I left. The crowds were just too much to deal with. I'm a Cedar Fair stockholder, so the crowds made me happy from that point of view. I'll try to get back to the park on Monday at opening, before I head back to South Florida where I live.

^ Thanks for the explanation. This cable work looked like a major production, so I left. The crowds were just too much to deal with. I'm a Cedar Fair stockholder, so the crowds made me happy from that point of view. I'll try to get back to the park on Monday at opening, before I head back to South Florida where I live.

Not too major, I rode the ride at 5:45!

Do you guys think Monday will be as bad as yesterday because I really need to get my season pass processed.

Also when does the processing center usually open?

Not exactly sure. But i know it's at least 30 min before the park opened. (When I processed mine)

Hey, I have a friend that came down from Georgia and is planning to head out to Knott's on the 29th. He's thinking of buying a fastlane just in case there's a crowd. Is it worth the money? Or should he pass on it.

It's worth the money in that it provides for a reasonable expectation of being able to ride everything in one day regardless of crowds. If he really wants to ride everything, and is willing to pay to ensure that happens, it's worth it.